By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trades increased by 200% since PSN crash

Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:

p2p games still need a server of some kind and cheating and exploits are a hell of alot more common on pc, just look at diablo 2, I don't know where you get the idea that cheating is less on pc but that is pure fiction

Right, PSN does not provide that.

Here is a serious question.  Do you know how cheat and exploit security works?

Say we are playing a P2P game.  Say, you are running an Aimbot.  My game connects to your game, and our games trade files to make sure that both of us are running unmodified files.

That's it.  It has NOTHING to do with PSN.  It's all based completely on game developers releasing patches.

I mean, that's why cheating is so bad on COD.  Activision said "you know what... fuck it."

As for hacking on PC.  You seem to be missing a few important points.

A) Exploits are made on a PC.   To hack a PS3 or 360 game you are probably dumping the ISO on your computer.  If you are going to do this, you may as well bought the PC game.

B) PC gamers are generally more knowledgable about how games work.  Therefore ablet to hack.

C) PC gamers can deal with hackers eaiser... so they are zero problem.  Hackers get banned withing a minute or occurence, and thefore hacking is very rare in anything competitive.  Versus console, where it takes months to catch up with an expoiter.

the exploits and the cheating I was talking about dedicated servers the p2p ones I was talking about easier to hack the individual servers and increased downtime all around and easier to hack psn accounts because they just need to use the weakest server, stop mixing up my arguments 

C. complete bull I see dozens of hackers everytime I try to play a game online it's pathetic one of the main reasons I don't play pc games often

Er.  All of those statements are cattegorically false.

A.Exploits and cheating detection aren't any different on dedicated servers.  Outside the fact that you now autheticate vs the server. 

B.  Why would it be easier to hack individual servers, when individual servers are never hacked?  There is literally no reason to actually hack a server.

B2) Why would it be easier to hack PSN accounts?  Again, I don't think you know how that works either.

C. Are you one of those people who accuses everyone better then you of hacking? 

I think the problem we're having here is that you keep trying to argue something that you literally don't know anything about.  Not in the "you have a wrong opinion" sense... but in the "you don't seem to understand how things work" sense.

Gaming networks were litterally never hacked a month ago, the problem here is just you assuming things like usual and when everything is linked all you need to do is get in the weakest link to get into the whole thing, invidual servers are easier to hack people just haven't besides like you said they haven't seen a reason but sooner or later someone will always make up a reason and be a jerk so thats why I don't think you're as knowledgeable as you claim if you miss these incredibly obvious facts 

actually no.  Gaming networks have been hacked before a month ago.  Xbox live has been hacked before.  They just weren't as weak with peoples personal data.

Aside from which... what makes you think individual servers are easier to hack?

What technological thing makes you think that?

Big servers and small servers usually use the same security protocols afterall... and big groups of servers are... well bigger.  Meaning there are more chances for holes to get in at various systems and more entry points into your system.  There are also more people with access who's computer you have a chance of taking over, more... everything.

Also there are more reasons to hack big servers.  PSN was hacked for peoples IDs not to disrupt gaming.

So no... bigger servers are easier to hack.

It took a massive attack for them to even get the opportunity to hack psn, on a smaller server it wouldn't take nearly as much manpower and like I said your psn account would be linked to all of them, you just need to find a company who doesn't care about secruity and then ride it all the way back to psn accounts and get the info that they got before so yes it is easier or atleast takes less manpower 

Around the Network
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:

p2p games still need a server of some kind and cheating and exploits are a hell of alot more common on pc, just look at diablo 2, I don't know where you get the idea that cheating is less on pc but that is pure fiction

Right, PSN does not provide that.

Here is a serious question.  Do you know how cheat and exploit security works?

Say we are playing a P2P game.  Say, you are running an Aimbot.  My game connects to your game, and our games trade files to make sure that both of us are running unmodified files.

That's it.  It has NOTHING to do with PSN.  It's all based completely on game developers releasing patches.

I mean, that's why cheating is so bad on COD.  Activision said "you know what... fuck it."

As for hacking on PC.  You seem to be missing a few important points.

A) Exploits are made on a PC.   To hack a PS3 or 360 game you are probably dumping the ISO on your computer.  If you are going to do this, you may as well bought the PC game.

B) PC gamers are generally more knowledgable about how games work.  Therefore ablet to hack.

C) PC gamers can deal with hackers eaiser... so they are zero problem.  Hackers get banned withing a minute or occurence, and thefore hacking is very rare in anything competitive.  Versus console, where it takes months to catch up with an expoiter.

the exploits and the cheating I was talking about dedicated servers the p2p ones I was talking about easier to hack the individual servers and increased downtime all around and easier to hack psn accounts because they just need to use the weakest server, stop mixing up my arguments 

C. complete bull I see dozens of hackers everytime I try to play a game online it's pathetic one of the main reasons I don't play pc games often

Er.  All of those statements are cattegorically false.

A.Exploits and cheating detection aren't any different on dedicated servers.  Outside the fact that you now autheticate vs the server. 

B.  Why would it be easier to hack individual servers, when individual servers are never hacked?  There is literally no reason to actually hack a server.

B2) Why would it be easier to hack PSN accounts?  Again, I don't think you know how that works either.

