By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Developers that Nintendo needs to buy (UPDATED added new devs)

Monster and Headstrong would be good purchases IMO given their work with Nintendo and with 3rd parties on Nintendo platforms.

I also think that Nintendo getting the likes of Tri-Crescendo, Vannilaware and 5th Cell would work as well

Around the Network

Umm... Factor 5? Or whatever's left of 'em.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Phoeniks.Wright said:

I would really like if they bought the rights and dev team of dragon quest. Such great games!

And btw, would also like them to fire Sakamoto, or as the OP suggested, give him his own studio so as to never touch Nintendo series ever again.

Sadly, that's about the only developer I wish Nintendo could buy.  But SE will NEVER give up the rights for Drago nQuest.  Its making more money than Final Fantasy now and practically holding up their company.

I just wish SE would give up the rights for the Chrono Series, now that Nintendo has Monolith.

Also, Seriously people, why the hate for Sakamoto just because of the STORY in one game.  Other M was fine in all ways except the story.  And after this backlash, I'm sure future games will be back to the no story, silent Samus again.  Probably on 3DS.

MrT-Tar said:

Monster and Headstrong would be good purchases IMO given their work with Nintendo and with 3rd parties on Nintendo platforms.

I also think that Nintendo getting the likes of Tri-Crescendo, Vannilaware and 5th Cell would work as well

I don't know if Nintendo buying Vanillaware would be a good idea.  They're one of the better indapendant studios and probably should stay that way.  I'd only accept them getting bought if 1) They get more funding for their games and 2) Nintendo never questions what they do.  But I highly doubt Nintendo would want to buy them, as their games are on the racy side and feature lots of nudity/sexual overtones.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Phoeniks.Wright said:

I would really like if they bought the rights and dev team of dragon quest. Such great games!

And btw, would also like them to fire Sakamoto, or as the OP suggested, give him his own studio so as to never touch Nintendo series ever again.

Sadly, that's about the only developer I wish Nintendo could buy.  But SE will NEVER give up the rights for Drago nQuest.  Its making more money than Final Fantasy now and practically holding up their company.

I just wish SE would give up the rights for the Chrono Series, now that Nintendo has Monolith.

Also, Seriously people, why the hate for Sakamoto just because of the STORY in one game.  Other M was fine in all ways except the story.  And after this backlash, I'm sure future games will be back to the no story, silent Samus again.  Probably on 3DS.

MrT-Tar said:

I don't know if Nintendo buying Vanillaware would be a good idea.  They're one of the better indapendant studios and probably should stay that way.  I'd only accept them getting bought if 1) They get more funding for their games and 2) Nintendo never questions what they do.  But I highly doubt Nintendo would want to buy them, as their games are on the racy side and feature lots of nudity/sexual overtones.

I don't want Sakamoto in his own studio because of Other M, I want him in his own studio because SPD never works on anything good. All of their games are usually niche and nobody cares about them. I would like for Sakamoto to become more like Miyamoto and make a bunch of origional IPs

IamAwsome said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Phoeniks.Wright said:

MrT-Tar said:

I don't want Sakamoto in his own studio because of Other M, I want him in his own studio because SPD never works on anything good. All of their games are usually niche and nobody cares about them. I would like for Sakamoto to become more like Miyamoto and make a bunch of origional IPs

But I love WarioWare, Fire Emblem and Metroid.  I never want him to stop workong on those.....

Sure, his games don't sell 12 million like a Mario game.  But I doubt his games would even if he formed his own studio.  His games appeal to a very specific niche market and all sell about 1-1.5 million.  And that's nothing to shake a stick at.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
JEMC said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
JEMC said:

Buying good developers don't guarantee good games, especially if the top creators/directors of such studios leave.

There are good professionals, talented people everywhere so what Nintendo should do is create new studios from the gound to make games in those genres that they don't have but need in order to succesfully compete: racing sims, Thrid and frist person shooters, among others.

Nintendo would be making the deals with those people, as that would be the point of getting the studios.

Nintendo would be making the deals with the owners of the studios. Not every studio is like Mystwalker, but even then, they can't be sure that the level designers, music composers, etc. leave. 

That's the main reason why buying studios is not a good investment, you can end the the bosses and the "workers", but loose the people between the two groups, the perople that can turn a good/great developer shine or become just another studio.

Well Nintendo should make sure the deal makes those people happy as well. At least I would.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Boutros said:

They should buy High Voltage Software and then close it.

LOL you're mean!

I have only one thing to say about Nintendo buying EA:

Make it so!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Mr Khan said:

Also it would lead to sweet, sweet fanboy tears if Nintendo ended up owning BioWare (as would come as part of the EA package)

That would be just awful if Bioware were to develop on console only. Awful.

Awful.

I'm only assuming that they would be console only if that were to happen.

On another note - Does Nintendo buy many companies? I was under the impression that most of their studios had been built from the ground up. Hell, they're pretty robust already; ably supplying two conoles each generation.

pearljammer said:
Mr Khan said:

Also it would lead to sweet, sweet fanboy tears if Nintendo ended up owning BioWare (as would come as part of the EA package)

That would be just awful if Bioware were to develop on console only. Awful.

Awful.

I'm only assuming that they would be console only if that were to happen.

On another note - Does Nintendo buy many companies? I was under the impression that most of their studios had been built from the ground up. Hell, they're pretty robust already; ably supplying two conoles each generation.

Nintendo doesn't make just one system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs