By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FT: Anonymous says Anonymous hacked PSN, despite Anonymous' denial

I hate geeks man. these people really do need to go out and find a girl. honestly if they find it that hard we should start a charity for these biatches called, get the geeks sum pro pro's. every1 put 50 pence each 2wards it and once they get the taste of a woman they might just step away from the stupid macs an linux's and live a normal life.

F'n freaks

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

So they might have done it,right? So does the anonymous group have a leader? Are they all just annoymous and no one can lead?

Financial Times? It's like all these famous publications are getting trolled by 4chan at the same time.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

badgenome said:

Hackers Say Anonymous Likely Responsible For Sony Attacks
by Tom Curtis

May 6, 2011

Another member said, "So it’s Anon’s work. But you can’t blame the whole collective for what one or two guys do."

i bet i can, if i try really hard!

We are LEGION!

Except these two, they are on their own!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Serious_frusting said:

I hate geeks man. these people really do need to go out and find a girl. honestly if they find it that hard we should start a charity for these biatches called, get the geeks sum pro pro's. every1 put 50 pence each 2wards it and once they get the taste of a woman they might just step away from the stupid macs an linux's and live a normal life.

F'n freaks

Why don't you take your own advice Mr. 4500 posts.

Also for someone who spends so much time on the computer, you could at least have basic education: Macs are hardware, linux is an operating system and the polar opposite on the OS spectrum of OSX.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

The thread title is misleading. A couple members doing their own shit on the side does not implicate the "group" as it were. It sure as hell looks bad on them admittedly. Still to blame them is mildly ridiculous. It is like blaming the police force because an off duty cop beats the snot out of someone. Yeah they need to take corrective action, but no you can't really hold it against the police force.

For those interested, there was apparently a second layer to the anonymous business proper. Or at least that is what it seems as there was a file left on the server. Either they were leaving a calling card case they are really dumb (possible) or it was a simple experiment to really fuck people over. My favortie theory was pushing out fake firmware updates to hijack the PS3s.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Well their attack caused me a lot more misfortune than the removal of Other OS so thanks a lot Anonymous.

Remember , remember that you suck.

Gnizmo said:

The thread title is misleading. A couple members doing their own shit on the side does not implicate the "group" as it were. It sure as hell looks bad on them admittedly. Still to blame them is mildly ridiculous. It is like blaming the police force because an off duty cop beats the snot out of someone. Yeah they need to take corrective action, but no you can't really hold it against the police force.

For those interested, there was apparently a second layer to the anonymous business proper. Or at least that is what it seems as there was a file left on the server. Either they were leaving a calling card case they are really dumb (possible) or it was a simple experiment to really fuck people over. My favortie theory was pushing out fake firmware updates to hijack the PS3s.

Nah, I don't think it's at all the same. Anonymous can't both take collective credit for anything its adherents do (say, attacks on Iran) and deny collective blame for anything they do (i.e., this). Their amorphous nature is a double edged sword, one I hope they'll find firmly lodged in their collective anus sooner rather than later.

For what it's worth, the thread title was my take on just how stupid these silly word games are.

badgenome said:
Gnizmo said:

Nah, I don't think it's at all the same. Anonymous can't both take collective credit for anything its adherents do (say, attacks on Iran) and deny collective blame for anything they do (i.e., this). Their amorphous nature is a double edged sword, one I hope they'll find firmly lodged in their collective anus sooner rather than later.

For what it's worth, the thread title was my take on just how stupid these silly word games are.

"Collective" and "Anonymous" do not belong in the same sentence.

If anyone claims to do anything collective regarding anonymous, they're trying to troll you and the media. Apparently they're succeeding too...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

"Collective" and "Anonymous" do not belong in the same sentence.

If anyone claims to do anything collective regarding anonymous, they're trying to troll you and the media. Apparently they're succeeding too...

I understand what you're saying, but these word games are just utter nonsense. Would it be more accurate to refer to them as SonyOps from now on? But wait a tick! Anyone who says they're SonyOps is SonyOps! So we run into the same problem as when we refer to the broader Anonymous.