By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eurogamer: MS to announce at least 10 new IPs at E3

It's good that we're getting at least 10 new IPs announced at E3 as well as announcing sequels for existing IPs but hopefully they show non-Kinect exclusives besides the expected Halo remake and Forza 4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-13-kinect-ms-to-serve-hardcore-at-e3

Summary:

-At least 10 non-sequel Kinect games to be announced at E3, many not "obvious" and some to serve the hard core

-In addition sequels to existing Kinect games such as Kinect Sports 2 and Dance Central 2 (possibly others) to be announced

-Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, and Kinect Star Wars expected to release Fall/Winter 2011

-Kinect Star Wars and Forza 4 to be shown off

-New open world Forza game being worked on in UK to be announced

-Halo remake to be announced for Fall/Winter 2011

-Rare working on another Kinect game besides Kinect Sports 2, it's not based on an existing Rare IP.

Around the Network

if theres a god splinter cell conviction 2 will be announced

I don't know how they expect us to get excited about this?

Kinect Sports 2? - fucking sell out

Dance Central 2 ANOTHER Kinect sequel already (although I will buy this one)

No established Rare IP? again, fuck you rare, I don't want anymore avatar games from you

"Meanwhile, Eurogamer has heard an open world driving game called Forza World is in development at UK developer Playground Games, helmed by ex-Codemasters racing studio executive producer Gavin Raeburn."

is that TDU-type or MMO?

Seece said:

No established Rare IP? again, fuck you rare, I don't want anymore avatar games from you

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed as well.  I hope they announce some AAA non-Kinect games such as a couple of other MS Partners games.  There's a rumor of a major exclusive JRPG being worked on for the system but they'd probably save something like that for TGS.  There's no mention of games like XCom, but it'll have to be damn impressive to stand out in the FPS genre at this point.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Seece said:

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed as well.  I hope they announce some AAA non-Kinect games such as a couple of other MS Partners games.  There's a rumor of a major exclusive RPG being worked on for the system but they'd probably save something like that for TGS.  There's no mention of games like XCom, but it'll have to be damn impressive to stand out in the FPS genre at this point.

All I'll say is thankgod for 3rd parties. As I don't even like Gears and Forza, and Fable and Halo I'm getting sick of (although I'll get CEmake, I won't get another Fable this gen unless it looks amazing, which I doubt it will be)

MS need to remember there is another type of core besides the casual core (COD, Halo) ect, and 1st party/exclusive wise they're treating them like dirt.

I really fear now that MS will focus too much on Kinect at E3 again -.-

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

not sure why disappointed

they don't even confirm it's Kinect-only or not,you guys sounds not even give it a chance

too sensitive

and yes,Kinect need more games

Legend11 said:

It's good that we're getting at least 10 new IPs announced at E3 as well as announcing sequels for existing IPs but hopefully they show non-Kinect exclusives besides the expected Halo remake and Forza 4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-13-kinect-ms-to-serve-hardcore-at-e3

Summary:

-At least 10 new Kinect IPs to be announced at E3, many not "obvious" and some to serve the hard core

-In addition sequels to existing Kinect IPs such as Kinect Sports 2 and Dance Central 2 (possibly others) to be announced

-Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, and Kinect Star Wars expected to release Fall/Winter 2011

-Kinect Star Wars and Forza 4 to be shown off

-New open world Forza game being worked on in UK to be announced

-Halo remake to be announced for Fall/Winter 2011

-Rare working on another Kinect game besides Kinect Sports 2, it's not based on an existing Rare IP.

10 new ips is good many will be new kinect games

the new forza open world i feel thats going to be the new pgr

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Sorry for the confusion in my summary, the 10 new IPs mentioned are Kinect games, but that doesn't mean there aren't other new IPs being announced.