By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game -- Gran Turismo 5!

I'm gonna give it an 8.2.

After the updates and completing 96% of the game this is what I think:

Good:

Very accurate simulator.

Lots of cars.

Lots of different tracks.

Lots of different competitions.

Constant updates and new events.

Awesome online.

Great graphics in some departments, especially rally tracks, tracks with weather and time change and premium cars.

Endurance races can be a lot of fun.

Bad:

The leveling system. This is by far the worst aspect and I hope it dies with this iteration. I shouldn't be required to grind in a racing simulator game. I shouldn't be forced to play it an such a linear manner. I should be able to complete it however I want! Pisses me off.

B-spec is kinda pointless, and extremely simple and monotonous.

Graphics can be very inconsistent. Recycled tracks from previous games and standard cars look underwhelming.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Chroniczaaa said:

The problem here is polyphony announces their fixes and they never announced a performance fix, they added a ton of shit yes but not a performance fix. If they confirmed all that bullshit then why not while you're at say you were working on solving screen tearing and fps, They didn't, boom.

Is it necessary? No developer list every fix done in a patch... just the new/changed features, compatibilities  and all stuffs  that consumer needs to know.... everything else is not reported in changelog... there a lot of fix and changes made not reported in any patch released (some developers list nothing... just say a new patch was released).

It is necesary you see how many people whine on the internet, screen tearing was by far most complained about thing besides lack of a spec events.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

9.6. Definitive.

darthdevidem01 said:

This was one of the games I got PS3 for, so my overall score could be classified as disappointing for me, but it wasn't disappointing ultimately.

By the time GT5 launched my hype wasn't as high as it used to be and the game itself confirmed a fact that I had begun to fear was happening, that I am really not enjoying simulation racers now.

But with the GT series itself, it was always my dad who was more enthusiastic about the games, I mostly just watched him play and grew to love them from that point, I never held the GT games as high in regard as enthusiasts like him did.

Pro's:

- Amazing amount of content

- Fun licences

- NASCAR, Kart Racing, Rally, 24 hours, B-Spec emphasis....there is so much content here for the enthusiast and in general..its mind boggling!

Con's:

- Graphics are a collosal disappointment

- Something always felt missing that stopped me from enjoying it fully

- Horrendous User Interface....it would be good on a PC, but not on the PS3

- Didn't feel like we got enough new unique tracks

- Loading times..urgh...though I admit I haven't installed data as I don't have enough free space

Overall:

So the game is great, great for enthusiastic simulation racing fans. It doesn't deliver on some promises though. The game basically showed me I didn't enjoy simulation racers that much after a certain point anymore, which is ok and which is why its not a disappointing game as it pretty much gave me the amount of enjoyment I expected from it.

8/10

you gave it  8/10 after completing  2% of the game and 2 trophies the B licence and winning your first race one ?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I have completed 99% of the game level 39 A-spec and level 40 B-spec

i would give it 9.2

PROS- physics and premium  car detail , size and scope

CONS - Polophony's sticking to a  model that is becoming more and more about  car worship and collection with some driving  thrown in and less about actual racing .

progressive damage, sounds like a good idea on paper  (newbies can race without worrying about damage early on)

the trouble is  implementation later on  it takes you 20 deliberate hits or more to lose your door.

many Series are half assed  IE some championships consist of 2 races where they all should be at least four with the choice of completing them as a true Championship as well as single races.

Entry Criteria into championships is to loose.

should be able to make up my own races using cars i own in the field.

With a game of GT's pedigree it was all ways going to be it's scope and ambition that made it strong and the same scope and ambition that is it weakness.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Vgchartz score -- 8.65

GamrReview score -- 8.8

Highest score was 9.9, lowest was 4

1 9.5 Ajescent

2 8.6 trasharmdsister12

3 7.9 Boutros

4 9.5 cory.ok

5 8.4 BenVTrigger

6 9.5 Rockyb

7 9.9 ethomaz

8 9.2 snfr

9 8.5 xinstantnoodlez

10 8 ocean-1984

11 9.4 sirvice

12 6.8 Chrizum

13 9.7 dsage01

14 8.9 osamanobama

15 9.2 CGI-Quality

16 4 KylieDog

17 9.5 SvennoJ

18 6.5 Chroniczaaa

19 9.3 chris.m95

20 9.8 geddesmond2

21 8 darthdevidem01

22 9.1 pezus

23 8.2 Troll_Whisperer

24 9.6 tombi123

25 9.2 mjk45

216.2/25 = 8.65

trasharmdsister12 said:
yo_john117 said:

