By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A. Noire - Xbox360 vs PS3 comparisson. Is this true?

These pictures are fake. Even Rockstar said that the PS3 version has a higher resoulotuion. I saw plenty of more pics. The ps3 version looked much better.

Around the Network

Fail. Turns out PS3 version is quite a bit more polished. Reflections on cars, ect, ect. Glad I picked up the PS3 version after reading DF comparison. 

Raider84 said:

Fail. Turns out PS3 version is quite a bit more polished. Reflections on cars, ect, ect. Glad I picked up the PS3 version after reading DF comparison. 

DF? You mean LOT? LOT said both were very close and the main difference was the SSAO only on the PS3.

To sum up (according to LOT)-

PS3 one disc, exclusive features, no screen tear, SSAO, slightly superior draw distance and ever so slightly superior frame rate.

360 slighty better mip mapping, normal texture maps, shadows and loading. I suspect the texture streaming, draw distance and loading would improve on the 360 if installed. LOT only do out of the box comparisons. I'll never find out cause I'm getting it on PS3.

Badassbab said:
Raider84 said:

DF? You mean LOT? LOT said both were very close and the main difference was the SSAO only on the PS3.

PS3 one disc, exclusive features, no screen tear, SSAO, slightly superior draw distance and ever so slightly superior frame rate.

360 slighty better mip mapping, normal texture maps, shadows and loading. I suspect the texture streaming, draw distance and loading would improve on the 360 if installed. LOT only do out of the box comparisons. I'll never find out cause I'm getting it on PS3.

DF said PS3 version is superior (even more than LOT said): http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-la-noire-face-off

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Badassbab said:
Raider84 said:

DF said PS3 version is superior (even more than LOT said): http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-la-noire-face-off

Yep though when Raider84 made the comment DF hadn't done a comparison yet. DF comparisons are definitely superior to LOT's  imo and LA Noire is no exception.