By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why the fuss over the wiiiiiiii ?

I want wii sales to drop the wii doesnt desirve these sales.

mM
Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
I've played videogames for almost 25 years and what I have noticed over the past 10 or so years is the industry has been producing the same games with prettier graphics; for example the best game for the XBox 360 this year was Bioshock which is (pretty much) System Shock 2 (a 9 year old game) with prettier graphics. The Wii has not hit its stride yet but has already offered more new experiences that I have gotten from my XBox 360.

I havent been playing for as long (15 years)  but i completely agree.

leo-j said:

..... now the thread should get real interesting

joeynox said:

Hello I own a ps3 and a xbox 360 and i love the 360 and like my ps3. I didnt buy a wii because i always thought of it as a kiddie gimmick. I have played zelda , mario , and metriod for the wii and loved them but other than those games I cant say theres a reason for me to buy the wii. I don't understand why theres so much hype and fuss over the wii . My 2 nephews have wiis and 1 is 11 and the other is 8 , they loved it for a while but came back tot he 360 for "real gaming". So my question is With a game lineup like the wii has how can it be selling wo well? Is it just wiiiiiiiii madness like the elmo thing and that hanna montana thing thats happening now? I cans ee spening $400 on a ps3 for decent games and a bluray and I can definently see spending $300 on a 360 for great gaming and xbl but spending $250 on a wii with a handful of decent games just doesnt make sense to me. Help em out explain the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. I have a DS and love it for the nintendo games and games like castlevania but again cooking mama and these type of games I just dont get. I have a psp and play it alot also because of the better networking and the wifi goes longer distances.

I just want the nintendo fanboys to know im not bashing Nintendo in anyway I love nintendo i just dont get the craze

Excuse me, WHAT?!!?

sorta true wii is fun with mario gaxlaxy metroid etc but its last gen tec and crappy online and most of the games dont have much replay value rly makes you say why does it sell like crack well i guess the wiimote idea rly got every ones attension or something

sony and nintendo supporter

i  do not trust microsoft they screwed me over the last time with vista

Around the Network
solid snake said:
sorta true wii is fun with mario gaxlaxy metroid etc but its last gen tec and crappy online and most of the games dont have much replay value rly makes you say why does it sell like crack well i guess the wiimote idea rly got every ones attension or something

... wait so multiplayer party games have no replay value? Isnt that the point of multiplayer party games to play many times at parties?

Edit: Not saying theres only multiplayer parties games but there are enough that to say most dont have replay value is kinda ridiculous 

leo-j said:

Moronic post of the day!

Leo gets a cookie. 

there there leo j, it'll be okay. Once nintendo gains a few more market shares, they'll probably buy out sony and use their advances to create a sorta PSWii and DSP.

The PSWii will have all the power of the Cell, but have an interface as simple to Navigate as the Wii and only cost $300 to start. It'll use the Wiimote, but it'll incorporate the sixaxis into both the Wiimote and nunchuck. Lets hope they don't take out the rumble :P
The DSP will have the Widescreen and dual nubs, but will also use a bottom touch screen and cartridges. It'll cost $175 to start.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

@joeynox 

You're just part of a small group like me who doesn't get it either. Like the group who doesn't find dane cook funny. Millions of people love it. it is what it is.

@leo-j

Haha At least you're honest about it.

Im getting sick and tired of this site.

mM