By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many consoles do you think people return this week?

After seeing the numbers I'm assuming most consoles bought were gifts from parents/family members to the actual gamer. Of course, families sometimes go with what retailers tell them is the "coolest fad" and sadly those sellers tend to be pretty biased to their console of choice. In my opinion, this week we'll see

PS3 - Around 200k returned to stores

360 - Around 50k

Wii - Around 100k

Is there any way to track this sort of info btw?

What are you looking at, nerd?
Around the Network

with 200k PS3 returns I think we'd end up seeing negative sales...

I think all 3 numbers are way to high, but that is just my opinion

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

StanGable said:

After seeing the numbers I'm assuming most consoles bought were gifts from parents/family members to the actual gamer. Of course, families sometimes go with what retailers tell them is the "coolest fad" and sadly those sellers tend to be pretty biased to their console of choice. In my opinion, this week we'll see

PS3 - Around 200k returned to stores

360 - Around 50k

Wii - Around 100k

Is there any way to track this sort of info btw?

I expect that many of the PS3's and 360's were bought by parents who couldn't find a Wii, so a few will get returned, I don't expect any Wii's to be returned since even if you don't want it it can be sold on Ebay for a profit

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

no parent spends 400 or 500 dollars on something their kid doesnt want.

No real way to track it, no. But I kind of doubt there will be many returns of Wii systems to stores. You would have to be living under a rock at this point to not know that it's in insanely high demand; even my parents know, and their experience with modern gaming can said to be limited to free Flash games on Yahoo. No, I think that if somebody decides to ditch their Wii, they're much more likely to try and sell it themselves. Especially if they do try to return it and find out they can only get a fraction of the original $250 it cost that way, but can easily get full price selling it on their own.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

LOL, 200k for the PS3 ...

are u sure ?

are u talking about NA ? others ? or japan ?

whatever I assume fews people will buy a 400$ console with NO games just because the retailers say them : "this is the coolest fad" when there are 2 cheaper console ...

if someone buy a PS3, it is because he knows what he is doing.

(I know the 40gb dont play PS2 games but Xbox360/Wii dont play them either)

Time to Work !

This is extremely unlikey, what kid would refuse a $400 gift. Or what parent would spend that much on their kids without asking them what they want

Why would anyone return there ps3?

mM
libellule said:

if someone buy a PS3, it is because he knows what he is doing.

I have a friend that bought a PS3 thinking that FFVII tech demo was a real game :)

I'm going to take a wild guess and say 17