By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game -- Gran Turismo 5!

ethomaz said:

Chroniczaaa said:

I never said 20% so thats automatic reading failure from you

I also like how those updates were never mentioned in gt5 or from polyphony but instead reported from players and started from the gtplanet forums

http://consolepress.com/main/2010/12/22/players-report-hidden-changes-in-gt5/

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147112&page=10

nice job, at least i don't have a list made by biased gt fanboys

Ok... now go play the game and make a video showing screen tearing after patch 1.09... show to me.

PS. There are screen tearing like every game in the market... not like the 20% showed in your link or 10% like you said.

Your arguments are fail, oh yea doesn't happen to me, doesn't happen to 6 million people then

I sold that POS back in February no patch ever fixed my screan tearing or my enjoyement of a dull boring game.

If every patch had performance fixes then polyphony or Kaz would def. mention it, no mention ever from them about a fix like that.

Im done with this, dont reply, and dont forget UC3 will have better 3D than a PC game and advanced 3d Monitor not TV, LOLZ

Notice the difference

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/05/the-witcher-2-patch-removes-drm-improves-framerate.ars

"Our approach to countering piracy is to incorporate superior value in the legal version," explained development director Adam Badowski. "This means it has to be superior in every respect: less troublesome to use and install, with full support, and with access to additional content and services. So, we felt keeping the DRM would mainly hurt our legitimate users. This is completely in line with what we said before the release of The Witcher 2. We felt DRM was necessary to prevent the game being pirated and leaked before release."

Their development team noted their performance fixes, polyphony never did.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Chroniczaaa said:
pezus said:

Well, that's apparent. They did this with Witcher 2 just now, my framerate improved after patching it. And that's just the most recent example.

gotcha

What? Every game in the market receive update to improve performance and fix framedrop, screen tearing, shadows and everything else.

Anything could be fixed... and there are no exception because I alreasy saw updates bigger than the game itself making it a totally diferent game.

Chroniczaaa said:
ethomaz said:
Chroniczaaa said:
pezus said:

Well, that's apparent. They did this with Witcher 2 just now, my framerate improved after patching it. And that's just the most recent example.

gotcha

What? Every game in the market receive update to improve performance and fix framedrop, screen tearing, shadows and everything else.

Anything could be fixed... and there are no exception because I alreasy saw updates bigger than the game itself making it a totally diferent game.

Google it.

Patch released for Darksides just for fix screen tearing: http://community.darksidersvideogame.com/blog-post/darksiders-patch-coming-week

There are a lot more samples... PC games receive patchs for fix fps frop, graphics inconsistencies, scrreen tearing, etc every time... consoles just  begun to use patches this generation.

PS. I'm not saying that without proof... I'm a developer too (not games... software) and you can fix everything by patchs... even make a new and different software/game... it all depends on how much time and money you have to spend... the GT5 1.05 patch has 610MB of fixes, a lot of games  on PSN/Live not have that size.

darthdevidem01 said:

This was one of the games I got PS3 for, so my overall score could be classified as disappointing for me, but it wasn't disappointing ultimately.

By the time GT5 launched my hype wasn't as high as it used to be and the game itself confirmed a fact that I had begun to fear was happening, that I am really not enjoying simulation racers now.

But with the GT series itself, it was always my dad who was more enthusiastic about the games, I mostly just watched him play and grew to love them from that point, I never held the GT games as high in regard as enthusiasts like him did.

Pro's:

- Amazing amount of content

- Fun licences

- NASCAR, Kart Racing, Rally, 24 hours, B-Spec emphasis....there is so much content here for the enthusiast and in general..its mind boggling!

Con's:

- Graphics are a collosal disappointment

- Something always felt missing that stopped me from enjoying it fully

- Horrendous User Interface....it would be good on a PC, but not on the PS3

- Didn't feel like we got enough new unique tracks

- Loading times..urgh...though I admit I haven't installed data as I don't have enough free space

Overall:

So the game is great, great for enthusiastic simulation racing fans. It doesn't deliver on some promises though. The game basically showed me I didn't enjoy simulation racers that much after a certain point anymore, which is ok and which is why its not a disappointing game as it pretty much gave me the amount of enjoyment I expected from it.

8/10

After looking at all your post for GT5 I thought you'd give at least a 10. But you need that data thing. It actually works.

dsage01 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

This was one of the games I got PS3 for, so my overall score could be classified as disappointing for me, but it wasn't disappointing ultimately.

By the time GT5 launched my hype wasn't as high as it used to be and the game itself confirmed a fact that I had begun to fear was happening, that I am really not enjoying simulation racers now.

But with the GT series itself, it was always my dad who was more enthusiastic about the games, I mostly just watched him play and grew to love them from that point, I never held the GT games as high in regard as enthusiasts like him did.

Pro's:

- Fun licences

- NASCAR, Kart Racing, Rally, 24 hours, B-Spec emphasis....there is so much content here for the enthusiast and in general..its mind boggling!

Con's:

- Loading times..urgh...though I admit I haven't installed data as I don't have enough free space

Overall:

So the game is great, great for enthusiastic simulation racing fans. It doesn't deliver on some promises though. The game basically showed me I didn't enjoy simulation racers that much after a certain point anymore, which is ok and which is why its not a disappointing game as it pretty much gave me the amount of enjoyment I expected from it.

8/10

After looking at all your post for GT5 I thought you'd give at least a 10. But you need that data thing. It actually works.

I am very enthusiastic about it, a lot of that is for the sales help it can give to PS3 (lolz sad huh lolz)

Only 1 game gets a 10 from me, MGS4.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

darthdevidem01 said:

And FFXIII or MGS: PW? I enjoyed more PW than MGS4 .

darthdevidem01 said:
dsage01 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Pro's:

- Fun licences

Con's:

Overall:

8/10

You made 100 million threads about GT5. I assumed that you would give it a 10. I was actually waiting for your review the most.

ethomaz said:

darthdevidem01 said:

And FFXIII or MGS: PW? I enjoyed more PW than MGS4 .

For me it's only GTA 4. Though MGS4 was real close!

ethomaz said:
Chroniczaaa said:
ethomaz said:
Chroniczaaa said:
pezus said:

gotcha

Google it.

Patch released for Darksides just for fix screen tearing: http://community.darksidersvideogame.com/blog-post/darksiders-patch-coming-week

There are a lot more samples... PC games receive patchs for fix fps frop, graphics inconsistencies, scrreen tearing, etc every time... consoles just  begun to use patches this generation.

PS. I'm not saying that without proof... I'm a developer too (not games... software) and you can fix everything by patchs... even make a new and different software/game... it all depends on how much time and money you have to spend... the GT5 1.05 patch has 610MB of fixes, a lot of games  on PSN/Live not have that size.

The problem here is polyphony announces their fixes and they never announced a performance fix, they added a ton of shit yes but not a performance fix. If they confirmed all that bullshit then why not while you're at say you were working on solving screen tearing and fps, They didn't, boom.

Chroniczaaa said:

The problem here is polyphony announces their fixes and they never announced a performance fix, they added a ton of shit yes but not a performance fix. If they confirmed all that bullshit then why not while you're at say you were working on solving screen tearing and fps, They didn't, boom.

Is it necessary? No developer list every fix done in a patch... just the new/changed features, compatibilities  and all stuffs  that consumer needs to know.... everything else is not reported in changelog... there a lot of fix and changes made not reported in any patch released (some developers list nothing... just say a new patch was released).