By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A. Noire - Xbox360 vs PS3 comparisson. Is this true?

Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:

So it's in, I would have waited for Lens of Truth or Digital Foundry, but people are pretty blatant about how many issues the 360 version has. Frame-rate issues, graphical glitches, pop in issues and missing shadows, seems to be like what we all imagined might happen with the whole late in the life cycle port issues. 

The reason I brought this up is that we should probably avoid these dodgy screen comparisons before the release of a game, they are most likely always fake and it's sad when the time and effort of some weirdo is taken up to cause controversy and we all eat it up.

PS3 version aint exactly glitch free either.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2431/ignlanoire.jpg

That wasn't the point of my post, but it also mentions that the 360 versions issues are more severe and the other reviews I have read (Giant Bomb, Guardian and Destructoid all reviewed the PS3 version) made no mention of performance issues in the game, two of them actually went out of their way to say how it ran flawlessly.

Sorry if I don't take IGN's reviews too seriously, it's just that they haven't got the greatest history in the world when it comes reviewing games and analyzing their perfomance issues, while I trust Giant Bomb and have a liking for Jim Sterling because of how entertaining innacurate, biased and poorly written his reviews are.

We cool, but my point was that comparisons before the game has even come out are ridiculous and it's obvious that the pictures shown earlier in this thread were not trust worthy. I regret posting that picture earlier (even though mine may have actually been real) and I won't be doing it again in the future.

Fixed =)

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:

So it's in, I would have waited for Lens of Truth or Digital Foundry, but people are pretty blatant about how many issues the 360 version has. Frame-rate issues, graphical glitches, pop in issues and missing shadows, seems to be like what we all imagined might happen with the whole late in the life cycle port issues. 

The reason I brought this up is that we should probably avoid these dodgy screen comparisons before the release of a game, they are most likely always fake and it's sad when the time and effort of some weirdo is taken up to cause controversy and we all eat it up.

That wasn't the point of my post, but it also mentions that the 360 versions issues are more severe and the other reviews I have read (Giant Bomb, Guardian and Destructoid all reviewed the PS3 version) made no mention of performance issues in the game, two of them actually went out of their way to say how it ran flawlessly.

Sorry if I don't take IGN's reviews too seriously, it's just that they haven't got the greatest history in the world when it comes reviewing games and analyzing their perfomance issues, while I trust Giant Bomb and have a liking for Jim Sterling because of how entertaining innacurate, biased and poorly written his reviews are.

We cool, but my point was that comparisons before the game has even come out are ridiculous and it's obvious that the pictures shown earlier in this thread were not trust worthy. I regret posting that picture earlier (even though mine may have actually been real) and I won't be doing it again in the future.

Fixed =)

He has an opinion and I take his review for what it is, though he did mention something specific that backed up my argument and it matched up with the views of other reviews on other sites.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
brendude13 said:
Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:

Fixed =)

He has an opinion and I take his review for what it is, though he did mention something specific that backed up my argument and it matched up with the views of other reviews on other sites.

4/10 for both Final Fantasy XIII and Assassin's Creed 2 (some of my favourite games this gen), he doesn't even justify the score, he just childishly mocks anybody who likes the game. He is so unprofessional and arrogant that fellow editors on Destructoid often have to write alternative reviews.

Oh yeah, and did I mention he's fat?

Chevinator123 said:

its fake its been photoshoped as you can see below from the shadows

well done never would have saw it

Ok question for those who have 360 RDR and PS3 LA Noire

Which looks and performs better?

Around the Network
Badassbab said:

Look at LOT's comparison.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
Badassbab said:

I'm talking about RDR 360 vs LA Noire PS3.

LOTs comparision is just a screenshot comparison of LA Noire

Badassbab said:
huaxiong90 said:
Badassbab said:

I'm talking about RDR 360 vs LA Noire PS3.

LOTs comparision is just a screenshot comparison of LA Noire

FML. How did that slip my eyes?

360 Rules

WeezyWii said:

360 Rules

Turns out these pictures were fake. Sorry to burst your bubble.