By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3.....50 million SOLD! Party Time!

A203D said:
V-r0cK said:

Congrats Sony! Even with its higher price and PSN issue people still want it.

One of the best PS3 exclusives for me...

You know i've been thinking about getting this, but IGN gave it a really bad review - is it worth listening to them about this game?

Honestly its a really fun game and litterally so many things to do.  If you never played the previous ones you might be a little confused but not to worry because the game has all the videos that you can watch from the start from Yakuza 1-3.  The story is amazing and ties into the entire series but i wont spoil anything lol.

I never bother listening to IGN reviews anymore, just think of them as another opinion and nothing more.  Yakuza 3 got a better score than Yakuza 4 on IGN but personally i love Yakuza 4 over part 3.  There's one issue in the game where the graphics shows a line extending from your character once a very few while but didnt stop the gameplay or awesomeness of the story lol.

So yea...dont always listen to them lol

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

ps3 ftw !!!

let´s make this e3 the greatest of them all !!! ff 7 exclusive ps3

That is bad ass.

Congrats! Joy to see this this achievement!

Hephaestos said:

can any one of you PS3 doctors tell which model it is from the Xray?

PS3 Console (80GB version, LBP pack)

lol.

xyorickx14 said:

I want one of those

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:

I remember back in 2006 the day before the PS3 would come out  a friend and I decided to camp in front of Walmarts to make sure we got one each (yeah in order to sell them on ebay). Camping on October-November isn't such a great idea in Canada since it's cold already. The girlfriend I had at that time wanted to come with us so we brought her. All Montreal's Walmarts already had campers in fron of the stores and it was only 4 in the after noon so we decided to change city. We went 150km farther to find 1 spot.

My friend and I were depressed so I had the great idea to leave my girlfriend camping alone with the other people in that city (not such a great idea that was... I still hear about it even if we're not together anymore). We went all around the province of Quebec to our despair traveling more that 700km from town to town to being dissapointed everytime... there were campers all over the province. We even encountered other people looking for places but to no success. We ended up in a strip club in a city called Drummondville (what a dirty place that strip club was) and my frien almost had a fight with some fellas over a dance he kind of stole from a stripper, anyway. We continued the search taking pictures here and there of people camping.

In the end we went back to the city my girlfriend was (she was so pissed alone in the cold with gamers all around) we found a convenience store that was still selling alcohol at 4 in the morning (after eleven it's illegal to sell alcohol) after we told our story to the guy... he laughed hard I'm telling you.

Then came the morning, we were the firsts to enter, we got 1 PS3 which was mine (technically it was my girlfriend's) (the other campers got theirs). It was expansive as hell: $699 tx = $781. I tried to sell it on ebay the same day and failed. I ended up selling it for $900 3 weeks later... I was shocked and thought that this would never sell. I sincerely believed that the PS3 would die 1-2 years after it's release.

Now we're almost 5 years later and it's still going. Geat job Sony, congrats.

Funny ass story, mine is pretty good too but in the end I sold it for $1,400 profit. At least you know some people had a happy ending. Still had to win a lottery, race to line with crowds of people multiple times, line up for a staged race made up by Walmart employees for a joke on us crazy bastards. And stay in a layaway section and tire store in that walmart for 36 hours with a friend as shoppers stared at us sleeping on benches or playing games. I also wasn't stupid enough to bring my girlfriend she thought I was crazy. It was a pretty good time I will do it again when the next box or PS4 comes out. Probably keep it this time!

Ldn.se said:

Congrats! Joy to see this this achievement!

That word has been banished in here by CGI. It is a trophy sony will recieve.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Puggsly said:

seriously, read the OP and stay out of this thread

I did read it. I was responding to the post calling it a "success."

In my opinion... its just hanging in there.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Puggsly said:

seriously, read the OP and stay out of this thread

I did read it. I was responding to the post calling it a "success."

In my opinion... its just hanging in there.

that's like the most shocking thing I have heard coming from you...seriously I did not see that one coming

this is a thread for the fans to celebrate

please stay out of the thread, it's not for you and no one will miss your opinons either

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!