By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game -- Gran Turismo 5!

mjk45 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

This was one of the games I got PS3 for, so my overall score could be classified as disappointing for me, but it wasn't disappointing ultimately.

By the time GT5 launched my hype wasn't as high as it used to be and the game itself confirmed a fact that I had begun to fear was happening, that I am really not enjoying simulation racers now.

But with the GT series itself, it was always my dad who was more enthusiastic about the games, I mostly just watched him play and grew to love them from that point, I never held the GT games as high in regard as enthusiasts like him did.

Pro's:

- Amazing amount of content

- Fun licences

- NASCAR, Kart Racing, Rally, 24 hours, B-Spec emphasis....there is so much content here for the enthusiast and in general..its mind boggling!

Con's:

- Graphics are a collosal disappointment

- Something always felt missing that stopped me from enjoying it fully

- Horrendous User Interface....it would be good on a PC, but not on the PS3

- Didn't feel like we got enough new unique tracks

- Loading times..urgh...though I admit I haven't installed data as I don't have enough free space

Overall:

So the game is great, great for enthusiastic simulation racing fans. It doesn't deliver on some promises though. The game basically showed me I didn't enjoy simulation racers that much after a certain point anymore, which is ok and which is why its not a disappointing game as it pretty much gave me the amount of enjoyment I expected from it.

8/10

you gave it  8/10 after completing  2% of the game and 2 trophies the B licence and winning your first race one ?

Ask your Dad to rate it for us it would be interesting to see  what he thinks of it. most of us seem to think the game is great from the driving side just the implementation is a worry plus the fact that more content is great if it is tall the same standard.
PS- resynch so i don't make false assumptions

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot