By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS may be the first instance where I actually pick Sony over Nintendo

@Runa  If you knew all that why buy it in the first place??? Did you think there would be some magically game that would come out of left field that we didnt know about??? ANd why complain it isnt like anyone was forced to buy it.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

I can't quite understand why people are so quick to go on the offensive. 

"Derp, welcome to the launch window, ever bought a console at launch?" 

Yes I have, almost every system other than the Xbox 360 has been purchased within the first six months of release, and no console or portable has ever had such a weak launch lineup.  Hell, even the PS3 had resistance: Fall of Man. 

"You're a hypocrite for not doing the research"

I did the research, I knew precisely what I was getting into, but I have every intention of purchasing every console  eventually, and I got my tax return so I figured now was as good a time as any, since the price won't drop until at least next year.  

There are other complaints, but really, can you actually ASK things instead of assuming and making accusations based on those assumptions.  I've got plenty of experience with buying consoles and I'm more than capable of researching.  

Resistance Fall of Man is a shooter. If a PS3 purchaser wasn't interested in shooters, just as you I assume weren't interested in fighters like SSFIV3D, then they would have found the PS3's lineup just as useless. You probably should take some time to actually look up what launch games were out with these systems, because your memory for them seems poor. Let me help:

http://playstation.about.com/od/ps3/a/PS3LaunchTitles.htm 

What would you say the first must own PS3 game was? The first exclusive that was anywhere near a 90 on Meta was the first Uncharted, which didn't release until November 2007, a full year after launch. If we extend to multiplats, then the first multiplat PS3 game was the Oblivion port in March of 2007, 4 months after launch of the PS3, and a full year late from the PC and 360 version. After that, the PS3 didn't even have another multiplat 90 game until November, when it got Call of Duty 4 and Rock Band.

Do you really consider that a better launch? A bunch of 7s, some 8s as the year went on, and no exclusive 9s for an entire year? Is an Ocarina of Time Port, almost sure to be a 9 game, 2 months late a worse launch than no Uncharted for a year? New Mario, Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart this year is worse than no Oblivion for 4 months? No 9 exclusive till almost 2 years after launch? To quote your own post, the PS3 needed its God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Gran Turismo to sell. 

Obviously the PS3 picked up. It now has more exclusives this year than any platform but PC, and more major exclusives than even PC. Your post is skewed, and your memory tinted with rosey glasses. Game console launches suck. They always have, and they probably always will. 

My point still stands, from MY perspective there's nothing on the 3DS that doesn't suck or isn't already out.  every other system has something special.  Every other system had something in the first 6 months or so that I could say "Sure, I'll give it a shot" even if it didn't turn out to be good.  3DS has nothing I'd be willing to pay 10 bucks for, hell, I'd have a hard time getting this lineup free of charge.  

I'm not wrong, at least PS3 had Resistance.  3DS has a port of a remake, then a remake of a remake of a remake.  Good for those who want to play Ocarina again, especially with all the added features (I'll be picking it up), but a port is NOT a good seller, at least not ideally. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Honestly? I bought the 3DS already, and I'm regretting it.  Never before have I regretted buying a game system as much as this.  There's nothing worse than saying "I have hundreds of dollars in my account, I want to buy a new 3DS game" and realizing there's NOTHING on the 3DS I can't get elsewhere...and better.  the only 'good' game on the system is Super Street Fighter IV, and I'm not sold on that one in the least (though I may give in and get it anyway).  Ocarina of Time is just a remake of a remake of a remake with pretty 3D.  This system needs it's zelda, it's pokemon, it's mario, and it's mariokart to sell. As it is, it's honsestly sitting in it's slot in my laptop case, my PSP is getting more use than this.  

The NGP actually has me excited, massively so.  Uncharted alone is enough to make me interested.  

