By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FT: Anonymous says Anonymous hacked PSN, despite Anonymous' denial

Gnizmo said:
NJ5 said:

Define "attacks Anonymous organizes".

Suppose someone has sympathy towards some of the stuff Anonymous does. He/she attacks a server and leaves a file with Anonymous's slogan. Was the attack organized by Anonymous?

The recent PSN DDoS, the Mastercard attacks, etc. You know the stuff someone releases press info on.I have been pretty clear on this. The exacts would be their highest profile work for this specific example. Anything that would require work to properly execute and not end up spending the next 20 years in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Those DDOS attacks can be easily "organized" by anyone at 4chan... Just post a good-sounding reason why a company deserves to be attacked, a time and a date, and that's all.

So no, I don't think such attacks are necessarily organized by the same "top people".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
JazzyJeez said:
bannedagain said:

All speculation. NOTHING new, vgchartz news that was most likely twisted into what they wanted. Hold up I tried to find the source and it just brings me to another game site, with no source of where that was from. Interesting, Seems this story could all be bullsh-t.

Same could be said about the article about 2.5 mil credit card details up for sale on the black market, and various other rumours taken as fact by the usual members of this site.

yep, I Agree. However the point that there where more sources for some of the info helps.

I see you have dead space on your sig. That game was epic. Love both games. I played non-stop for the first playthrough and about to finish on zealot.  Then to hardcore. I got all the achievements, in your case trophies, accept the zealot and hardcore playthrough. What did you think of the game?

bannedagain said:
JazzyJeez said:
bannedagain said:

All speculation. NOTHING new, vgchartz news that was most likely twisted into what they wanted. Hold up I tried to find the source and it just brings me to another game site, with no source of where that was from. Interesting, Seems this story could all be bullsh-t.

Same could be said about the article about 2.5 mil credit card details up for sale on the black market, and various other rumours taken as fact by the usual members of this site.

yep, I Agree. However the point that there where more sources for some of the info helps.

I see you have dead space on your sig. That game was epic. Love both games. I played non-stop for the first playthrough and about to finish on zealot.  Then to hardcore. I got all the achievements, in your case trophies, accept the zealot and hardcore playthrough. What did you think of the game?

I think they're both equally great games, at a push I'd say the first one was better but thats only because the ideas was fresh and new in the original, shat me self on more than one occasion in the sequel though, doing zealot difficulty atm, struggling a bit in parts but its not ridiculously hard.

Looking forward to the inevitable third part.

JazzyJeez said:
bannedagain said:
JazzyJeez said:
bannedagain said:

I think they're both equally great games, at a push I'd say the first one was better but thats only because the ideas was fresh and new in the original, shat me self on more than one occasion in the sequel though, doing zealot difficulty atm, struggling a bit in parts but its not ridiculously hard.

Looking forward to the inevitable third part.

yea seems that they might keep this game going for a long time. Not sure if you finished it, seems like you did but with what they said at the end, it seems it can go on for ten more if they really wanted to. Make the game after the third installment a out break that goes astray from norm and change up the games enemies and ideas. love the game though. I actually liked the 2nd better than the first. Maybe cause I was so excited about them releasing another one. If you ever get the chance to hit up Alan Wake, do so. That game is awsome as well. Dead Space/ Alan Wake are my to favorite horror stories this gen.  I Played killzone at a buddies because I don't own a ps3 and kinda of have a grudge against Sony but can't say no to a good game. So if you don't own a 360, convince a friend to pick that game up. I played back and forth with a friend on it and it was a blast.

Obviously, there was hundreads, if not thousands, of "anonymous member" trying to harm Sony through hacking and other means.

Around the Network
bannedagain said:

yea seems that they might keep this game going for a long time. Not sure if you finished it, seems like you did but with what they said at the end, it seems it can go on for ten more if they really wanted to. Make the game after the third installment a out break that goes astray from norm and change up the games enemies and ideas. love the game though. I actually liked the 2nd better than the first. Maybe cause I was so excited about them releasing another one. If you ever get the chance to hit up Alan Wake, do so. That game is awsome as well. Dead Space/ Alan Wake are my to favorite horror stories this gen.  I Played killzone at a buddies because I don't own a ps3 and kinda of have a grudge against Sony but can't say no to a good game. So if you don't own a 360, convince a friend to pick that game up. I played back and forth with a friend on it and it was a blast. 

I kinda gathered you had a slight animosity towards Sony I've np with that, I personally don't give a toss about Sony as a company I just prefer their console this gen, last gen it was xbox and gamecube.

I do have a 360, got it for nothing off a friend, its modded but I haven't got any games for it, I'll definately get Alan Wake eventually, looks superb, especially the lighting, I was dissapointed it wasn't the open world horror it was originally going to be though.

JazzyJeez said:
bannedagain said:

I kinda gathered you had a slight animosity towards Sony I've np with that, I personally don't give a toss about Sony as a company I just prefer their console this gen, last gen it was xbox and gamecube.

I do have a 360, got it for nothing off a friend, its modded but I haven't got any games for it, I'll definately get Alan Wake eventually, looks superb, especially the lighting, I was dissapointed it wasn't the open world horror it was originally going to be though.

Had a hole sh-t load of problems with there tv's and the ps2 really killed it for me as well.  Trying to get over it but I'm having a hard time. LOL Some days I'm crabby and get a little over the top.  Never mind that Alan Wake wasn't a open world, the game is still impressive and worth the 20 you can pick it up for. well thats what I got it for at wal-mart. Gears beta is awesome too.

I never had any doubt in my mind it was Anonymous behind the attacks because of the exact reasons the original poster said:  it's not some governed body, it's just a random group of people hacking things.  while one person MAY have done it, it doesn't mean Anonymous as a collective did it.  hell, I doubt most of anonymous wanted anything to do with the original attacks and that, too, was a small group speaking for the collective.  

That's just the way they work.  Anonymous is an idea more than an actual organized group. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android