By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many consoles do you think people return this week?

StanGable said:
I'm basing this numbers on a few things

1) 360 main sales come from America and it's pretty obvious that even with the RRoD (which I believe has been fixed a while back, I dunno why people keep brining that topic up) America loves the 360

2)PS3 highest seller is the 40GB and like someone said not EVERYONE specially parents are aware of the lack of BC which I'm sure it's a big seller

3)Wii yes I agree that its pretty high in demand but you never know. A lot of the ebayers put a reserve amount and will not take any less for the item. This is my personal experience. Had I not sold my Wii for the amount I wanted I would've return it to the store. And the fact that the Wii numbers are so high the higher chances of more returns.

And FYI, I'm fanboy of non. I own none of the 3 next gen consoles cuz I don't believe in buying a product when its at its highest cost. I'm waiting for them to reach mass market pricing like the PS2. I do defend Microsoft some more than the others just cuz I'm sick tired of the biased love for Sony in Europe (cept for the UK, they're ok over there) even tho Sony is just as much of money whore as MS. The only one that deserves props for caring about gaming is Nintendo imo.

1.) Sorry dude, RROD STILL occurs, esp considering many of the Christmas units sold might still be original problematic hardware units ;) And of course America loves the 360 :P can you name any young males that don't like violence? :D

2.) BC only really matters to the hardcore, parent's buying it for kids over the holidays 8/10 times don't know or care about that feature.

3.) The Wii's gotten enough publicity on adult brodcasting I don't think any Adult or Child would dissaprove of getting one, unless of course it was my dad buying me one, in which case I'd sell for profit :)

I like how you mention defending Microsoft because of Europe's "mad love" for the PS3, yet I take a look at the American hardware sales and I see that they must hate the poor lil PS3 :(, yeah I know, sounds silly to me too :)

Don't support or hate a company for their sales standings in the rest of the world, please try to keep an open mind. If you want to support MS, do it because you love their product. Personally after dealing with Windows 95-Vista, I'm sick of MS. Untill they fix their buggy garbage, they will see no love from my wallet. And until my 40" Bravia walks the streets beating children with holiday salami, I have no real grudge with Sony.

Anyway back on topic, I see returns being pretty marginal this christmas, not to stab here I easily see it being the highest on MS's console, the things just aren't reliable, RROD, Disk Drives and Console freezes still occur enough so on a regular basis.  

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

@StanGable

First you start with some idiotic numbers, people who spend money on a PS3 know what they are doing.
If people buy an xbox/ps3/wii it is because they or the kids want it.
Then you say something like this:
"I do defend Microsoft some more than the others just cuz I'm sick tired of the biased love for Sony in Europe"
That's the most stupid reason to defend a company like MS.
Possibly you're in your puberty age and everything is stupid because it isn't what you want it to be for some strange reason.
Europeans ( UK are not real Europeans ) are brand-loyal, and it's up to the brand to provide the quality Europeans expect/demand from it. Sony have succeeded to do so. MS did not.

StanGable said:
I'm basing this numbers on a few things

1) 360 main sales come from America and it's pretty obvious that even with the RRoD (which I believe has been fixed a while back, I dunno why people keep brining that topic up) America loves the 360

2)PS3 highest seller is the 40GB and like someone said not EVERYONE specially parents are aware of the lack of BC which I'm sure it's a big seller

3)Wii yes I agree that its pretty high in demand but you never know. A lot of the ebayers put a reserve amount and will not take any less for the item. This is my personal experience. Had I not sold my Wii for the amount I wanted I would've return it to the store. And the fact that the Wii numbers are so high the higher chances of more returns.

And FYI, I'm fanboy of non. I own none of the 3 next gen consoles cuz I don't believe in buying a product when its at its highest cost. I'm waiting for them to reach mass market pricing like the PS2. I do defend Microsoft some more than the others just cuz I'm sick tired of the biased love for Sony in Europe (cept for the UK, they're ok over there) even tho Sony is just as much of money whore as MS. The only one that deserves props for caring about gaming is Nintendo imo.

Lol...to say you like MS & not Sony because you're sick and tired of Europeans liking Sony is stupid.

That's like me saying I hate MS because Americans love it and I'm tired of it outselling Sony in America...

Or that I hate Nintendo because Japan (actually everywhere) loves it so much....

Lol, choose what you love and hate by the quality of the console, its features, and its software...not on sales trends and the preferences of others! 

Anyhow, I've chosen to like all three and am much happier having the best of all three consoles available to me.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!)