By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Developers that Nintendo needs to buy (UPDATED added new devs)

Buzzi said:
menx64 said:
Level 5 and Cing... Cing is not a brainer, and level5 is a very nintendo-kind of company...

How big is Level 5? I think it's becoming a very big company, they are developing many games at the same time, I don't know if Nintendo previously bought so big software houses.

It could be costly I know, level5 is a big japanese company, but after watching the success behind the layton series I think the purchase would be very worthy. After all nintendo is still swimming in money, they should use that money to either fund more internal studios or buy good studios...

Level5 & Horii/armor project -> Nintendo should buy them asap, if not at least try to buy capcom ;)...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

It makes no sense to Nintendo buy their second party studios. These guys are already developing for Nintendo and, thus, there would be little gain. Also, most of the smaller studios doesn't hold many critical IPs that would enrich Nintendo's portfolio. As such, I don't see many acquisitions among those studios, except to cover some areas where Nintendo may think they are lacking or some good opportunity, as one of the studios, pressed by bad financials, become cheap to buy it.

If anything, I would like to see Nintendo purchase Capcom. By owning Moster Hunter they would kill Vita in Japan at launch and they will got dozens of mature IPs that would complement Nintendo's catalogue nicely. Also, they could keep the Capcom brand to distribute that sort of games and thus allow NOA to release those games in America without tainting their family entertaining image they care so much.

Grasshopper Manufacture and Treasure are no-brainers for Nintendo. The others I not too sure about, Rare is a definitely no.

Platinum Games