By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami cancels Hideo Kojima project

If true...Konami the fuck are you doing?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

I hope seece is right and this is just a plan to get attention..cuz if not Konami are retarded. for Kojima games are the only good ones coming from them

Dude...come on. Contra? DS Castlevanias?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

i dont think he will leave Konami...wasnt he not just voted as the Co-CEO of Konami some months ago?

but yeah it would be so much better for him to join Sony with Kojima Productions...i mean Sony would NEVER cancel some Kojima game...

huaxiong90 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I hope seece is right and this is just a plan to get attention..cuz if not Konami are retarded. for Kojima games are the only good ones coming from them

Dude...come on. Contra? DS Castlevanias?

tbh I was thinking along the lines of releases for home consoles, and I haven't played a contra game in a looong time :S how was Hard Corps?

tho using the term only was a bit harsh, you get my point tho. He is the most exciting dev they have, and nothing, at least for me. tops MGS or ZOE. Heck I only played a bit of the new Castlevania and thought it was very good (didn't like the combat all too much tho)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Actually.. what happend to this Castlevania fromTGS 2008?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Konami as any company has the goal to be profitable, for that they need to make money. After Castlevania it's hard to judge the name Kojima as a selling point to any game (let's face it ZOE isn't a big monster in sales) Maybe Kojima's project was risk, expensive or niche

Xen said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:

His games are the only good games that came out of Konami in the last five or more years. MGS, ZoE, Castlevania... Konami is retarded.

You can't be serious. There have been plenty of good Konami games in that time span he had nothing to do with. His Castlevania is hardly considered the best over the last 5 years. Also are we seriously still bringing up Zone of the Enders as his recent credits? He hasn't made one of those in a good 8 years. 

Your post made me realize I forgot the DS Castlevanias and Otomedius Gorgeous... anything else?

Some of these games have varying degrees of likeability, but all are considered generally good or were reviewed in that range:

Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill: Origins
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer series
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Suikoden: Tierkreis
Gradius V
Elebits
Kororinpa
Kororinpa 2
MLB Power Pros series
Dance Dance Revolution series(Most are crap, but there were a few gems mixed in)
Ninja Five-O
Lost in Blue
Death Jr. and the Science Fair of Doom
Contra 4
FlatOut: Head On

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Kojima to make studio under MS for confirmed!!!

NiKKoM said:

Actually.. what happend to this Castlevania fromTGS 2008?

Very good question, if this was Namco, Capcom or Square I'd have answered "They thought it wouldn't sell iln the West" but this is Konami so I've got not clue.  Probably the same reason but I'm sure they could have reskinned one of their PS2 games and it probably would have cost less to make and sell just as much as Lords of Shadows.

Seece said:
huaxiong90 said:
Seece said:

Wow ... talk about jumping to conclusions, it's just as likely he's winding people up and will announce it at Sony's conference or something.

Hmm...you really think this is just one of his usual master troll plans?

I dunno, I don't know him well enough. But I can't see him venting like this, on his english twitter .... JUST before E3 ...

actually it was translated from Japanese, but i still hope you are right!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’