By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS may be the first instance where I actually pick Sony over Nintendo

Runa216 said:

Honestly? I bought the 3DS already, and I'm regretting it.  Never before have I regretted buying a game system as much as this.  There's nothing worse than saying "I have hundreds of dollars in my account, I want to buy a new 3DS game" and realizing there's NOTHING on the 3DS I can't get elsewhere...and better.  the only 'good' game on the system is Super Street Fighter IV, and I'm not sold on that one in the least (though I may give in and get it anyway).  Ocarina of Time is just a remake of a remake of a remake with pretty 3D.  This system needs it's zelda, it's pokemon, it's mario, and it's mariokart to sell. As it is, it's honsestly sitting in it's slot in my laptop case, my PSP is getting more use than this.  

The NGP actually has me excited, massively so.  Uncharted alone is enough to make me interested.  

Yes DS had a Pokemon, a Zelda, a Mario Kart and a Mario 3D in its first three months of life...oh, and maybe you should try Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, I don't think you can find something like it outside of Fire Emblem/Advance Wars games, plus it's really a good game. And the recent Dead or Alive too...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:

12% of brits can't see 3D

That's probably because they look into The Sun too often.

that's right rol ... visual impairments was entirely made up by the media.  ailments such as sea sickness causes by the brain receiving mix visual and other stimuli is also of course propaganda by the anti-nintnedo alliance generations ago in anticipation of the 3DS ...

Okay... I was just trying to make a play on words, because looking directly into the sun isn't good for one's eyesight. At least that's what convential wisdom says.

I honestly thought you were making a joke about UK's climate and the assumption some have that British go wild when they have one day of sun and no rain....

superchunk said:

While I understand not being interested in a library for a new device, at least not enough to warrant its purchase. I am willing to bet that by this holiday when the NGP releases you'll have the library in the 3DS to make its purchase more than worth it.

Hell, if its sales remain well below Nintendo's expectations, you'll probably see its first price drop by November.

The signs of retailers cutting the price of 3DS are already their..

http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=25049

The biggest gamestore in the benelux for that matter has now cut the price with 10€(Euro)... Yeah that is hardly anything but would not be surprised to see the price go down another 10€(Euro) during the summer..

Went to buy DoA Dimensions yesterday and I thought they would break in tears because someone finally bought a 3DS game.

Runa216 said:

Honestly? I bought the 3DS already, and I'm regretting it.  Never before have I regretted buying a game system as much as this.  There's nothing worse than saying "I have hundreds of dollars in my account, I want to buy a new 3DS game" and realizing there's NOTHING on the 3DS I can't get elsewhere...and better.  the only 'good' game on the system is Super Street Fighter IV, and I'm not sold on that one in the least (though I may give in and get it anyway).  Ocarina of Time is just a remake of a remake of a remake with pretty 3D.  This system needs it's zelda, it's pokemon, it's mario, and it's mariokart to sell. As it is, it's honsestly sitting in it's slot in my laptop case, my PSP is getting more use than this.  

The NGP actually has me excited, massively so.  Uncharted alone is enough to make me interested.  

Welcome to basically almost any consoles launch window...have you never ever got a console at launch before?

I mean did you not research to see what games are actually coming out on a system before buying it. You know you could have waited till one of those games you wanted were closer to release before buying the 3DS. You got such an expensive device without even glancing at the upcoming lineup and launch dates?

I have seen other people make this comment too....did Nintendo hide the launch date of 3DS games and claim it was getting many games at launch when in reality it didn't?

Personally I shudder to remember of PS3's first few months, hey at least us EU-ians got Motorstorm at launch...the situation was worse for the NA people. I was young back then and naively got it on launch day just because I wanted to....but never again am I buying a system at launch.

OT:

Puh-lease

I don't understand why 3Ds is suddenly some step child in the Nintendo family, its launch lineup is no worse than DS had or probably GBA/GB.....only Wii had a great launch lineup from Nintendo in recent memory.

Like I said in the other thread, I think the collossal disappointment that the 3DS has been in SALES has made people panic and jump on a hate bandwagon against it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Lostplanet22 said:
superchunk said:

While I understand not being interested in a library for a new device, at least not enough to warrant its purchase. I am willing to bet that by this holiday when the NGP releases you'll have the library in the 3DS to make its purchase more than worth it.

