By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 Leaked!

It looks amazing but I wonder when they'll take a break from making COD games every year.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

How people can say it sucks already and hate on it already... Without actually seeing anything from it, baffles me.

If this was a PS3, Wii or 360 exclusive and it was getting this hate for no reason at all, people would be banned....

I can hate cause i KNOW its gonna be everything i hate about console FPS games..

Linear? Check

Super small MP? Check

Die super fast? Check

No MP variety? Check

I gave up on console FPS along time ago, the only one that looks slightly interesting is BF3... and ill probably get that on PC as well.

I find it quite ironic that you hate COD but your sig links to COD music......

Did you even click on thel ink? its COD zombies (whcih they copied from Left 4 dead), plus its my friends music video (that i helped make), so its not even really COD.

Both COD WaW and L4D came out in November 2008, so no they didn't copy it. Plus, have you even played COD zombies, just because you have the same setting of shooting zombies does not mean one is a copy of the other. Thats like saying Battlefield is a copy of Doom, because its a FPS.

Stop hating so blindly, you accuse it of being linear and predictible, then they try to do something innovative, and you say that its copied. Its fine if you don't like the game, just ignore the threads about it, but this is borderline trolling.

Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

How people can say it sucks already and hate on it already... Without actually seeing anything from it, baffles me.

If this was a PS3, Wii or 360 exclusive and it was getting this hate for no reason at all, people would be banned....

I can hate cause i KNOW its gonna be everything i hate about console FPS games..

Linear? Check

Super small MP? Check

Die super fast? Check

No MP variety? Check

I gave up on console FPS along time ago, the only one that looks slightly interesting is BF3... and ill probably get that on PC as well.

1.  Linear-- you would have to define how the BF series is less linear than CoD.  I'm not sure what you mean by that.

2.  Super small MP-- CoD has groundwar which supports 16 players.  That is the standard for most FPS games.  We still don't know how many MW3 will support.  BF3 is rumored to only support 24 players on PS3/360.  The edge goes to BF3 until we know more

3.  Die Super fast-- That depends on how you play the game.  One can also spend 10 minutes trying to find an enemy in BF and then get sniped in 2 seconds.  Fast death is not necessarily a bad thing because it means more action

4.  No MP variety-- I can't speak of BF3 or MW3 because they haven't been released yet, but Black Ops pretty much owned Bad Company 2 in terms of MP variety.  Black Ops had far more in terms of variety:  maps, gametypes, wager matches, Nazi Zombies, Dead Ops, onine splitscreen, local MP, gun types, and classes.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Gojimaster said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

Linear? Check

Super small MP? Check

Die super fast? Check

No MP variety? Check

1.  Linear-- you would have to define how the BF series is less linear than CoD.  I'm not sure what you mean by that.

2.  Super small MP-- CoD has groundwar which supports 16 players.  That is the standard for most FPS games.  We still don't know how many MW3 will support.  BF3 is rumored to only support 24 players on PS3/360.  The edge goes to BF3 until we know more

3.  Die Super fast-- That depends on how you play the game.  One can also spend 10 minutes trying to find an enemy in BF and then get sniped in 2 seconds.  Fast death is not necessarily a bad thing because it means more action

4.  No MP variety-- I can't speak of BF3 or MW3 because they haven't been released yet, but Black Ops pretty much owned Bad Company 2 in terms of MP variety.  Black Ops had far more in terms of variety:  maps, gametypes, wager matches, Nazi Zombies, Dead Ops, onine splitscreen, local MP, gun types, and classes.

1. I never said BF series wasn't linear. 

2. BF3 will support 64 players on the superior of the 3 platforms.

3. A small map = die faster, espiecally by snipers.

4. The only thing rememberable about Black ops and any real shooter is Team death match, everything else is half as fun.

"Both COD WaW and L4D came out in November 2008, so no they didn't copy it. Plus, have you even played COD zombies, just because you have the same setting of shooting zombies does not mean one is a copy of the other. Thats like saying Battlefield is a copy of Doom, because its a FPS.

Stop hating so blindly, you accuse it of being linear and predictible, then they try to do something innovative, and you say that its copied. Its fine if you don't like the game, just ignore the threads about it, but this is borderline trolling."

WaW added Zombies after L4D was announced, thats how they copied it, plus 4 players just like left4dead.

I (Garnett) couldnt give a shit if they did something innovative, if its linear i HATE it! I hate linear games, Linear = boring gameplay, cause its all predictable.

