By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
pitzy272 said:
ethomaz said:
pitzy272 said:
Wow, GT5's legs are significantly worse than GT4's. Did GT4 have a price before 25 weeks, or is the series just less popular now?

GT4 was launched in March... GT5 in November.... so GT4 week 25 was September.

And I guess GT5 is undertracked by 200-300k in last quarter... 15k per week putiing it near GT4 sales.

Why does it matter that GT4's 25th week was September?

And why do you think GT5 is undertracked?

I want GT5 do do well, so that's why I'm curious.

July - September sales are better than Febuary-May sales.

Because there are a big drop in Europe... the biggest GT region... selling less than 7k? No way... and GT sell better where VGC does't track.

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:

I expect wii to be above 100,000 next week with price cut.

Yeah, but...

So what do you REALLY think it'll be at next week then? 100,001 or something?

EDIT**

@Zoidberg- I'd be surprised if Wii isn't on top next week, and I expect some massive ad campaign for Zelda and after E3. Then we'll have some nice sales and PSP will no doubt return to last place in the weekly sales :/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
DrZoidberg said:
Conegamer said:

I expected Wii 80k this week, so not miles away.

Price cut starts next week, maybe 200k is possible? Here's hoping, it's sold out over here

200k seems pretty high, especially considering they didn't release any new games for it. i wouldn't expect the price drop to have that big an impact

of course a lot of people might want to play that mario kart

Price cuts have always had a massive impact, regardless on what SW is released for it. 

Regardless, it should be number 1 next week, and for a little while afterwards! 3DS...dunno. People don't like that magic it seems. 

Also-nice job Seece! You got all 3 threads!

I dont expect the Wii price cut to do as much for a couple of reason.

1. They cut the price of bundle, but instead of 2 games you now only get 1.

2. Wii saturation. No matter what part of the Wii decline is simply that it has hit a market that is pretty saturated with the product.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
Conegamer said:
DrZoidberg said:
Conegamer said:

Price cut starts next week, maybe 200k is possible? Here's hoping, it's sold out over here

200k seems pretty high, especially considering they didn't release any new games for it. i wouldn't expect the price drop to have that big an impact

of course a lot of people might want to play that mario kart

Price cuts have always had a massive impact, regardless on what SW is released for it. 

Regardless, it should be number 1 next week, and for a little while afterwards! 3DS...dunno. People don't like that magic it seems. 

Also-nice job Seece! You got all 3 threads!

I dont expect the Wii price cut to do as much for a couple of reason.

1. They cut the price of bundle, but instead of 2 games you now only get 1.

2. Wii saturation. No matter what part of the Wii decline is simply that it has hit a market that is pretty saturated with the product.

AS much is the key phrase there. Sure, I'm not saying it'll be increasing weekly by like 500% or something (like has happened with cuts before), but it's possible that it will be up anywhere from 50% to 100% mext week. 

Yes, the bundle is now only 1 game (though here in the UK both bundles are being sold) but the game in there is worth more than the other two games put together. And the Wii market isn't  saturated. They'll always be late adopters who bought a PS2 in '06 or something who are only willing to buy consoles below £100. The Wii is now there. So I expect sales to shoot up because it's the first console to this boundry.

ethomaz said:
pitzy272 said:
ethomaz said:
pitzy272 said:
Wow, GT5's legs are significantly worse than GT4's. Did GT4 have a price before 25 weeks, or is the series just less popular now?

GT4 was launched in March... GT5 in November.... so GT4 week 25 was September.

And I guess GT5 is undertracked by 200-300k in last quarter... 15k per week putiing it near GT4 sales.

Why does it matter that GT4's 25th week was September?

And why do you think GT5 is undertracked?

I want GT5 do do well, so that's why I'm curious.

July - September sales are better than Febuary-May sales.

Because there are a big drop in Europe... the biggest GT region... selling less than 7k? No way... and GT sold better where VGC does't track.

July-September sales aren't really much better than February-May. Take last year, the hardware sales were 18.8 million from the start of February through May (17 weeks) and 13 million from the start of July through September (14 weeks).

In 2010, they were actually higher in February-May than in July-September

In 2009, they were 22 mllion for Februar through May (18 weeks), and 14.8 million for July through September (13 weeks).

I don't really see any evidence at all to point towards February through May being larger than July through September.

I'd say every month outside of January and Quarter 4 can be compared to each other quite safely, as they're all pretty much exactly as large as each other.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

I expected 78K, lol bang!  is it reall out of stock? I mean £99.99 would flash in peopels eyes to say come here and buy me, but 200K sounds a tad too high, maybe no less than 160K.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

I expected 78K, lol bang!  is it reall out of stock? I mean £99.99 would flash in peopels eyes to say come here and buy me, but 200K sounds a tad too high, maybe no less than 160K.

No, you said 50k to me

And yes, it REALLY is out of stock. I saw two people ask at my local GS for one and they were both turned away due to no stock. It reminded me of good old '08 and '09.

Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

No, you said 50k to me

And yes, it REALLY is out of stock. I saw two people ask at my local GS for one and they were both turned away due to no stock. It reminded me of good old '08 and '09.

After EMEAA and Japan came together 39K, I'de think Wii would be more than 11K in America's so I just up it a bit.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:
Conegamer said:

No, you said 50k to me

After EMEAA and Japan came together 39K, I'de think Wii would be more than 11K in America's so I just up it a bit.

Well, I can predict where something will be after 2/3rds of the needed data have been released

I think above 160k seems reasonable. Depends on how much of an effect it had in the UK, because the rest of Europe only got the cut today. Americas was last week, so that's fine.

poor sales all round, massive drop for ps3 in japan. if all year things drop even at xmas time then i think thats the last legs for this gen. a shame really as its been a pleasure to own ps360wii

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...