By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Island gameplay

Dead Island gameplay, not sure if posted before, found it pretty interesting but looks far from finish and does seem like it requires some polish, but the certain aspects seem interesting thus far.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

Dead Rising meets Borderlands.  This is perfect in my book.

Looks mighty fun, Too bad its another FPS !!!!!!

I was epecting a 3rd person

I'm kind of mixed on this.  The style is just plain bland and boring.  Sure, the island is pretty but nothing at all really makes the game stand out.  I think the best way to describe this is to look at Boderlands.

If anyone remembers Borderlands before they had their current art style, everything about that game just screamed bland and there was really no way to differentiate that game from other similar games.  If they had released with that art style it wouldn't have been half the success it is today and it would have been quickly forgotten.  Since they did give it an interesting art style people actually paid attention to it.

Dead Island is Borderlands pre-style change. 

As for the gameplay, there are some parts that look interesting but I don't really want another HUB based zombie quest game.  I'm sure it will play better than Dead Rising but, to me, zombie games and movies are about survival and concentrating on quests really takes away from it.  Wouldn't it be so much cooler if it were just an open world and I got to explore the island finding these survivors or interesting areas?  Slowing unraveling the mystery?  Or even just trying to escape?  Instead, we're tied to various hubs accepting silly quests.

I'm still paying attention to the game but that preview didn't do anytthing to sell me on it.  If anything it made me a little more unsure.

The first few seconds made me feel like I was watching Classic Game Room. Especially the part where she was punching out the corpse.

Around the Network

seem pretty fun to play.. gonna keep my eye on this one..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm impressed, looks like a lot of fun and the concept feels fresh.

BTW, why hasn't anyone done an I am Legend game yet?? That would be freaking AWESOME!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

As long as the environments are more varied then I'm happy. But we havn't seen inside the city yet or the complex, so I'm sure it's fine on that front. Also ...

Imagin running through a remote desert island with zombies chasing you in a thunder storm? How can you not like that!!

trestres said:

BTW, why hasn't anyone done an I am Legend game yet?? That would be freaking AWESOME!

Ubisoft have I am Alive coming still apparantly .. that's pretty mcuh identicle to I am Legend except it's a natural disaster and not a virus.

Seece said:
trestres said:

Ubisoft have I am Alive coming still apparantly .. that's pretty mcuh identicle to I am Legend except it's a natural disaster and not a virus.

Oh yeah, that one looks promising too, but it would be so eerie and incerdible at the same time to be alone during the night in New York city, trying to avoid getting noticed by millions of its infected inhabitants while you search for survivors and try to find a cure. Plus the dog as your sidekick, just wonderful. And during the daytime, you'd face off with wild animals. I'm sure it would sell millions. The closest we have is Yakuza: Of the End, but that one is too action oriented and feels too fictitious.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies