By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A. Noire - Xbox360 vs PS3 comparisson. Is this true?

Lens of truth comparison is out....

Around the Network

LOT

Although this is only our preliminary Head2Head, we can tell you that one version looks to have distinct advantage over the other. During cut-scenes, these two were pixel for pixel identical to one another. During gameplay however, the PS3′s utilization of SSAO throughout (which the Xbox 360 is completely lacking) is giving it an early lead going into our final Head2Head Analysis. Be sure to check back soon to see which version of L.A. Noire we crown the winner. Until then, enjoy Rockstar’s latest masterpiece anyway you can.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-l-a-noire-screenshot-comparison/2/

So ps3 it is then!

It would appear so.

One wouldn't want to waste such a fine game on the PS3. I'll wait for the PC version.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

One wouldn't want to waste such a fine game on the PS3. I'll wait for the PC version.

Still waiting for Red Dead Redemption? Might as well start waiting for this one also...

Its 2011 why does PS3 still have worse graphics on most multi platform games? Lazy developers? Anyway, already got the game for 360 as Rockstars has been pretty consistent with superior 360 versions, but when i heard about the 3 discs i wanted to change for PS3 version and i probably would if PSN wasn't down until recently, glad i didn't though.

Well for La Noire, PS3 version edges out slightly. It's not as big of a difference in graphics as RDR was, which was a crappy port for the PS3 . And anyone who actually cares about the minimal difference in La Noire is just caught up in the "console war".

mundus6 said:

Its 2011 why does PS3 still have worse graphics on most multi platform games? Lazy developers? Anyway, already got the game for 360 as Rockstars has been pretty consistent with superior 360 versions, but when i heard about the 3 discs i wanted to change for PS3 version and i probably would if PSN wasn't down until recently, glad i didn't though.

The screens are fake. PS3 actually has the edge.

Not really a big difference, though.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Fake screenshots.

The games is almost the same in PS3 or 360... PS3 a small advantage because the SSAO.

I love these threads trying to downplay the PS3.