C. Are you one of those people who accuses everyone better then you of hacking? 

I think the problem we're having here is that you keep trying to argue something that you literally don't know anything about.  Not in the "you have a wrong opinion" sense... but in the "you don't seem to understand how things work" sense.

Gaming networks were litterally never hacked a month ago, the problem here is just you assuming things like usual and when everything is linked all you need to do is get in the weakest link to get into the whole thing, invidual servers are easier to hack people just haven't besides like you said they haven't seen a reason but sooner or later someone will always make up a reason and be a jerk so thats why I don't think you're as knowledgeable as you claim if you miss these incredibly obvious facts 

actually no.  Gaming networks have been hacked before a month ago.  Xbox live has been hacked before.  They just weren't as weak with peoples personal data.

Aside from which... what makes you think individual servers are easier to hack?

What technological thing makes you think that?

Big servers and small servers usually use the same security protocols afterall... and big groups of servers are... well bigger.  Meaning there are more chances for holes to get in at various systems and more entry points into your system.  There are also more people with access who's computer you have a chance of taking over, more... everything.

Also there are more reasons to hack big servers.  PSN was hacked for peoples IDs not to disrupt gaming.

So no... bigger servers are easier to hack.

It took a massive attack for them to even get the opportunity to hack psn, on a smaller server it wouldn't take nearly as much manpower and like I said your psn account would be linked to all of them, you just need to find a company who doesn't care about secruity and then ride it all the way back to psn accounts and get the info that they got before so yes it is easier or atleast takes less manpower

Again, why would your PSN account be linkted to them?  if your PSN account was linked to them, that would defeat the point of NOT NEEDING PSN.

Seriously though guy... look up the history of this, do some research, and get a very basic understanding of what you are talking about before you keep trying to argue points that aren't completely false.

I mean, do you know how silly you are looking here?

Kasz216 said:
Again, why would your PSN account be linkted to them?  if your PSN account was linked to them, that would defeat the point of NOT NEEDING PSN.

And you just made my point

awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

How?  Your PSN accounts wouldn't be linked to every server... there is zero reason for this to be the case.

Steam IDs aren't linked to every server you play on Steam.  Steam and PSN are actually more or less the exact same thing.  The only difference being steam isn't as controlling.

Do you realize how silly you are making yourself look here?

Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

How?  Your PSN accounts wouldn't be linked to every server... there is zero reason for this to be the case.

Steam IDs aren't linked to every server you play on Steam.  Steam and PSN are actually more or less the exact same thing.  The only difference being steam isn't as controlling.

The difference is steam is a open system and psn is a closed system more to my point the psnstore which will remain closed regardless because ps3 is a closed platform Sony gets profit from everything that comes through it, linking your psn account would be cruicial to games you own otherwise piracy would be incredibly easy on digital games

Around the Network
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

The difference is steam is a open system and psn is a closed system more to my point the psnstore which will remain closed regardless because ps3 is a closed platform Sony gets profit from everything that comes through it, linking your psn account would be cruicial to games you own otherwise piracy would be incredibly easy on digital games

Why.

This is.... yet again... another thing that is categorically false and you just make yourself look silly again with your lack of knowledge on how this stuff works.

Is piracy incredibly easy on digital games that don't require PSN for online

Of which, there are tons of singleplayer PSN games

PSN has nothing to do with stopping piracy.

Piracy is stopped (or was stopped) by the PS3's key autentication system.

Opening up your system to new servers wouldn't change a thing.

I mean, you do know the PS3 has a web browser right?  If games were sooooo easy to pirate without PSN.  I should be able to use my PS3 web browser, or a flash drive on my computer.   Download Megaman 11... then it should just work right?

Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

Why.

This is.... yet again... another thing that is categorically false and you just make yourself look silly again with your lack of knowledge on how this stuff works.

I mean, you do know the PS3 has a web browser right?  If games were sooooo easy to pirate without PSN.  I should be able to use my PS3 web browser, or a flash drive on my computer.   Download Megaman 11... then it should just work right?

Why because you are playing games on servers that don't bother to check if your on an account that bought the game, not to mention the whole issue with the friends list, running a open system off a closed system store has so many flaws with it it's riddicules yet you refuse to see any of them, steam only works because everything is open and even with it working there are tons of cheaters and pirates far more then on consoles so you thinking it would work just cuz it works on pc is kinda riddicules 

question: if a retailer returns 1 ps3 weekly,how many would need to be returned to have an increase of 200%??

awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

Why.

Why because you are playing games on servers that don't bother to check if your on an account that bought the game, not to mention the whole issue with the friends list, running a open system off a closed system store has so many flaws with it it's riddicules yet you refuse to see any of them, steam only works because everything is open and even with it working there are tons of cheaters and pirates far more then on consoles so you thinking it would work just cuz it works on pc is kinda riddicules 

Seriously, go back and re-read what I said and absorb that for a second.  Do you think it's as easy to pirate a one player PSN game as just downloading it on your PSN.

Here is the hint... PSN doesn't check that... you don't have to be online to play PSN games.  AGAIN PSN does not do what you think it does.

You know what does check if the account owns the game?  Your PS3.  Offline.

Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

Why.

Seriously, go back and re-read what I said and absorb that for a second.  Do you think it's as easy to pirate a one player PSN game as just downloading it on your PSN.

Course not but it's alot easier on a open system