By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eurogamer: MS to announce at least 10 new IPs at E3

dsister said:
brendude13 said:

So basically you are saying that both the Wii and the XBOX 360 have better exclusives than the PS3 this year and next year?

Nothing wrong with splashing out on both, I can assure you that you could find at least a few games worth playing on the PS3.

When did I say that? 

And I have had a PS3 for two years, haven't bought a new game for it in like six months. Out of the 13 games I own, 4 are multi, 1 is a port, 2 are PSN games I had to import, 1 came with my console, and that only leaves 4 exclusives in two years that I thought were worth buying. 

It's ok, I'm just joking, i've only just discovered Chad Warden, funny stuff.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

Ah, my mistake, sarcasm detector has problems after a long day. Carry on 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
brendude13 said:

Ah, my mistake, sarcasm detector has problems after a long day. Carry on 

In all fairness, after looking through my comments, the sarcasm wasn't very obvious. Sorry about that.

Jazz2K said:

10 new IPs on Kinect? How many people own Kinect?

10 Million

Jazz2K said:

(At a minimum they are leaving a majority of non-Kinect owners hanging out to dry).

No, i'd have to say a holiday with Gears, Halo and Forza is every hardcore gamers dream.

Jazz2K said:

Then you need to be concerned If they are even full-fledged titles with tons of value associated.  Generally as we have seen with the Motion control movement (Tons and Tons and Tons of Shovelware, regardless of the console

No one cares. They're exclusive and seperating them for their control system means the same applies to things like the DS and the Wii and the PS3 Dual Shock 3.

Speaking of fully fledged content, where do you put something like Twisted Metal and Ratchet and Clank All 4 one in terms of "value associated" because i've seen them on listwars when they're essentially cancelled PSN games forced to retail.

Jazz2K said:

These are third and fourth sequels to loved games.  I'm sorry the luster is gone (Atleast with this current hardware).  What else are you going to buy though?

Stop speaking for everyone, Halo and Gears are as big as ever, bigger even.

Jazz2K said:

The thing is, by having a diverse exclusive lineup, they not only have more chances to hit with success, they have a greater chance to strike joy within every sect of their ownership/fanbase.  Sorry to say it, but if you don't like Forza,Halo, or Gears you're pretty much screwed.

Insert Uncharted, god of war, GT, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon as applicable.

How droll to try and gloss over a companies successful franchises - Hey, if you ignore Avatar, Titanic and T2 - James Cameron is pretty much screwed.

Jazz2K said:

Core gamers care most about the quality of overall lineups with games that have their interests in mind.

For the forseeable future then, at least this holiday, the combo of Forza Gears Halo is of higher calibur then resistance uncharted twisted metal

Jazz2K said:

I'm not going to get into a list war with you, but we all know that the PS3 has more compelling releases to date across various genres for 2011.

I feel gamers will be compelled to buy more Xbox 360 exclusives this year than PS3 exclusives. Stake my account on it.

Jazz2K said:

And yes they are sequels (As I mentioned above) Gears is working on it's third game (And has notoriety for it's fun multi-player), Uncharted is similar also working on it's third game but Uncharted has notoriety for it's fun Single-player.)   In essence, Uncharted needs , more sequels because for many people once you beat the single player campaign, it's over.

Ridiculous that you try to justify this kind of thing. Plus you basically ignore the fact that Gears of War's campaigns and multiplayer are not seperate entities.  They are one and the same

Jazz2K said:

Forza is working on it's third release with a possible MMO-ish 4th.  A good series but hard to justify making 4 purchases of the same game (In my eyes).

They are all different games, not in your eyes.

Jazz2K said:

And Halo has been the worst offender thus far.  Halo 3,Halo ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach.  There isn't a PS3 IP on it's 4th iteration this generation that I can think of.

Since you're counting spin-offs, we can include God of War, Ratchet, Resistance Gran Turismo, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet and possibly more. None as successful as those Halo games.

Jazz2K said:

If you're not a little Halo'd, Gears, Forza'd out by now, I think there is something wrong.  They need to come up with some new IPs to get you excited for next generation and bring out new Gears, Halo, etc

Um, clearly the sales show folks are more happy with these franchises then most alternatives. I also wouldn't dictate what is the best stratagem for next gen.

Jazz2K said:

Sony has a few like Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm.  But they also have many more exclusive titles to release simultaneously with these milked Sony franchises.  Where as Microsoft makes these milked franchises their mantlepiece.

Microsoft can make the franchise it's mantlepiece, it's the difference between having a killer app vs. filler apps.

I bet at least 6 of those games will be Kinect centric boring gmaes. Don't get your hopes up.

Around the Network

"Crytek's Codename: Kingdoms, a first-person melee game for Kinect"

Fucking great, that was one of the games I was most looking forward to. 

Like was stated before, all 10 of these IP's are Kinect games

10 Kinect announcements? Lame. Theres no possibility of a hardcore Kinect game, you guys should know that. Motion control isn't capable of it, after all.

Apparently.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:
dsister said:
brendude13 said:

You don't HAVE to be lacking exclusives the rest of the year :P.

You could join the Trey brotherhood.

I will start buying PS exclusives when they release interesting ones 

Oh I see, your a member of that "PS3 haz no gamez" crew.

What happened to ElPresador? I miss that guy, he was hilarious.

So basically you are saying that both the Wii and the XBOX 360 have better exclusives than the PS3 this year and next year?

Nothing wrong with splashing out on both, I can assure you that you could find at least a few games worth playing on the PS3.

He has a PS3. And he is entitled to his own opinion.

Hey relax I'm joking, I thought you would have got that when I refered to the "trey brotherhood" xD.

Ah I didn't know who ElPresador is/was so that must have been why I missed it.

Well at least we have more 'timed exclusives' to look forward to.  :P

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

The amount of whining and complaining in these threads is getting annoying and boring.

"I'm gonna complain about a leak, of a rumor, of a possiblity, of a chance that this is TEH MS E3 CONFERENZE!"  MS HAZ NO GAMEZ!  JUST BABY KINECTZ!

Come on people, at least wait until E3 happens to to complain, simply bitching about a consoles lineup when no one has any idea what it is is a bit on the rediculous side don't you think.