By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which title will have be the biggest console seller on 3DS?

Which title will have be the biggest console seller on 3DS?

Super Mario 3DS 147 31.55%

Animal Crossing 3DS 45 9.66%

Mario Kart 3DS 150 32.19%

OoT 3DS 84 18.03%

Kid Icarus 3DS 19 4.08%

Other 21 4.51%

Total:466

Mario kart and OoT will definitely push hardware sales. And, like you guys said, the inevitable 3DS exclusive Pokemon game will be huge. They said there wouldn't be a Pokemon Gray, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

3DS | 2363-5694-1881 | lpfisher

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Joelcool7 said:

Who voted other? I'd be really interested in which other title could be the most effective in pushing hardware sales.

It depends whether or not this is exclusively announced games. I could understand people voting for Pokemon 3DS whenever one releases.

Yah the poll was basically talking about announced games. If I included unannounced games the list would go on for ever. I think Pokemon would definatly beat any of the announced titles but who knows when we'll see it. So writing it off which title announced do you think will shift the most hardware?

Probably Mario Kart 3DS. Is that supposed to be out by the end of this year?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

a 3ds pokemon because its obviously sells more then any other of nintendo's mascot

Pokemanic said:

a 3ds pokemon because its obviously sells more then any other of nintendo's mascot

Pokemon currently have 649 mascots. How are you supposed to compare? LOL.

Mario Kart 3DS for me, I think the huge success of the games on the DS and Wii will help bring over gamers from those platforms in both the Hardcore and the casual gamer camps (Kid Icarus and OoT will not bring over the causals, and Animal Crossing will not bring over the hardcore), for Super Mario 3DS, it will simply sell less imo but it is still a bridge title like Mario Kart 3DS

Around the Network

no 648 characters and 1 maskot pikachu and maybe ash ketchum

How about Metal Gear 3D

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

To tell you the truth, as long as it has the word Mario in it, it'll probably sell well.

Check out my blog and Youtube for the latest Nintendo news and reviews!

http://balrogthemaster.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/BalrogTheMaster

Mario Kart. Everyone loves some mario kart. 

I don't think those games will boost 3DS. Casual people don't buy 3DS because the price is high and because the don't  feel the need to upgrade :

1/ they don't see video game as an important leisure (so if their kiddies have already a DS so be it)

2/ adults are progressively switching to Iphone gaming

Therefore, I reckon the biggest chance for 3DS is to appeal to the core gamer part of the initial DS audience. Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, Tales of the Abyss, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, Dead or Alive are the kind of games that could make 3DS rise imo.