By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which title will have be the biggest console seller on 3DS?

Which title will have be the biggest console seller on 3DS?

Super Mario 3DS 147 31.55%

Animal Crossing 3DS 45 9.66%

Mario Kart 3DS 150 32.19%

OoT 3DS 84 18.03%

Kid Icarus 3DS 19 4.08%

Other 21 4.51%

Total:466

Well with everyone talking software for 3DS and how Nintendo is going to use these titles (The big guns) to sell 3DS hardware. I started thinking which of Nintendo's big titles will push hardware sales the most. We all know that software sells hardware and that Nintendo has the best software in the industry. So I'm interested in hearing which software people think will translate into big hardware sales.

I listed the five most powerful Nintendo titles I could think of, other then Kid Icarus the four remaining titles are all huge system sellers. Lets look at Each individual franchise and the capability of the titles to push hardware sales.

Super Mario 3DS

Super Mario 3DS will be a title based on Mario's 3D adventure series. Unlike Paper Mario or New Super Mario Bros , Super Mario Bros 3DS will be a unique title in the 3D realm. The last 3D Mario adventure was Mario Galaxy 2 and according to VGChartz the title has sold over 6.30 million copies with its predecessor Mario Galaxy nearing the ten million mark. Many VGChartz users have said that Super Mario 3DS will be the big turning point for 3DS sales, could it bring hardware sales up more then the other Nintendo titles?

Animal Crossing 3DS

Animal Crossing a franchise that made its North American debut on the GameCube was a suprise multi-million unit hit. Millions of Gamers across the world bought GameCube's and copies of AC so that they could play the revolutionary town sim. On GameCube the debut title sold 2.98 million copies but later on Wii it would break the 4-million mark with City Folk. But perhaps the most impressive title is the 3DS games predecessor Animal Crossing Wild World on Nintendo DS, that title sold an impressive 11.51 million copies. Seeing as Wild World trounced Galaxy and Zelda's last outings could Animal Crossing be the big hardware seller that Nintendo needs to boost 3DS sales?

Mario Kart 3DS

Possibly the most successful Nintendo franchise this generation Mario Kart has taken both the Wii and DS by storm. The franchise regularily breaks the 20-million mark. Mario Kart DS is credited by many as being one of the DS's biggest hardware seller. Mario Kart Wii sold 26.73 million copies making it the most successful Mario Kart title to date, however 3DS is a handheld so maybe we should look at Mario Kart DS's sales of 21.95 million copies. But the question is will Mario Kart 3DS maintain the huge sales of its two predecessors and become the 3DS's biggest hardware seller?

Loz:OoT

In North America and elsewhere around the globe Zelda is huge. LOZ:TP launched the Wii and that system sold millions of units using that title alone. But could the remake of LOZ:OoT bring in as much hardware sales as its Wii counterpart was able to do. Infact LOZ:TP sold according to VGChartz 5.84 million copies resulting likely in at least a million launch sales for Wii. But we are talking more about OoT since it is a remake. The origional game sold over 7-million copies, could the remake mimic its success and lead to hardware sales going through the roof very soon? LOZ will be the first of the titles to launch so I guess we will know shortly how its software sales effected 3DS sales.

Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Uprising is the long awaited sequel to the franchise that appeared to have died during the NES era. During the NES era the origional sold over a million copies which at the time was great. Now this title is the under dog of those I listed but we have seen with other titles that some franchises can be revived to great success. Kid Icarus Uprising was the main game Nintendo showed off at its 3DS press event during E3 last year. Could Kid Icarus push several million hardware units to make it the system seller the 3DS needs to increase its sales?

Other

Alongside these titles are heavy hitters from Nintendo to third parties like UbiSoft and Sega. Sonic for example shifts millions of units on a regular basis does it have what it takes to push 3DS software sales the most. What about Paper Mario or Resident Evil or the countless other 3DS titles that will rock the world in the near future. What title do you think will push hardware sales the most?

I hope everyone enjoyed this thread, I looked back and didn't see a thread like it but I have been absent a few weeks so sorry if a similiar thread was made in the past. What title do you think will be the most influential title is shifting 3DS hardware. Please vote and comment in this thread to have your voice heard. Also think about it, your favorite game may not be the best hardware seller the question is not which game is your favorite rather which game will shift the most 3DS units!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I vote for Mario Kart 3DS. If the option is 2D Super Mario, it's gonna be different though. 

Mario Kart will outperform Mario 3DS. You can count on it.

And both of those games will be the biggest sellers by far.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Mario Kart eaisily

Either of the Mario games but I'm leaning toward Mario Kart. With the success of the DS and Wii versions it will have an even bigger recognition with the casual audience At least 8 million of wii owners are never knew how fun mario kart was before the ds and Wii version.

Now that they know how fun mario kart is they'll be more likely to buy it as one of their first games for 3ds.

Around the Network

Who voted other? I'd be really interested in which other title could be the most effective in pushing hardware sales.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Other:

A title we do not know about right now.

The titles that have the biggest effect on sales are **usually** titles that breakout and bring in a new audience. (ala Pokemon Red/Blue, Nintendogs, Wii sports/fit, Halo, Gran Turismo 1 etc)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Super Mario 3D as the biggest console seller? NO WAY! It's a 3D Mario game and not a 2D Mario game. 

Mario Kart 3D will make the 3DS sell like water in the desert.

A 2D Mario/Pokemon will accelerate sales greatly.

But from those, definitely Mario Kart.

probably Mario Kart