By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FT: Anonymous says Anonymous hacked PSN, despite Anonymous' denial

Hackers Say Anonymous Likely Responsible For Sony Attacks
by Tom Curtis

May 6, 2011

Two veterans of Anonymous have claimed that members of the infamous hacker group are most likely responsible for the recent Sony security breaches, despite the group's public denials.

Speaking to the Financial Times, one Anonymous member said he saw crucial details about vulnerabilities in Sony's network discussed in one of the group's chatrooms just before the security breach.

The Anonymous veteran said that the perpetrator supports the group's OpSony movement, which previously turned its gaze toward Sony when the company filed lawsuits against hackers George "GeoHot" Hotz and Alexander "Graf_Chokolo" Egorenkov.

Another member said that other individuals could be responsible for the Sony attacks, since public accountability most often falls onto the group itself rather than its specific members.

"If you say you are Anonymous, and do something as Anonymous, then Anonymous did it," the hacker said to the Financial Times. "Just because the rest of Anonymous might not agree with it, doesn’t mean Anonymous didn’t do it."

Another member said, "So it’s Anon’s work. But you can’t blame the whole collective for what one or two guys do."

Earlier this week, Anonymous issued a press release denying its involvement in the Sony security leaks, saying, "We are trying to fight criminal activities by corporations and governments, not steal credit cards."

---

Oh, you wacky anarchists! The full Financial Times article has some interesting info. Supposedly admin accounts were hacked but no personal data was actually stolen.

Around the Network

my head hurts...bunch of kids, they are now in fighting it seems...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

LOL wow remind of those odd future guys....Yea were rebels.

badgenome said:

"If you say you are Anonymous, and do something as Anonymous, then Anonymous did it," the hacker said to the Financial Times. "Just because the rest of Anonymous might not agree with it, doesn’t mean Anonymous didn’t do it."

Another member said, "So it’s Anon’s work. But you can’t blame the whole collective for what one or two guys do."

But another Anonymous member said: “Of course, the ones behind Operation Sony started denying everything when FBI and Homeland security was put on the case ... because they were afraid they were going to get caught ... A few operators disappeared.”

i personally agree with all 3 of the above quotes.

kitler53 said:

But another Anonymous member said: “Of course, the ones behind Operation Sony started denying everything when FBI and Homeland security was put on the case ... because they were afraid they were going to get caught ... A few operators disappeared.”

Yeah, it makes sense. The timing is just too weird.

"Hahaha! You ain't seen nothin' yet! We're gonna do something REALLY big!"

*PSN gets hacked, FBI gets involved*

"T'weren't us, we swears!"

Around the Network

So a guy nobody knows who they are says that some guy who nobody knows who they are hacked the PSN but a guy nobody knows who they are denialing the attack. THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

Don't worry citizens I'll hunt these guys myself like O'J Simpson hunted for the real killer.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

CaptainObvious said:

So a guy nobody knows who they are says that some guy who nobody knows who they are hacked the PSN but a guy nobody knows who they are denialing the attack. THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

Don't worry citizens I'll hunt these guys myself like O'J Simpson hunted for the real killer.

Make sure to punish them well

but don't make it obvious who did it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

How the hell did those guys hack PSN. They have no Idea what there talking about but still be able to hack PSN for over 2 weeks! Damn is hacking psn really that easy.

kitler53 said:
badgenome said:

Spineless. No character.

badgenome said:

Hackers Say Anonymous Likely Responsible For Sony Attacks
by Tom Curtis

May 6, 2011

Two veterans of Anonymous have claimed that members of the infamous hacker group are most likely responsible for the recent Sony security breaches, despite the group's public denials.

.... SNIP ...

Earlier this week, Anonymous issued a press release denying its involvement in the Sony security leaks, saying, "We are trying to fight criminal activities by corporations and governments, not steal credit cards."

--- snip ---

Oh, you wacky anarchists! The full Financial Times article has some interesting info. Supposedly admin accounts were hacked but no personal data was actually stolen.

And there you.  Apparently Anonymous is like an emotionally unstable person with a Twitter account and too much time on their hands.  Individuals in it will say and do things akin to the emotionally unstable person with the Twitter account.  After it is all said and done, the whole of the person regrets what the moment of indiscretion brough on themselves.  I wonder what Superman is like when drunk.  On second thought, I would rather not ponder that.

And then throw law enforcement at the door to, and yep, like the celebrity or athlete called on the carpet by the media for Tweeting something stupid.