By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Developers that Nintendo needs to buy (UPDATED added new devs)

Valve

If only to see the collective internet majority explode into a blind rage with loads of poorly-structured damage control and epic meltdowns with lots of misspellings due to fans being unable to see or think through their tears.

Not that I have anything against Valve, but such an event would be the stuff of legends.

Around the Network
Mr. Fister said:

Valve

If only to see the collective internet majority explode into a blind rage with loads of poorly-structured damage control and epic meltdowns with lots of misspellings due to fans being unable to see or think through their tears.

Not that I have anything against Valve, but such an event would be the stuff of legends.

Ha, ha, ha! That'd be so fun to see.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Bleh, I don't want them to buy devs in decline

It'd be sweet if they buy Capcom, but the chances of that are -18.

Whilst all your suggestions are good, it'll never happen. They should have brought Capcom, Square/Enix and fully buy Rare when they had the chance IMO.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Getting Capcom would be awesome.

Around the Network
Sempuukyaku said:

Next Level Games, for sure. I'd love to have NOA move them down to Redmond, and combine them with NST to make a MUCH stronger development studio. It's time to start building NST up to the level that Retro is at right now.

For some reason, I don't think that they are willing to make NST any bigger. If they were, they would have done it by now.

They should buy High Voltage Software and then close it.

LordTheNightKnight said:

Still going with EA. They are hemmoraging money, Nintendo could get loads of new IPs, and Nintendo could keep the expenses in check.

And anyone at the company that doesn't want to work on the Wii would either be a fool in the economy, or just deal with the other systems (but still be brats, as they are putting their wants above the customers and the company).

I've also been made aware that EA are in some financial trouble. but how is this possible they have so many IPs, which sell millions of copies every year. Fifa and Madden alone sell more copies than a lot of games from other studios??

A203D said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Still going with EA. They are hemmoraging money, Nintendo could get loads of new IPs, and Nintendo could keep the expenses in check.

And anyone at the company that doesn't want to work on the Wii would either be a fool in the economy, or just deal with the other systems (but still be brats, as they are putting their wants above the customers and the company).

I've also been made aware that EA are in some financial trouble. but how is this possible they have so many IPs, which sell millions of copies every year. Fifa and Madden alone sell more copies than a lot of games from other studios??

Poor management and bloat. EA needs some sort of buyout, and Nintendo would benefit the most as EA's the furthest from what Nintendo actually does, and EA would benefit most consequently from Nintendo's slimmer style: kill the bloat and keep the meat.

Also it would lead to sweet, sweet fanboy tears if Nintendo ended up owning BioWare (as would come as part of the EA package)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think Nintendo should invest in new studio's instead of buying existing ones.

Nintendo buying SEGA would be awsome though.