By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A. Noire - Xbox360 vs PS3 comparisson. Is this true?

yo_john117 said:

Both those pictures look like ass...and not the good kind either!

But the pics DonsteryDo posted actually look pretty nice in comparison.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

The Xbox 360 version is OF COURSE a way better value. It comes with three disks instead of just one - three times the value.

at last someone acknowledges  the importance of the matter, by contributing a sensible and meaningful comment!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Both of thoose images look equally bad to me. Know Why?

Because games always look different in motion then they do in a still image.

Plus still image photos can screw up the ligting as I have seen many times before.

PSWii

osamanobama said:
Dr.Grass said:

*Pirate Voice*

AAaaaargggh! CONSOLE WARZ AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!11!!1!1!ONE!!1!11ONEONE!

LOL

Porcupine_I said:
Nsanity said:

Another comparison.

PS3 has bigger weapons confirmed?

Ugh. Not another Bayonetta, please.  I think those images are inverted. Can't believe PS3 version has less textures.

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:
Porcupine_I said:
Nsanity said:

Another comparison.

Ugh. Not another Bayonetta, please.  I think those images are inverted. Can't believe PS3 version has less textures.

Right bottom corner of the window in PS3 version, you can see a tiny speck left of a shot out window.

Looking at the shadows, I'm confident to say that these are different times of the day so the sun light shoots in a different directiion.

PS3 SS has lighter contrast.

Both games look fine.

The only real big difference is 1 disc vs 3 discs, stop being paranoid.

rccsetzer said:
Porcupine_I said:
Nsanity said:

Another comparison.

I may be wrong but dosen't the 360 in-game prompts use LS for the left stick and use a different icon. If I'm right and I'm not saying I am but both these screen shots are from the PS3 game and not X360 and PS3. Can someone please verify if I'm correct or not.

CGI-Quality said:
flamefist said:
rccsetzer said:
Porcupine_I said:
Nsanity said:

Another comparison.

I may be wrong but dosen't the 360 in-game prompts use LS for the left stick and use a different icon. If I'm right and I'm not saying I am but both these screen shots are from the PS3 game and not X360 and PS3. Can someone please verify if I'm correct or not.

Interesting catch (it should say "LS" for 360). Both screens would indeed be the PS3 version.

nah,it's 360 version

http://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-1927114-1-2.html

I stand corrected. Thanks for the link ;)

Are the difference THAT huge that it really matters which platform you would buy to get the game on?  I have not seen anything here that clearly puts one above the other.  And even if the original pic was faked, I don't see it as that big of a deal at all.

What is the real problem here is, if it was faked, that someone would go to their trouble to create a fake photo to be used in the console wars here.  These wars do NOTHING to help anyone people, AT ALL.  They don't do anything to help people make right buying decisions, or feel like they made the right choice in a console.  They are useless and only serve to prop up egos of people who don't have much else going on in their life.  What you have with videogame consoles is technology that is over 5 years old, that those skilled try to get the most out of.  They are mass market devices not suited for getting an ego pump over which one has the best graphics, or boasting about awesomeness, and ego pumping the way an art collector would show off rare paintings in their art gallery.  The technology is meant to be GOOD ENOUGH for most people to have a good time.  Beyond this is uber-nonsense, particularly involving multiplatform titles.

But, anyhow, carry you...