By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which title will have be the biggest console seller on 3DS?

Which title will have be the biggest console seller on 3DS?

Super Mario 3DS 147 31.55%

Animal Crossing 3DS 45 9.66%

Mario Kart 3DS 150 32.19%

OoT 3DS 84 18.03%

Kid Icarus 3DS 19 4.08%

Other 21 4.51%

Total:466

mario kart and mario bros, the rest wont sell that much including Oot

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I voted Mario Kart 3DS, but on second thought, I think the biggest system seller will be Other, AKA Pokemon 3DS.

And another super great system seller (if and when it arrives), though only in Japan, would be MH 3DS.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Brain Age 3DS

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

LovePlus 3DS

Joelcool7 said:

Who voted other? I'd be really interested in which other title could be the most effective in pushing hardware sales.

It depends whether or not this is exclusively announced games. I could understand people voting for Pokemon 3DS whenever one releases.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

LovePlus 3DS

I hope it comes to the west *v*,

jokes aside, I am sure it would sell a lot in the west, I imported the two games and I dont regret...

OT, mario kart probably, but I guess Pokemon & 2d mario (New super mario world, pls), along with the new brain game...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

RolStoppable said:

Super Mario 3DS, it's going to bring in many of the N64/GC crowd.

Mario Kart 3DS has the higher potential for lifetime sales, but Mario Kart DS didn't rocket up the DS either, so it's doubtful that the 3DS entry will create a more notable spike than Super Mario 3DS. Mario Kart is a series that keeps on selling over the system's life, but it's dependent on other games that are more capable of selling the hardware.

OoT is a remake, not a new game, so it's not going to be as big as Super Mario 3DS. Animal Crossing is, just like Nintendogs, one of those games that sell notably more to females. With the high price of the 3DS itself combined with the really lacking lineup from a female perspective the game isn't going to do much when it releases. Kid Icarus is only in the poll, because there's a lack of other announced possibly big games.

Agreed. 

of the choices i'd go with Mario Kart

Super Mario Bros will certainly move some consoles but i feel mario kart will have the greater effect, and pokemon will also move a lot of 3DS' as well

any new software at all, especially any of these classic nintendo titles, will greatly improve sales

themanwithnoname said:
Joelcool7 said:

Who voted other? I'd be really interested in which other title could be the most effective in pushing hardware sales.

It depends whether or not this is exclusively announced games. I could understand people voting for Pokemon 3DS whenever one releases.

Yah the poll was basically talking about announced games. If I included unannounced games the list would go on for ever. I think Pokemon would definatly beat any of the announced titles but who knows when we'll see it. So writing it off which title announced do you think will shift the most hardware?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

RCTjunkie said:

A 2D Mario/Pokemon will accelerate sales greatly.

But from those, definitely Mario Kart.

Agreed, 100%