By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 essentially confirmed by OPM UK

chocoloco said:
NotStan said:
chocoloco said:
NotStan said:

In quantity it is, rarely few FPS can rival it too. Although I like BC2, I haven't sunk anywhere near as many hours into BC2 as COD - as much as I hate it, they have the winning formulae for competitive multiplayer spot on.

I am not going to buy it myself, because as interesting as I found MW2, after a certain time has passed I got fed up with it, IW has disappointed me in the past too, the only developer of COD series that I liked is Treyarch.

Nice to see a fellow Treyarch fan for once, I am so used to the bashers. MW2 was a booster festival and a campers paradise which booth have been reduced in Black Ops. I even liked WAW more than COD 4 MW. I really do not see anything better about them. It is also funny you say you hate the success as i do too. I even go as far as to never buy the game new. Funny about the ambivelence one can have a game loving to play it, but not loving it too for many reasons.

I don't like it for what it stands for - a milking franchise for Activision, but the product that is developed isn't half bad if you're a fan of FPS. Agreed MW2 was horrendous in terms of balance, it was just impossible to play. In terms of preference COD4 still on top for me, followed by Blops then WAW

Boo. You suck how dare you not agree totally. :P

So is there a reason you have some hate (referencing the bolded part)?

Yeah, I really don't like the balance as the game gets older, shitty glitches like One man Army etc get discovered and people use that to lame their way through the game, my main gripes are with MW2 and what really put me off series for a bit. Although I clocked a fair amount on them now I regret doing so, such an apalling game MW2 was. Never again.

MW on the other hand was perfect, and I can still play it to this day, the spawn points were a bit retarded though, but other than that, it's perfect, it's hard to stack up against it, was my first X360 game and my first online competitive experience too.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

What a suprise. I'm sure noone expected it ;)

[/sarcasm]

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Carl2291 said:
Wagram said:

"Biggest game in the world"

Heh. Definitely not in sales or quality.

How isn't it?

Precisely my thoughts, how many other games predecssor's sold 25m copies in about 6 months?

Munkeh111 said:
Carl2291 said:
Wagram said:

How isn't it?

Precisely my thoughts, how many other games predecssor's sold 25m copies in about 6 months?

Which game did that? Edit: Oh, I see, if you include the Wii and DS versions BO nearly makes that (but not quite).

Anyway, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit for example are all bigger games in terms of units or revenue.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

NotStan said:
Wagram said:

In quantity it is, rarely few FPS can rival it too. Although I like BC2, I haven't sunk anywhere near as many hours into BC2 as COD - as much as I hate it, they have the winning formulae for competitive multiplayer spot on.

I am not going to buy it myself, because as interesting as I found MW2, after a certain time has passed I got fed up with it, IW has disappointed me in the past too, the only developer of COD series that I liked is Treyarch.

Now I Can't argue COD is fun and addicting to a point for some people but that word and COD should never be in the same sentence, You want real competitive multiplayer then you're not going to find it in COD.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network
Chroniczaaa said:
NotStan said:
Wagram said:

Now I Can't argue COD is fun and addicting to a point for some people but that word and COD should never be in the same sentence, You want real competitive multiplayer then you're not going to find it in COD.

i have to disagree on this one,cod is a competitive game and one of the best at it,you just need to know the right people to play with.

anyway i cant wait for this one. IW 4 THE WIN!!! suck it treyarch.

steveht said:
Chroniczaaa said:
NotStan said:
Wagram said:

i have to disagree on this one,cod is a competitive game and one of the best at it,you just need to know the right people to play with.

anyway i cant wait for this one. IW 4 THE WIN!!! suck it treyarch.

One of the best? LOL, not even close and never will be, Modern Warfare 1 on the PC comes close, highy specialized loadouts and talking shit and screaming and terrible balancing (Famas, Ak74u BO, M16 and MP5 MW1? lol) =/= competitive

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Demotruk said:
Munkeh111 said:
Carl2291 said:
Wagram said:

How isn't it?

Which game did that? Edit: Oh, I see, if you include the Wii and DS versions BO nearly makes that (but not quite).

Anyway, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit for example are all bigger games in terms of units or revenue.

Mmm, maybe if you're talking about single iterations (hard to say how much the various CoDs have sold on PC), but in terms of yearly sales and revenue no othehr series of console games even comes close to Call of  Duty for revenue or sales numbers.

Khuutra said:
Mmm, maybe if you're talking about single iterations (hard to say how much the various CoDs have sold on PC), but in terms of yearly sales and revenue no othehr series of console games even comes close to Call of  Duty for revenue or sales numbers.

True, though most of the biggest series are being managed for long term survival (Mario and Pokémon for example), which I certainly don't think is the case with Activision. They may achieve something similar if they had such a release cycle but they choose against it, so who knows.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Khuutra said:

True, though most of the biggest series are being managed for long term survival (Mario and Pokémon for example), which I certainly don't think is the case with Activision. They may achieve something similar if they had such a release cycle but they choose against it, so who knows.

Demotruk said:
Khuutra said:

please... Pokemon and Mario make Call of Duty's milking seem like childs play. This generation there have been 6 different call of duty games. There have been 14 different pokemon games this generation. There have been 24 different mario games this generation. While I don't appreciate call of duty's milking, comparing the franchise to mario and pokemon makes me fear that their current plan will be working for a very long time, complete with countless amounts of remakes and spinoffs.