- Uncharted 2: After the amount of build up and hype for this series, you better believe I was in that store for this one on launch day. For the amount of time it took to beat this game, nothing else on earth mattered. Great game--worth getting up early for!
- Metal Gear Solid 4: This is the only game I've ever stood in line for at a midnight launch. I went home with my MGS4 80GB PS3 and a huge smile on my face. If I had died right there on the spot, I'd have died happy. Of course, I couldn't play the game until the next day (my first taste of PS3 installs and updates). And while the game didn't blow me away like I'd hoped, it was worth it. I'd do it all again with a smile!
- Heavy Rain: This is the kind of niche game that I love. I was tooo hyped for this one (and CGI kept feeding my hype--he's the "Flavor Flav" of VGChartz!). Amazing game. Usually when I buy a game, I sneak it past my girlfriend (I have SHELVES of video games and I always convince her that "Oh, I bought this game months ago!" despite the fact that it's January and the game says 2011 when I turn it on.) but with Heavy Rain, we walked right into that store, side by side, bought the game, and she watched me play it. Great game.
- Final Fantasy XIII: Fuck this game I'm adopted. Next!
- Batman Arkham Asylum: The first time I've ever totally payed off a game a month before it came out. I'm not a fan of pre-orders but I just knew this game was something special. It was a good feeling walking into that Gamestop and walking out with this game--in front of a line of guys that didn't pre-order and were waiting for a shipment to come in! One of my favorite games of the entire generation!
I can't remember any downloadables that I've bought on day one--but there were any. I can't remeber the previous gens either exept for Feel the Magic (with a brand new DS) and Super Mario 64 and SSX (got the games but no console!).
Fixed it for you.
Anyway the only games I have bought day one are:
Sonic Adventure 2 - I can barely remember that far back, I was pretty young, all I can remember is I loved the game and didn't stop playing it for a year.
Resident Evil 3 - I had played the first two games, my dad picked the third up from a store the day it came out. The puzzles were easier so I could actually complete the game. Despite being scared shitless, I loved the game.
Metal Gear Solid 4 - It wasn't as good as the past games in the franchise, but it was still amazing, played it all day long =).
Final Fantasy XIII - Best game ever made? *trollface* ...But seriously, I loved this game to death, I never bothered to listen to the tasteless haters, they can go and play Halo, while I can appreciate a work of art.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - I bought this game everywhere I went, urging other people to buy it and play co-op with me. It was a refreshing game and while it wasn't perfect, it was much better than Portable Ops. Easily one of my favourite handheld games.
Pokemon Silver - I used so many AA batteries playing through this game, I used to sit outside on my farm and just play Pokemon. God knows how many hours I have put into this game, all I can guess is it must be around 400 hours.