By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 essentially confirmed by OPM UK

enrageorange said:
Demotruk said:
Khuutra said:
Mmm, maybe if you're talking about single iterations (hard to say how much the various CoDs have sold on PC), but in terms of yearly sales and revenue no othehr series of console games even comes close to Call of  Duty for revenue or sales numbers.

True, though most of the biggest series are being managed for long term survival (Mario and Pokémon for example), which I certainly don't think is the case with Activision. They may achieve something similar if they had such a release cycle but they choose against it, so who knows.

Demotruk said:
Khuutra said:
Mmm, maybe if you're talking about single iterations (hard to say how much the various CoDs have sold on PC), but in terms of yearly sales and revenue no othehr series of console games even comes close to Call of  Duty for revenue or sales numbers.

True, though most of the biggest series are being managed for long term survival (Mario and Pokémon for example), which I certainly don't think is the case with Activision. They may achieve something similar if they had such a release cycle but they choose against it, so who knows.

please... Pokemon and Mario make Call of Duty's milking seem like childs play. This generation there have been 6 different call of duty games. There have been 14 different pokemon games this generation. There have been 24 different mario games this generation. While I don't appreciate call of duty's milking, comparing the franchise to mario and pokemon makes me fear that their current plan will be working for a very long time, complete with countless amounts of remakes and spinoffs.

Nintendo extend their franchises broadly with spin-offs, but they typically put a few years between main series games (and even major spin-offs like Mario Kart). As long as customers don't percieve Pokémon Channel and Mario Sluggers as part of the main series it works out fine.

On the other hand Activision put a main series game of every franchise out every year. Tony Hawks, Guitar Hero and some earlier series suffered this fate. They've managed CoD a little better though by sort of separating Modern Warfare from other CoD somewhat though.

(I also wasn't including those spin-offs, if I did they would certainly outdo Call of Duty as a franchise)

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

I loved Cod4..i still love it...I enjoyed w@w..and I hated MW2. What a mess..I took the game back in a month. Now Black Ops...I get tryearch a lot of credit..they did it right. And zombie mode...just awesome. MW3...i have no interest..Battlefield 3 will be taking me and my friends time.

btw..everyone talked about milking...how likely is it that we'll see a stand alone COD game that is only Zombie mode? Personally I'd love it.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Modern Warfare 3 to NGP confirmed?

Holy Shit, no way...

Prepothtrouth...

BF3 all the way!!

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!