By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trades increased by 200% since PSN crash

awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:

You know nothing of what you're talking about and should stop and listen to those that do.  You know that no matter how much you cheat in games like Monster Hunter Tri and Phantasy Star Online even with the best equipment if you still suck at the game you won't be at that much of an advantage, you should ask all the PSP players on MHF2 that use that gamesave on Gamefaqs VNwater  

Opening up doesn't open some gateway to piracy, apparently promising services and then taking them out of your system does anyway those that are currently hacking the PS3 can pirate all they want and still play on official servers, in fact that works for all three consoles, know why?  Cause they don't have ways against that like PC titles, like product keys so no two people with the same key can play online.  

You're fighting a losing battle here, please just stop and listen, thanks.

So you're saying yes everyone can cheat but I don't care? And as far as I'm aware pirated games can't be played online on ps3 atleast not for long 

Then you're not aware at all.  The online system has no way of checking to see if your game is an original or not this is why people created product keys. 

And people will cheat no matter what game it is or how open it is, you're being a bit foolish to think cheating doesn't already happen a lot on PSN with it being closed, lets see, you've got the massive CoD hacks that aren't even taken down anymore cause the people that run those servers Infinity Ward doesn't seem to care anymore and there are no updates (if you had some private servers hackers like that would be banned on sight) , though the reason for the lack of updates is probably due to the closed service IE with Sony's locked down service you're only able to allowed so much you can let people download then Sony starts charging the company and they obviously don't like that.

I can go onto the cheating done on Demons Souls as well, but it falls under the Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star logic, you can cheat your way to the top, you still suck at the game

You require fake firmware to play pirated games thats what Sony can detect they couldn't use that method if they didn't have all the servers and we'd have to go to the crappy protection that doesn't work well on pc and yes I'm aware that theres cheating but it's rare and usually a problem with how the games online was set up or a glich in the game, pc gaming is worse on both cheating and piracy and like I pointed out before this is a once event it's not happening again, if everyone had their own servers something like this would be happening every month to some game or another  

No it isn't.  It's actually much less of a problem on PC... because cheaters get dealth with.

Actually ask someone who plays both.  You actually very rarely run into hackers or cheaters anywhere.  Your more likely to find a map glitcher on a console game then you are any problems on a PC game.

Aside from which you don't need to hack the PS3 to hack individual games.   You just need to download 1 file.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:

You know nothing of what you're talking about and should stop and listen to those that do.  You know that no matter how much you cheat in games like Monster Hunter Tri and Phantasy Star Online even with the best equipment if you still suck at the game you won't be at that much of an advantage, you should ask all the PSP players on MHF2 that use that gamesave on Gamefaqs VNwater  

Opening up doesn't open some gateway to piracy, apparently promising services and then taking them out of your system does anyway those that are currently hacking the PS3 can pirate all they want and still play on official servers, in fact that works for all three consoles, know why?  Cause they don't have ways against that like PC titles, like product keys so no two people with the same key can play online.  

So you're saying yes everyone can cheat but I don't care? And as far as I'm aware pirated games can't be played online on ps3 atleast not for long 

Then you're not aware at all.  The online system has no way of checking to see if your game is an original or not this is why people created product keys. 

And people will cheat no matter what game it is or how open it is, you're being a bit foolish to think cheating doesn't already happen a lot on PSN with it being closed, lets see, you've got the massive CoD hacks that aren't even taken down anymore cause the people that run those servers Infinity Ward doesn't seem to care anymore and there are no updates (if you had some private servers hackers like that would be banned on sight) , though the reason for the lack of updates is probably due to the closed service IE with Sony's locked down service you're only able to allowed so much you can let people download then Sony starts charging the company and they obviously don't like that.

I can go onto the cheating done on Demons Souls as well, but it falls under the Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star logic, you can cheat your way to the top, you still suck at the game

You require fake firmware to play pirated games thats what Sony can detect they couldn't use that method if they didn't have all the servers and we'd have to go to the crappy protection that doesn't work well on pc and yes I'm aware that theres cheating but it's rare and usually a problem with how the games online was set up or a glich in the game, pc gaming is worse on both cheating and piracy and like I pointed out before this is a once event it's not happening again, if everyone had their own servers something like this would be happening every month to some game or another  

No it isn't.  It's actually much less of a problem on PC... because cheaters get dealth with.

Exactamundo and private servers actually help with that as many have their own moderators that deal with any problems that come onto the server.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

dsister said:
theprof00 said:

omg someone please give me a power up rewards coupon for the ps3!!!

I'll buy one tomorrow!

Give me a second. I'll try to see how to find it... 

I've looked up a bunch of stuff already. No confirmation that you can just get the card and get the offer. Looking at the site, it appears that you buy products and get "game-miles" with purchases, and depending on your number of points, you get special offers like this one.

Hopefully someone has a coupon they can simply give me. :P

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:

Exactamundo and private servers actually help with that as many have their own moderators that deal with any problems that come onto the server.

Yeah... I just think he doesn't know how hacks work either.  I mean, hacks for PSN and Live games work EXACTLY the same way as they do in PC.  You download a file onto your system... and that's it.  Don't have to hack the console or anything.

It's not like Steam's VAC.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Uh I can use my Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II characters on official servers (which are off now) or on fan hosted servers (who have a more direct control than even big corporations do and instead of waiting hours for a ban there's often times someone always on to ban them immediately) 

Seriously man give it up on that whole angle for your argument, it really doesn't work, yes individuals make servers to hack cause some people have fun with a modified game, others run a tighter ship than the official servers, and that's what it's all about, choice and freedom, cause nothing is stopping you from using official servers in this case.