Vgchartz score -- 8.65

GamrReview score -- 8.8

Highest score was 9.9, lowest was 4

1 9.5 Ajescent

2 8.6 trasharmdsister12

3 7.9 Boutros

4 9.5 cory.ok

5 8.4 BenVTrigger

6 9.5 Rockyb

7 9.9 ethomaz

8 9.2 snfr

9 8.5 xinstantnoodlez

10 8 ocean-1984

11 9.4 sirvice

12 6.8 Chrizum

13 9.7 dsage01

14 8.9 osamanobama

15 9.2 CGI-Quality

16 4 KylieDog

17 9.5 SvennoJ

18 6.5 Chroniczaaa

19 9.3 chris.m95

20 9.8 geddesmond2

21 8 darthdevidem01

22 9.1 pezus

23 8.2 Troll_Whisperer

24 9.6 tombi123

25 9.2 mjk45

216.2/25 = 8.65

Confirm average of 8.648 (8.65 with rounding) with same total sum and # of reviews. I think you just needed an averaging system... Now you don't seem to need my help anymore ^_^!!

Lol yeah I was counting up in a retarded way before

mjk45 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

This was one of the games I got PS3 for, so my overall score could be classified as disappointing for me, but it wasn't disappointing ultimately.

By the time GT5 launched my hype wasn't as high as it used to be and the game itself confirmed a fact that I had begun to fear was happening, that I am really not enjoying simulation racers now.

But with the GT series itself, it was always my dad who was more enthusiastic about the games, I mostly just watched him play and grew to love them from that point, I never held the GT games as high in regard as enthusiasts like him did.

Pro's:

- Amazing amount of content

- Fun licences

- NASCAR, Kart Racing, Rally, 24 hours, B-Spec emphasis....there is so much content here for the enthusiast and in general..its mind boggling!

Con's:

- Graphics are a collosal disappointment

- Something always felt missing that stopped me from enjoying it fully

- Horrendous User Interface....it would be good on a PC, but not on the PS3

- Didn't feel like we got enough new unique tracks

- Loading times..urgh...though I admit I haven't installed data as I don't have enough free space

Overall:

So the game is great, great for enthusiastic simulation racing fans. It doesn't deliver on some promises though. The game basically showed me I didn't enjoy simulation racers that much after a certain point anymore, which is ok and which is why its not a disappointing game as it pretty much gave me the amount of enjoyment I expected from it.

8/10

you gave it  8/10 after completing  2% of the game and 2 trophies the B licence and winning your first race one ?

No I gave it 8/10 after finishing all the licences and doing many races/cups in the A-spec and doing most of the stuff in the Nascar/Rally part of the game. I have played enough to give a score as I am not going to play more of it now, too bored to.

Next to my PSN profile it will probably say, hasn't been online in 100 days or something......my trophies won't be updated.

@dsage

Hype of a game does not equal final enjoyment. And it was fun to make threads for it due to its potential to aid the PS3.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

(plus)  Lots of game modes and events. Good driving controls and physics. Lots of cars and tracks. Beautiful graphics from time to time.

- Long loading times. Confusing menus and interface. Overall disappointing graphics. It's still hard to damage your car.

9.5/10

Pros:

Best looking car models in a racing game so far.

Nice soundtrack with the option to use your own

Most accurate racing sim ever made.

HUGE selection of cars

Great weather effects

Fun bonus challenges and Seasonal races for a change of pace from the standard A-Spec and B-Spec modes

Go Carts!

Detailed photo mode

GT TV

Cons:

A lot of the standard cars range from ugly to shit on wheels

Some of the premium car choices make no sense (Fuck you Prius)

No ability to save your progress in the longer endurance races (I have a life)

inconsistent visuals on tracks and jittery shadows

Finding a specific car that isn't premium is a pain in the ass

Grinding......

I am the Playstation Avenger.