By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game -- Gran Turismo 5!

Good.

-best sim

- premium cars and very few tracks with time/weather change.

Bad.

-without premium cars and few amaizing tracks its just GT HD collection.

-Fiat 500 premium and Bugatti Veyron standard. WTF!

-6 years...

Around the Network

not going to rate it since I only rented and didn't even play it much. The game is so huge I probably didn't experience everything but I'll leave a little comment.

The premium cars are by far the best looking cars of any game I've seen.

The actual game is pretty mediocre. I guess I'm more of a racing fan than a driving simulator fan, but I did not enjoy the game other than looking at how good the cars looked and test driving a few cars I dream of one day owning.

1.6 / 10

Boy did this game suck. This is quite possible THE worst game I have ever played in the history of video games

Terrible Graphics! They look like Gran Turismo 2
Terrible physics!
NO Trucks or motorcycles! A low tier game like Motorstorm has these.
All online players suck! This hinders gameplay
Lack of Content! ONLY ONE GAME MODE
Terrible AI!
It made my PS3 freeze!
No guns WTF! Lets face it, shooters are what's hot this gen.

5 year wait!! This made the game have to be better
Horrible matchmaking! WHY!
Millions of Glitches! probably billions
Low sales! Didn't outsell HALO 3 for a reason! It sucks!
PS3 Exclusive! This game should be on XBOX!
Horrible Online!
Cars were too stiff! I felt like I was driving a tree!
And MILLIONS of other reasons.

Just kidding, I haven't played it

the game delivers what racing enthusiasts could wish for.  but it falls a bit short on parts gaming enthusiasts would expect.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

6.8/10.

One of the PS3 games I can't stop playing, it's addictive and well made. So many options, so much to do!

However, it's probably not as good as GT4 or even GT3. PD screwed up the technical side of the game. Somehow the game plays like a downport from a superior system. Graphically it's probably the worst PS3 game I have ever played. There is no point in the non-premium cars, why even add them? In reality, the game is really good, but it will always feel like wasted potential.

I can't wait for GT6, where they should fix all of GT5's problems. That would be the best racing game ever. Now, GT5 is just above average for me.

Around the Network

Most real racing game ever!

Over 1000 cars

Addicting MP (still playing)

Plenty of things to do

Not a racing fan but ever since GT 1 came blew me out of my mind

Really long

Playing with steering wheel is amazing

One of the best PS3 games!

Jay520 said:

1.6 / 10

Boy did this game suck. This is quite possible THE worst game I have ever played in the history of video games

Terrible physics!
Terrible AI!
It made my PS3 freeze!

Horrible Online!

OMG you scared the shit out of me! John don't count this in!

8.9/10

pros

• the premium cars, the best looking graphical cars ever in a game, there is just sooo much freakin detail they put into them
  • the physics, this game has the best racing physics out of any console game there is, this is such a realistic experience,
  • it is by far the best console sim, nothing else comes close. laps times like for llike with reallife counterparts.
  • courses, perfectly recreated with immense attention to detail, same dimmensions, everything.
  • this is the fisrt racing/sim game that i have owned, no other GT game or any other sim has interested me in the slightest to buy, but this one did, and i loved it. i didnt know what to expect going in, having never owned this type of game, but i loved it, and even bought $120 wheel for it.
  • weather effects, are gorgeous, the best ive ever seen, the weather is great looking, and it si great to drive in, it effect the physics in such a realistic way, proving once again that GT5 is an unrivaled simulator.
  • content, content, content. this game is filled with content with over 1000 cars and 230 premium cars, over 70 tracks, a course maker, A-spec, B-spec, lisence tests, special events, nascar, rally car, you name it its there. lest not forget cart racing either, thats fun
  • photo mode, nothing shows of GT5 and all its glory like taking pictures like a pro, i love going air born in muy mclaren, and taking awesome photos.

CONS

• graphics are very uneven, premiums look awesome, and tracks look great in motion. but some of the stuff is very ps2 era. 2d trees, 2d fans, and half the standard cars look pretty bad.
  • music is pretty darn bad for the most part. i had to turn off many many songs becuase how bad they are, at least i can use my own music, wait i dont have any good music on my ps3. darn.
  • menus arent great.
  • about 400 of the 800 standard car look terrible, ps2 ports, others, seem to match up to what yo would expect of a ps3 game.
  • so many random cars are premium, while cars like the bugatti veyron are standard. and choice in car selection is very suspect.

overall this is a very great game, i invested nearly $200 into it. and i love it. some of the career mode can drag on, and the game can be vey difficult, but its just so fun, being in a phot-realistic cockpit of a car, and racing. get the game, it deserves the sales. and its undertracked

Most addictive racing game I've played, and I've played many. If it weren't for the psn outage I would still be racing 2 to 3 hours a night online. There are so many different types of cars and races that it never seems to get old. Best rendition of Nordschleife ever and a joy to drive about anything, go karts, street, rally, touring car, nascar, lemans and F1.

9.5/10

I have to take half a point of for the stale campaign and long loading times.

dsage01 said:
Jay520 said:

1.6 / 10

Terrible physics!
Terrible AI!
It made my PS3 freeze!

Horrible Online!

OMG you scared the shit out of me! John don't count this in!

Lol that goes without sayin!

And 2 days left to score (although that is more for me so I don't forget >_<)