You do realize switching like that opens up cheating, you go on a hacking server get all the best items and max level then go back to official ones not to mention piracy since the servers have to actually have the code to run it it's just a mess of piracy and cheating waiting to happen and has happened on pc

No... just no... PC gaming is worse on cheating if you A venture to cheating servers to begin with or B developer doesn't support the game well, but point B goes for any service like how CoD4 on PSN was hacked to death  

You really don't seem to get it, there are a multitude of actions taken to prevent everything you're talking about, your concerns aren't even a factor for people who game on PC, but what PC gamers would hate is if some game had only one service you could go through to connect to their games and for that service to go down for 3 weeks or more. 

And no PSN doesn't detect fake firmware well, PSP is the perfect example of that, cause whenever a new firmware is detected and taken out hackers modify it to get around security... it doesn't stop all at once my friend, it's just like beliving something is "unhackable" it really just takes some smart people, a decent bit of drive, and some time.  PSN servers will come up again, if there was a team dedicated to hacking it again and they weren't some lame people wanting to do a basic DDoS attack, they would make their way back in eventually.

None of those actions woke on pc, and the stuff with call of duty was entirely the developers fault and limited to that game, it was only protected by ps3s already in place measures to prevent it, if they were that lack on pc the game would be hacked to death within minutes of launch and yes pc players would hate it but pc players deal with the hacking and the piracy already, bottom line you open it up you open it up to more hackers and more piracy exactly what Sony is fighting against now, it would be stupid plain and simple assuming you can even get the servers in the first place it'd just be a mess

Around the Network

but now I'm nervous because I just saw this

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011/04/26/new-sony-playstation-3-cech-3001a-hits-the-fcc/

and it appears they have two new skus coming, the "3000" series. Keep in mind that the cech-2000's were the slims.

Also, it was the same story when they released the slims, they discounted the price of all backstock to match the slim's price. This could mean a new 200$ ps3 slim"er" at e3.

awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Uh I can use my Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II characters on official servers (which are off now) or on fan hosted servers (who have a more direct control than even big corporations do and instead of waiting hours for a ban there's often times someone always on to ban them immediately) 

Seriously man give it up on that whole angle for your argument, it really doesn't work, yes individuals make servers to hack cause some people have fun with a modified game, others run a tighter ship than the official servers, and that's what it's all about, choice and freedom, cause nothing is stopping you from using official servers in this case.

You do realize switching like that opens up cheating, you go on a hacking server get all the best items and max level then go back to official ones not to mention piracy since the servers have to actually have the code to run it it's just a mess of piracy and cheating waiting to happen and has happened on pc

No... just no... PC gaming is worse on cheating if you A venture to cheating servers to begin with or B developer doesn't support the game well, but point B goes for any service like how CoD4 on PSN was hacked to death  

You really don't seem to get it, there are a multitude of actions taken to prevent everything you're talking about, your concerns aren't even a factor for people who game on PC, but what PC gamers would hate is if some game had only one service you could go through to connect to their games and for that service to go down for 3 weeks or more. 

And no PSN doesn't detect fake firmware well, PSP is the perfect example of that, cause whenever a new firmware is detected and taken out hackers modify it to get around security... it doesn't stop all at once my friend, it's just like beliving something is "unhackable" it really just takes some smart people, a decent bit of drive, and some time.  PSN servers will come up again, if there was a team dedicated to hacking it again and they weren't some lame people wanting to do a basic DDoS attack, they would make their way back in eventually.

None of those actions woke on pc, and the stuff with call of duty was entirely the developers fault and limited to that game, it was only protected by ps3s already in place measures to prevent it, if they were that lack on pc the game would be hacked to death within minutes of launch and yes pc players would hate it but pc players deal with the hacking and the piracy already, bottom line you open it up you open it up to more hackers and more piracy exactly what Sony is fighting against now, it would be stupid plain and simple assuming you can even get the servers in the first place it'd just be a mess

Except... you don't.  You seem to have zero actual technological knowledge and are just argueing for the sake of argueing.

Opening up your system like that, doesn't open you up to hackers or piracy at all.  It's like you don't understand how hacking works.

theprof00 said:

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011/04/26/new-sony-playstation-3-cech-3001a-hits-the-fcc/

and it appears they have two new skus coming, the "3000" series. Keep in mind that the cech-2000's were the slims.

Yeah, though i mean.  the Cech 3001as have actually been around forever with floating designs.  It just seems like they may have finally finalized whatever they plan to do with that.

Could be something big.... could be just a bigger harddrive or changing a couple internal parts upgrading for new baselines.

Kasz216 said:
theprof00 said:

Yeah, though i mean.  the Cech 3001as have actually been around forever with floating designs.  It just seems like they may have finally finalized whatever they plan to do with that.

Could be something big.... could be just a bigger harddrive or changing a couple internal parts.

yeah, see it could just be some "anti-hacker" bullshit model, or it could be a new slim (since sony said that what we call the slim isn't, in fact, the slim.)

Kasz216 said:

Except... you don't.  You seem to have zero actual technological knowledge and are just argueing for the sake of argueing.

Opening up your system like that, doesn't open you up to hackers or piracy at all.  It's like you don't understand how hacking works.

You don't control the servers you don't control the security and since your psn account has to link you all it makes everything more vulnerable, increases exploits and leads to piracy it's a stupid idea on a closed system, on pc your accounts are seperate for each game