By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trades increased by 200% since PSN crash

this is funny cuz as may 7th WW PS3 is still up over 20k on xbox and ppl think  ps3 gonna suffer but what now :)

War.......War Never Changes

Im sorry but Google Chrome is in French 

Around the Network

stupid...you just CANT destroy Sony...^^

awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

Except... you don't.  You seem to have zero actual technological knowledge and are just argueing for the sake of argueing.

Opening up your system like that, doesn't open you up to hackers or piracy at all.  It's like you don't understand how hacking works.

You don't control the servers you don't control the security and since your psn account has to link you all it makes everything more vulnerable, increases exploits and leads to piracy it's a stupid idea on a closed system, on pc your accounts are seperate for each game

Question have you played on Steam before?  Just wondering cause then you'd know that your post is just simply not true and well most of your posts would be negated if you knew anything about the service, cause it is both open AND allows you to have uniform name and account that saves all your achievements as well as having cross game voice chat, chat rooms, and the like, and able to use the web while in game... and yet I can still choose to use a custom server if I feel like it, hell Steam gives me the tools to operate one properly and I can use my PC to host, there really isn't any excuse to leave a service closed since I'm more likely to find hackers in game getting away with hacking in a console game than on private servers run by dedicated players.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

theprof00 said:
Kasz216 said:
theprof00 said:

but now I'm nervous because I just saw this

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011/04/26/new-sony-playstation-3-cech-3001a-hits-the-fcc/

and it appears they have two new skus coming, the "3000" series. Keep in mind that the cech-2000's were the slims.

Yeah, though i mean.  the Cech 3001as have actually been around forever with floating designs.  It just seems like they may have finally finalized whatever they plan to do with that.

Could be something big.... could be just a bigger harddrive or changing a couple internal parts.

yeah, see it could just be some "anti-hacker" bullshit model, or it could be a new slim (since sony said that what we call the slim isn't, in fact, the slim.)

I don't see how you could have an anti-hacker model.  I mean, to my knoweledge. if you did... no old games would work with it... since the Master keys need to work in harmony with the software.

Hope it's a new model.  Would be good for buisness... and changes are this whole PSN situation has hurt them, though it's been somewhat obsfucated by golden week in japan.

awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

Except... you don't.  You seem to have zero actual technological knowledge and are just argueing for the sake of argueing.

Opening up your system like that, doesn't open you up to hackers or piracy at all.  It's like you don't understand how hacking works.

You don't control the servers you don't control the security and since your psn account has to link you all it makes everything more vulnerable, increases exploits and leads to piracy it's a stupid idea on a closed system, on pc your accounts are seperate for each game

So i'm right then... you don't know how hacking or piracy work.  Or PC gaming apparently.

Hacks aren't put in server side.

Servers are forced to update when games update.

There is no difference in hacking a PS3 game and a PC game.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

Question have you played on Steam before?  Just wondering cause then you'd know that your post is just simply not true and well most of your posts would be negated if you knew anything about the service, cause it is both open AND allows you to have uniform name and account that saves all your achievements as well as having cross game voice chat, chat rooms, and the like, and able to use the web while in game... and yet I can still choose to use a custom server if I feel like it, hell Steam gives me the tools to operate one properly and I can use my PC to host, there really isn't any excuse to leave a service closed since I'm more likely to find hackers in game getting away with hacking in a console game than on private servers run by dedicated players.

No1 is going to host dedicated servers for consoles games which like you said is p2p in game and like I already pointed out having every company have their own servers for the waiting rooms and matchmaking or whatever is a bad idea 

Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

So i'm right then... you don't know how hacking or piracy work.

You obviously aren't adept with common sense your pc elitism is getting the best of you, you refuse to see the faults and the potential issues

awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

No1 is going to host dedicated servers for consoles games which like you said is p2p in game and like I already pointed out having every company have their own servers for the waiting rooms and matchmaking or whatever is a bad idea 

Except... the reasons you've pointed out were complete fiction and seemingly based on no understanding of how hackers work.  Private servers don't open you up to hackers.  You don't use servers to hack.

It doesn't open you up to piracy either.  At best it allows people who do pirate, to play on pirated servers... but it doesn't make it any easier to pirate.

Nothing would change in sony's anti-piracy moves.

PSN does not control the security now.  All of the verification software is done by each company independetly.  There is literally no difference between the security on a PC game and a console game when it comes to hackers.

Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

Except... the reasons you've pointed out were complete fiction and seemingly based on no understanding of how hackers work.  Private servers don't open you up to hackers.  You don't use servers to hack.

It doesn't open you up to piracy either.  At best it allows people who do pirate, to play on pirated servers... but it doesn't make it any easier to pirate.

I said cheating and exploits and Sony is fighting against pirates why let them have a place where they can play in peace? and you have yet to address any of my points on the p2p games which is the vast majority which need servers for waiting rooms 

awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:
awesomeX10 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Kasz216 said:

I said cheating and exploits and Sony is fighting against pirates why let them have a place where they can play in peace? and you have yet to address any of my points on the p2p games which is the vast majority which need servers for waiting rooms 

Yes... and cheating and exploits work EXACTLY the same way on PS3 as they do on PC.  There is zero difference.  PSN provides zero extra protection.

Well actually i take that back.  On PC developers can immediatly patch their games.  While on PSN and Xbox live developers have to go through a quere so it takes weeks longe to patch.

Also no... P2p games don't need "waiting rooms".  They need a master server list.  Which is a totally different thing... that the console providers already provide.

The "waiting room" comment was an overly simplistic explination for you.  It's not really a waiting room.  It's just a server or really, webpage... which all of the online consoles send a signal to so that all the IPs playing games are in one place.

Who do you think provides those in PC/360/PS3 multiplat games?