By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda OOT Screens + Infos (Boss Russ / mastr Quest ... )

Snesboy said:
Mr Khan said:

I don't see the need to mirror, but the rest of it sounds cool.

Ever tried to play Twilight Princess on Wii after playing it on GameCube? It's very disorienting with it being all flipped n shit. That's why they flipped it.

I did it the other way. I bought TP at Wii launch, and later tried it at my cousin's who had it on GameCube, but didn't try it long enough to catch the disorientation.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
Khuutra said:

Am I reading that right? Enemies in Master Quest do double damage? As in Iron Knuckles will smack you for eight hearts?

Six. Iron Knuckles hit for three in OoT.

I know that the miniboss Iron Knuckle from the Adult Spirit Temple hits for four, unless I have completely misremembered. Ditto Ganon.

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:

Am I reading that right? Enemies in Master Quest do double damage? As in Iron Knuckles will smack you for eight hearts?

Double damage has always been the case in Master Quest, at least when it comes to normal enemies. I can't say for sure about the bosses, because I don't remember ever getting hit by their more powerful attacks.

Besides, double damage really only puts OoT back in line with previous Zelda games. You know, OoT was the Zelda game to introduce actual quarter of a heart hits.

Is that so? Huh.

Regardless, I don't think any other Zelda had Ganon three-shot you at full health - five if you have doubled defense.

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:

Is that so? Huh.

Regardless, I don't think any other Zelda had Ganon three-shot you at full health - five if you have doubled defense.

It's possible that minibosses and bosses do the same exact damage in Master Quest, it's been too long since the last time I played it.

As for Ganon killing you with three hits, if he did two hearts damage in ALttP when you had the red armor, then it would be four with the blue armor and eight with the green one. So yeah...

That isn't how damage worked in LttP though; red provided double the protection of green, not four times.

Faxanadu said:
wfz said:

I don't like the idea of having the entire map flipped.... I really don't like that. But oh well.

What is the problem with this?

It disorients the very basic understandings of the game for my brain, and it will constantly feel "wrong" to see everything backwards. I simply dislike that.

Around the Network

More Pics here (JP version this time)

Find our Full Set here

Wow...sound cool. REAL cool!

Can it beat the original? I think it could, but it will be heavily marked down for a straight port. For shame.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Really excited for this remake everything is sounding better and better.  June is shaping up to be a big month for 3DS.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

THis looks bloody good every time I see it!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!