By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: PS Vita “The Dumbest Name Ever”

The NGP’s real name is rumored to be PlayStation Vita, which is otherwise known as (in Latin/Italian) PlayStation Life. While the name may have been misinterpreted for a codename of the NGP before it was revealed, Veta, recent images appeared to seemingly confirm the handheld’s official name as PS Vita. Michael Pachter, however, doesn’t think so highly of it.

Michael Pachter, Research Analyst of Wedbush Securities, recently took to his personal Twitter account to share his thoughts on the name PS Vita. He dislikes the name so much that he even believes that it’s the dumbest name ever.

In a series of tweets regarding the Next Generation Portable’s possible official name, Pachter firstly slated the device by saying:

I’m beginning to think that the dumber the name, the more likely a device will be successful. PSVita one of the dumber names I’ve heard . .

He then said:

If @GI_AndyMc is right and they pronounce it “Vee-ta”, it is truly the dumbest name ever. Sounds like a vegetable-flavored energy drink

Pachter continued:

When I was in law school, we helped seniors with tax returns under the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program — VITA for short

Finally, the outspoken analyst stated:

to all: yes, I remember La Vita E Bella and La Dolce Vita from the Italian Cinema. Somehow, PSVita doesn’t evoke the same feelings .

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/05/29/pachter-ps-vita-the-dumbest-name-ever/

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

coming from someone named Pachter, I agree, he knows these things.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

Ditto

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Ipad, Kinect, Wii, Sony is learning the key to success.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

It's not a smooth name at all, but proper marketing can sell anything, especially if the product is good lol.

Around the Network

Aren't those just rumours? They haven't been confirmed by Sony or anything so Patcher should shut his mouth until we get the facts.

psrock said:

Kinect isn't a dumb name, its simple.

Natal on the other hand.....

psrock said:

/thread LOL

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

PullusPardus said:
psrock said:

lol, how things have changed.

Next Gen 

psrock said:
PullusPardus said:
psrock said:

lol, how things have changed.

it's the same pattern isn't it? names like wii, kinect etc etc were all the dumbest name ever at the begining...fast forward few months and no one gives a *&%^ anymore. I'm more curious to know about the games and how they play.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!