The last thing Call of Duty did considered "innovative" the whole ranking system (on consoles at least) and dieing super fast (which everyone copied) in COD4.

I dont understand the hype for COD games?

They are all the same crap over and over again!! WTF PEOPLE, Waste your money on better games, yeesh!

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Gojimaster said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

Linear? Check

Super small MP? Check

Die super fast? Check

No MP variety? Check

4. The only thing rememberable about Black ops and any real shooter is Team death match, everything else is half as fun.

"Both COD WaW and L4D came out in November 2008, so no they didn't copy it. Plus, have you even played COD zombies, just because you have the same setting of shooting zombies does not mean one is a copy of the other. Thats like saying Battlefield is a copy of Doom, because its a FPS.

Stop hating so blindly, you accuse it of being linear and predictible, then they try to do something innovative, and you say that its copied. Its fine if you don't like the game, just ignore the threads about it, but this is borderline trolling."

WaW added Zombies after L4D was announced, thats how they copied it, plus 4 players just like left4dead.

I (Garnett) couldnt give a shit if they did something innovative, if its linear i HATE it! I hate linear games, Linear = boring gameplay, cause its all predictable.

The last thing Call of Duty did considered "innovative" the whole ranking system (on consoles at least) and dieing super fast (which everyone copied) in COD4.

Oh yea of course, cod also copied perk machines, mystery box, upgrades and everything else in the zombie mode.

And what exactly do you mean by linear anyway? COD maps aren't just a line where you are spawning and shooting across it. You have multiple routes that you can use to flank the opponent and reach a destination, look at radiation, underground route, left route through the factory, right route through oil drums and top route which is straight (not their fault if you run through the open route and get yourself killed instantly like a noob). In terms of map variety, it has smaller maps like nuketown, medium maps like havana and larger maps like array. In terms of gametypes, there's shitloads (TDM, FFA, DEMO, DOM, SABO, hardcore, wager matches, combar training, zombies, dead ops and even a friggin text adventure just to name a few, what more do you want?). So what is it thats linear? Also you said that BF is also linear, then do you hate it as well, that is assuming your previous statement of you HATING EVERYTHING that is linear?

Also if you "couldn't give a shit", then why the heck are you even here? Go somewhere which you actually enjoy, other than spread hate.

i cannot wait for this w00000t 2nd game of the gear behind uncharted

UltimateUnknown said:
Garnett said:
Gojimaster said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

Linear? Check

Super small MP? Check

Die super fast? Check

No MP variety? Check

Oh yea of course, cod also copied perk machines, mystery box, upgrades and everything else in the zombie mode.

And what exactly do you mean by linear anyway? COD maps aren't just a line where you are spawning and shooting across it. You have multiple routes that you can use to flank the opponent and reach a destination, look at radiation, underground route, left route through the factory, right route through oil drums and top route which is straight (not their fault if you run through the open route and get yourself killed instantly like a noob). In terms of map variety, it has smaller maps like nuketown, medium maps like havana and larger maps like array. In terms of gametypes, there's shitloads (TDM, FFA, DEMO, DOM, SABO, hardcore, wager matches, combar training, zombies, dead ops and even a friggin text adventure just to name a few, what more do you want?). So what is it thats linear? Also you said that BF is also linear, then do you hate it as well, that is assuming your previous statement of you HATING EVERYTHING that is linear?

Also if you "couldn't give a shit", then why the heck are you even here? Go somewhere which you actually enjoy, other than spread hate.

1.The perk machine was innovtive for the zombie modes, i never took that away. Infact Zombies are the only thing i really like about Treyarc COD games.

2. I said the SP is linear, You automatically assume im talking about the multiplayer modes of COD, just goes to show what people are interested, which is not the SP portion of COD.

3. Sure there are other modes, but they dont shine like team death match does.

4. I only said ill probably be getting battlefield because Battlefield is superior on PC, it has 64 players and they dont spam me with Battlefield games EVERY YEAR! (with slight changes to each game)

5. Im sure people love them good linear COD, thats fine, but its getting repetitive to me. (COD games that is)

Why argue, COD is the same tired crap year after year.......end of story!

Pokemanic said:

i cannot wait for this w00000t 2nd game of the gear behind uncharted

Game of the gear?

As in, it's a repetitive cycle? Hehe, you speak the truth.

(P.S. This is a joke)

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!