By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cafe bound to be home to many a port from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

RolStoppable said:
Tizona said:

People like to say we will have to "buy ports again" like everyone has played them. I would be thrilled if the Cafe has even straight ports of certain ps3/360 games, because these are game I haven't played. I've been playing since 1986, but as an adult, there are always games and systems I can't have, can't afford, can't play. Everytime I hear an old game is being ported to a new sysyem, I smile, because it's a chance for those who missed a good game to experience it.

I didn't play Okami on PS2, because I didn't own one. Okami is one of the best games I've ever played, and that's due to a largely "same" port on the Wii. How many people are enjoying the awesome story of Beyond Good and Evil now, who didn't have a gamecube (cause it was purple)? Ports are awesome. I said it.

Beyond Good & Evil was multiplatform between PS2, Xbox, GC and PC. Most people didn't enjoy that game, because they chose to do so.

Why do you attack me with your facts? My mistake. Bad example ( I really didn't know it was multi, I only ever saw it on GC) but I stand by my point.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Around the Network

I'm another example - never had PS3 or X360, played some games though and would love to buy some Assassin's Creed or other ports of older games for Cafe.

Sure, it won't exactly solve the problem of not being able to play the exclusive Sony and Microsoft first party games, but at least we'll get something. I hope.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Cobra_ said:

I'm another example - never had PS3 or X360, played some games though and would love to buy some Assassin's Creed or other ports of older games for Cafe.

Sure, it won't exactly solve the problem of not being able to play the exclusive Sony and Microsoft first party games, but at least we'll get something. I hope.

the problem was never not being able to play exclusive Sony/MS games, it was not getting the multiplatfom games (which most HD games these days are, there are less and less exclusives).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

hmmm maybe "project cafe" will have a trophy/achievement like system to go with these ports. i'd call them "wiiwards"!!!!(yes, I know that was cheesey...)

RolStoppable said:
bmmb1 said:
Cobra_ said:

the problem was never not being able to play exclusive Sony/MS games, it was not getting the multiplatfom games (which most HD games these days are, there are less and less exclusives).

Additionally, since nobody wants to play Sony and Microsoft first party games, it can't be a problem in the first place.

hehe, I agree...

Ports, sure Bayonetta, assasins creed 1-2 collections pack ;), brink, anarchy reigns, the suda51-mikami game, dragon's dogma, dark souls... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Once Cafe is out, third parties will flock to it for ports, and you'll see just about every single multiplatform 3rd party game designed across the 360 PS3 and PC eventually released on it as well.  In previous generations, 3rd parties usually only had a choice between two major consoles to work with (3 last gen), and some had very different architecture between the two (like PS1 and N64, for example), so they would usually go with the system that was easier to work with, had the higher install base, or the company willing to throw some cash their way for "exclusive" games.

Nowadays with consoles being so similar to one another in terms of hardware and features, it's in a developer's best interest to release a game across as many platforms as they can to reach as many customers as possible.  For instance, you don't see the latest GTA games only coming out on one platform like you did last gen.  I'm sure we'll continue to see each system get its share of special treatment from 3rd parties like timed-exclusive DLC or special bonuses for each version of a particular game, but once Cafe is out, I expect it to have the latest version of Call of Duty / Madden / Grand Theft Auto / Assassin's Creed, etc, as all the other consoles do simply because there is no excuse not to.

The only way the Cafe DOESN'T recieve all of the latest AAA 3rd party games along with its competitors is if Nintendo once again shoots itself in the foot by doing something mind-bogglingly stupid like not provide an online infrastructure that is on par with the other platforms.  We already know it'll share similar architecture to the 360 and PC, so having a gimped online infrastructure (again!) is the only thing I can see holding their system back when it comes to recieving 3rd party support.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I wonder if Final Fantasy versus 13 will make it to the system. With it's fabled better proccessor they could make make it with better textures at least.

pokeclaudel said:

I wonder if Final Fantasy versus 13 will make it to the system. With it's fabled better proccessor they could make make it with better textures at least.

A better CPU =/= better textures... that's all according to the GPU they put in it and, more importantly, how much VRAM they allot to it.

Nintendo is notorious for skimping out on their hardware in certain areas in order to keep costs down and maximize profit right off the bat, so I'm keeping my fingeres crossed that Cafe, while it obviously won't be leaps and bounds over 360/PS3, it will still have a noticeable improvement in performance and quality over its competitors.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
pokeclaudel said:

A better CPU =/= better textures... that's all according to the GPU they put in it and, more importantly, how much VRAM they allot to it.

Nintendo is notorious for skimping out on their hardware in certain areas in order to keep costs down and maximize profit right off the bat, so I'm keeping my fingeres crossed that Cafe, while it obviously won't be leaps and bounds over 360/PS3, it will still have a noticeable improvement in performance and quality over its competitors.

I don't see which processor being specified.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Well as long as there is a new Mario Kart game for the new Nintendo console then I am onboard.  So to short hand it, I'm onboard cause there is definitely going to be a new Mario Kart game :).