Hell, if its sales remain well below Nintendo's expectations, you'll probably see its first price drop by November.

The signs of retailers cutting the price of 3DS are already their..

http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=25049

The biggest gamestore in the benelux for that matter has now cut the price with 10€(Euro)... Yeah that is hardly anything but would not be surprised to see the price go down another 10€(Euro) during the summer..

Went to buy DoA Dimensions yesterday and I thought they would break in tears because someone finally bought a 3DS game.

You can buy a 3DS for 223€ on Amazon, it doen't mean the price cut is near...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

News was recently released that Sony will be reducing the specs on the NGP and on the PS4.  I think the NGP will be cool, but it isn't going to be dramatically better than 3DS other than having that 2nd analog stick.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Slimebeast said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Galaki said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

The 3DS still shouldn't cost that much. An ideal price would be $179.99 or even $199.99. And BTW A LOT of people on these forums complain about the prices of apple products

Contrary what what many people believe, the price-worth is not based on how much the raw materials cost. Technology doesn't come free.

How much it's worth is largely based on how useful it is. Its preceived value, that is, which is varied for everyone.

Well with im pretty sure the 3DS will never be "useful" enough to cost $250. The market is just wayyy to competetive for it.$200 ipod touch 8gb vs $250 2gb Nintendo 3ds.  Im not an apple fan but I and I believe most teenagers  in high school would choose and ipod touch.

To play MP3s yes but not to play games with. What gamer would choose Angry Birds and Infinity Blade over Zelda and Mario? Com'on, Nintendo is not out after those type of people. 3DS is a gaming device, not a media player like iPod.

And as for the launch price $250 for 3DS. First, if something is pricey it's gotta be Apple products. An iPhone costs like $650 and people still buy it in millions!

Second, didn't most recent handhelds such as the DS and PSP start at $250? Nintendo did it because the could, since the 3DS would sell nicely anyway (instead of being constantly out of stock and annoy customers like the Wii shortage situation).

The 3DS might drop to $199 as early as this Holiday season = huge sales.

LOL are you trying to tell me that Nintendo is not after the casual gamer? The very purpose the nintendo wii was made along with DS? Ill say it again im no apple fan but the 3DS needs to be priced at least $30 lower than the cheapest ipod.

demonfox13 said:

Being able to play KZ multiplayer on the train to work ?!?!? on a 1 hour trainride!!! that alone would make the NGP worth it. If you are able to play COD multiplayer, the NGP WILL sell gangbusters and I can guarantee that. Using 3G to play many multiplayer games will be a huge selling point for the NGP if they are smart about it and it can still be treated as a pickup and play. Imagine being able to play a 5 min deathmatch ? what more pickup and play do you want than that? Only time will tell.

For the millionth time, 3G isn't for online multiplayer, just for out-of-game internet functions.

Buzzi said:

You can't judge a console after 2 months on the market! The DS has an amazing line up, but you can see it now, back in the day, two months after its release, it was in the same situation of the 3DS, or even worse because its main competitor looked better in everything.

Just wait 'till E3, you'll judge by the enormous amount of games which will be presented. But really, do you think NGP will be cheaper than 3DS? No, and right now its games are more "home console games" than 3DS, that's sure...

Exactly this. THe DS was as much of a flop as the 3ds is, going by its early months on the market.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I can't quite understand why people are so quick to go on the offensive. 

"Derp, welcome to the launch window, ever bought a console at launch?" 

Yes I have, almost every system other than the Xbox 360 has been purchased within the first six months of release, and no console or portable has ever had such a weak launch lineup.  Hell, even the PS3 had resistance: Fall of Man. 

"You're a hypocrite for not doing the research"

I did the research, I knew precisely what I was getting into, but I have every intention of purchasing every console  eventually, and I got my tax return so I figured now was as good a time as any, since the price won't drop until at least next year.  

There are other complaints, but really, can you actually ASK things instead of assuming and making accusations based on those assumptions.  I've got plenty of experience with buying consoles and I'm more than capable of researching.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android