I think it is funny how Sony fans pretend they bought a 3DS and then pretend like they don't know that new games are coming out for the system.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Runa216 said:

Honestly? I bought the 3DS already, and I'm regretting it.  Never before have I regretted buying a game system as much as this.  There's nothing worse than saying "I have hundreds of dollars in my account, I want to buy a new 3DS game" and realizing there's NOTHING on the 3DS I can't get elsewhere...and better.  the only 'good' game on the system is Super Street Fighter IV, and I'm not sold on that one in the least (though I may give in and get it anyway).  Ocarina of Time is just a remake of a remake of a remake with pretty 3D.  This system needs it's zelda, it's pokemon, it's mario, and it's mariokart to sell. As it is, it's honsestly sitting in it's slot in my laptop case, my PSP is getting more use than this.  

The NGP actually has me excited, massively so.  Uncharted alone is enough to make me interested.  

I think it is funny how Sony fans pretend they bought a 3DS and then pretend like they don't know that new games are coming out for the system.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/45681/pilotwings-resort/

I hate when Ninty fans try to demonize others by saying they're lying about their purchases when there is clear proof they aren't.

Around the Network

you can choose NGP instead, but you'll regret this later on, when Nintendo starts to support their console with their AAA games

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

you can choose NGP instead, but you'll regret this later on, when Nintendo starts to support their console with their AAA games

Sony can easily do the same.  And to me, a lot of the AAA games Nintendo will make are the same games I will see in ten years, so I don't feel like I'd be missing much.  I like that Sony at least attempts new things, even if they aren't all 10 million sellers.  Honestly, the AAA games that move stuff are Mario Kart, Nintendogs,  Pokemon and Zelda.  All great core gameplay, and some of the greatest examples of non-advancement imo.  So yes, I will pick NGP first.

Runa216 said:

My point still stands, from MY perspective there's nothing on the 3DS that doesn't suck or isn't already out.  every other system has something special.  Every other system had something in the first 6 months or so that I could say "Sure, I'll give it a shot" even if it didn't turn out to be good.  3DS has nothing I'd be willing to pay 10 bucks for, hell, I'd have a hard time getting this lineup free of charge.  

I'm not wrong, at least PS3 had Resistance.  3DS has a port of a remake, then a remake of a remake of a remake.  Good for those who want to play Ocarina again, especially with all the added features (I'll be picking it up), but a port is NOT a good seller, at least not ideally. 

You don't have a point. Are you unable to look up what games are releasing? Are you unable to read previews of said games to see whether or not you are interested in them? Maybe you should've done this before you bought the freaking thing. It's not like Nintendo has been secretive of the release dates of games. The launch lineup was out a good month at least before it came out and you act like you're in total shock that you don't have 10 games to play on it right now.

Even I have a hard time taking you seriously when you whine and moan about them remaking Ocarina of Time again and then admit you're going to buy it in the same sentence.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Torillian said:
Jumpin said:
Runa216 said:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/45681/pilotwings-resort/

I hate when Ninty fans try to demonize others by saying they're lying about their purchases when there is clear proof they aren't.

While I get your point (it wasn't very nice nor clever from Jumpin to claim that Runa pretended he bought a 3DS), I think your link to Runa216's Pilotwings Resort review doesn't help in this case. I think we can agree that game reviewers should try to be as objective as possible, which Runa612 clearly showed in this thread he isn't. Already two months after the 3DS launch he regrets having bought the system for which he reviewed a game on VGC...

really people?  my only point is that it had a dismal launch, which it did.  you're all making wild accusations based on assumptions. I have said multiple times that I know all about what games come out and when they are coming out, etc.  I take a lot of time learning about release schedules and metacritic scores and various other factors in my game making decisions. I knew damn well before the system came out that there was nothing of value on it, stop making accusations.  that's not objective, so stop accusing me of being biased.  

I need to clarify that I have full faith in the system in the future, which is why I bought it with my tax return, but since there's NOTHING worth having now, I feel like I wasted my money, and I should have waited.  

you people are so goddamn aggressive.  sheesh.  I'm the positive one here. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android