By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eurogamer: MS to announce at least 10 new IPs at E3

Oblivion86 said:

They are almost at 13 million sold now, so around 22%, next of all Kingdoms hasn't been confirmed as anything.. I love people that jump on the rumor bandwagon, neother has Alan Wake, Halo CE, or any other RUMORED game, so just stop.

I haven't been going off of anything other than what I have heard in this thread, I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, just rolling with the direction of the thread. 

Next, Sony always milks every franchise down to the bone and they have so many sequels for their games you really shouldn't say shit about MS(although they do it as well).

Every company does it,  Microsoft in my eyes has been the worst thus far this generation. 

Gears 3 will outsell LBP2, KZ3, and Infamous 2 combined, plus if even half of these titles are announced MS will once again blow Sony away in software sales.

Maybe in the short-term.  Time will tell if LBP2, KZ3 have legs and how good Infamous 2 is.  And currently, the 360 really isn't beating the PS3 in software sales with really no true games until Gears 3 at this point.

You are going to say that about Gears but look at Sony milking UC and KZ for all its worth, so once again you are not allowed to comment.

Killzone 2 and Killzone 3, (2) games.  I already mentioned Uncharted (Is in a similar situation to Gears of War). 

I am hopeful for MS E3 conference and I would like to see how this hybrid tech is going to work with hardcore games, but I'm gonna be patient and wait for people to announce things officially, instead of buying into every rumor on the net.

That's fine, they may surprise us all with great announcements. I just don't see it.  They don't have first party studios to support the type of quality software library that their core wants and it's increasingly harder to convince third parties to make exclusive franchises for their system.

So they are banking heavily on Kinect, Halo, Fable, Forza, and Gears right now.

I don't think the hybrid tech is ready to take off this generation and quite frankly, I find it a little absurd to be talking about 'Hybrid' tech and being excited about something we've never really seen working in any tangible, viable way. 

I find it much more plausible that they get 10 new Kinect IP games (Many of which being shovelware from developers trying to cash in on the Kinect-extravaganza).  Which again only reaches around 1/5 of the entire 360 fanbase.   I believe the other 4/5 of the 360 fanbase would prefer more games catered to them. 

Around the Network

We will see, but i will say the push for only kinect games would almost smother out my hopes for MS's future. God why do they have to have me addicted to Gears ,Halo and L4Dead?      Thinking about it seriously though if they have 10 new IPs for kinect and I'm still not interested I will probably know that I never will be.

Personaly I'm glad Microsoft doesn't have much coming out this year. There are just way too many games to buy this year. I really plan on only buying maybe 3-4 360 games (crysis 2,already bought, gears, MW3, and maybe some other game that isn't announced yet). PS3 on the hand I have at least 8 games I have to buy and surprisingly many multiplatform game I have bought have been for the ps3 (portal 2, la noire).

Anyways won't it be crazy if microsoft got a timed exclusive GTA 5? The internet would be nutz!

@Rpruett

Man at first I thought you weren't funny but your last post is so full of biased bs I can't stop laughing... we get it, you  can't see past your hate for MS and feel the need to tell everyone... good for you. Don't you have exclusives en mass to play? Instead of ... well, whatever!

I agree for those that don't own or don't plan of ever owning Kinect that if what MS has to show at this E3 is all Kinect stuff it's going to be dissapointing. Kinect may have 10 mil of user base but the 360's user base is still above 50 mil so it would surprise me that MS passes on that.

Jazz2K said:

I agree for those that don't own or don't plan of ever owning Kinect that if what MS has to show at this E3 is all Kinect stuff it's going to be dissapointing. Kinect may have 10 mil of user base but the 360's user base is still above 50 mil so it would surprise me that MS passes on that.

thats why MS need to push Kinect because there is too few Kinect games and 3rd parties will keep develop more controller games

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:

@Rpruett

Man at first I thought you weren't funny but your last post is so full of biased bs I can't stop laughing... we get it, you  can't see past your hate for MS and feel the need to tell everyone... good for you. Don't you have exclusives en mass to play? Instead of ... well, whatever!

No bias whatsoever.  Gears of War is close to my favorite game this generation.  Definitely up there for it's MP.  I don't hate MS at all.  This is just the limitations with MS's storming the console market plan from day one.  Eventually, Sony will re-gain atleast equal footing with third parties and then the two consoles will pit first party versus first party.   Since MS doesn't have a first party to speak of, it's pretty much a default win for Sony.

And yes, I think it's great they are supporting Kinect but if they release 10 new Kinect IPs and no new or 1 or 2 new IPs core core gamers,  I think by and large that's a big disappointment for upwards to 40 million owners. 

and some people don't even know it's Kinect-only or not,but already make a judgement

hardcore gamers,huh?most overrated thing in this gen

and hybrid we already have what people dont see on the kinect it like example harry potter and the deathly hollows part 1 ... works better with kinect but you can play with a controller if you want ... similar what kingdoms is going to be so everyone bitching about kinect learn to open your eyes and read the box first geez

Dance central 2? Why?  They could so easily just add more songs/characters on XBLA :s..

I would get it if I wasn't sad that they stopped adding DLC for games like LIPS

Rpruett said:
Jazz2K said:

@Rpruett

No bias whatsoever.  Gears of War is close to my favorite game this generation.  Definitely up there for it's MP.  I don't hate MS at all.  This is just the limitations with MS's storming the console market plan from day one.  Eventually, Sony will re-gain atleast equal footing with third parties and then the two consoles will pit first party versus first party.   Since MS doesn't have a first party to speak of, it's pretty much a default win for Sony.

And yes, I think it's great they are supporting Kinect but if they release 10 new Kinect IPs and no new or 1 or 2 new IPs core core gamers,  I think by and large that's a big disappointment for upwards to 40 million owners. 

At what point can't Kinect and core overlap?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.