By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

Michael-5 said:
Squilliam said:

Well im not actually that fussed either way. Im kinda bored of both Sony and Microsofts 'awesome list of exclusives'. It's pretty much the same as always, Sony gives me 4-5 rentals and Microsoft sells me a game a year on average with 2-3 on PC.

Also everything is a sequel now, no more large scale new IP's. Only new IP's left are The Last Guardian, Project Kingdoms, and a few franchise reboots like Twisted Metal, Mech Warrior, Panzer Dragoon, and Steel Batallion.

Even MP titles are sequals.

Yeah pretty much... I don't really think im missing much if I wait for a discount as they're just extensions of games I've already played.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Michael-5 said:
Squilliam said:

Well im not actually that fussed either way. Im kinda bored of both Sony and Microsofts 'awesome list of exclusives'. It's pretty much the same as always, Sony gives me 4-5 rentals and Microsoft sells me a game a year on average with 2-3 on PC.

Also everything is a sequel now, no more large scale new IP's. Only new IP's left are The Last Guardian, Project Kingdoms, and a few franchise reboots like Twisted Metal, Mech Warrior, Panzer Dragoon, and Steel Batallion.

Even MP titles are sequals.

Yeah pretty much... I don't really think im missing much if I wait for a discount as they're just extensions of games I've already played.

I know what you mean, I generally wait up to a year for a games price to drop. Save a lot of money that way. However some games you just want to buy the second they are available (Mass effect 3, Gears 3, Uncharted 3, etc). Otherwise your friends spoil the plot.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Jazz2K said:

I get what Michael-5 is trying to say. People on this site act like the PS3 exclusives are what everybody want or should want. The reality is different though. A lot of people care only for multi like Assassin's Creed, COD, GTA etc. To a lot of people exclusives are no better that multiplat games so why would they care if a game is exclusive? It's not better because it's exclusive, at least if it was the case most of those PS3 exclusives you're all talking about would sell much better. The same can be said for 360, just because Alan Wake is exclusive doesn't make it a game everyone wants.

Switching conssole is meaningless unless you want almost exclusively exclusives from another console but this is mainly a forum posters wish. I would also understand, in the current situation, if you mainly play online maybe switching to a console that actualy offers online play would be a good idea.

Kind of. Actually I was just looking at games for fall 2011. For the rest of 2011 PS3 only has 3 big games, Uncharted 2, InFamous 2 and Resistance 3. There are titles like Twisted Metal and ICO Collection also coming out, but if people can ignore 360's pretty cool Kinect Line up (Panzer Dragoon and Steel Batallion are pretty cool, I'm sorry), and Last Templar, why should people no ignore the more modest PS3 games?

For Fall 2011, the 360 and PS3 lineup looks about the same. Gears 3 and Forza 4 are the only 5 million plus blockbuster titles on the 360 lineup, but games like Project Dragon, Rise of Nightmares, and Steel Batallion do populate that list. I already mentioned the PS3 lineup.

After the exclusive lineup, there is a rumored Assassin's Creed 3, Batman: Arkham City, Elder Scrolls V, Dark Souls, Dead Island, Dues Ex, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid Rising, and a new Call of duty game.

Yes for 2011 PS3 has more games overall, but the fall lineup isn't much different. Also remember, fall 2010 PS3 only had GT5 as an exclusive. Besides there is strong rumors for a Halo Remake, and MS tends to announce games very late into development. It's very likely they announce something this E3 that releases this fall. If that's the case, the exclusive lineup is the same.

So the point is, for upcoming games, switching consoles is meaningless.

If were going to look at games in the past, 360 and PS3 are also about the same. Remember how few games released for the PS3 prior to 2009? Did everyone forget that? So still, switching consoles is meaningless, if it's for the games.

I think a more relevant question for this thread is "PS3 users, are you thinking of switching away from a Sony based console next gen?"

The PS3 and the 360 are no longer equal when it comes to libraries.The PS3 passed the 360 in exclusives and accumilated scores of exclusives in 2010. 

Stop narrowing down the PS3's big exclusive list 2011 is still 2011. There are twenty notable exclusives this year not counting E3. The kinect titles are not modest, they are casual. There is nothing that screams modest about Twisted Metal....that game is literally in terms of anticipation on the hot AAA list. Out of those twenty which are split between the "modest", Move titles and AAA, Uncharted 3, KZ3, LBP2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, InFamous 2, TLG. The "modest games" are still amazing and so are the Move titles. All twenty of the exclusives (including two more coming at E3) and Tales of Graces being added to the list are going to be amazing.

By the way the Sotc/ico collection is by no means "modest" It is a classic franchise which imho every gamer should play at least once. There are many reasons why they remade it besides to increase demand for The Last Guardian.

Had to edit, computer is wigging out.

Michael-5 said:
Squilliam said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Squilliam said:

All I can say is that fanatics will be fanatics. Anyway would I switch from the PS3 to an Xbox 360? If I had just PS3 that would be stupid and if I had just an Xbox 360 the switch would be stupid too. Neither really offers enough USP to really justify owning a 2nd for anyone who fits within the normal distribution of console owners.

Unless a 360 only owner really, really likes Gears 3 and Forza three, it's not just a risky decision to trade in the systems and get a PS3 for the games coming out this year.

Sure if there were two games coming out on the Xbox 360 and however many games coming out on the PS3 that might be the case. Unfortunately there are a couple of dozen great multiplatform games coming too and that kinda waters down the Sony exclusive lineup given most people would be hard pressed to buy more than 2-3 games in a year.

1)People critisize 360 for having only 2 games announced this fall (so far), but what does Sony have? Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and InFamous 2? Wow big difference, one late announced game at E3 will even that out, and Halo is strongly rumored.

1) you seem to be forgetting twisted Metal, and all the other (5 plus) games that ALREADY came out this year only for playstation.

2)And what about the Kinect Games? Rise of Nightmares, Heavy Fire, Project Draco, Steel Batallion, and don't forget Seseme Street. I'm not sure about you, but I think a lot of people on this website could improve their grammer. Seseme Street may just be the most difficult game yet (I'm just joking). Seriously though, if Project Dragon becomes the next Panzer Dragoon, how sick would that be? It's being developed by the same people after all. Let's not ignore Kinect shall we

Yes I'm aware the Move has games too, but much much Less. Heros on the Move, Sorcery, and what else?

2) so youre counting no release date, little to no information about it, little to no gameplay shown, Kinect games. but not counting the Move games that fit the same discription. not to mention that kinect only games and move only games shouldnt even come remotely close at all to being spoken in the same breath as the "core" games for ps3 and xbox.

3)BTW How big are those PS3 franchises? InFamous 1 is sub 2 million, Resistance 2 barely crosses 2 million, and Uncharted 2, the only big title, is about 5 million. Combined, these three games sold <10 million units, and their successors will likely sell about 10 million combined. Gears 2 and Forza 3 combine to sell about 11 million, and their successors will sell more. So really is the 360 missing anything? No.

3) InFAMOUS is not a sub 2 million seller. its already at 1.95 million it will be at 2 million by the time infamous 2 releases. at will then surpase it, also inFAMOUS 2 will be much bigger.

resistance 2 sold a lot more than 2 million, it currrently sits at 2.15, and R3 will be bigger.

UC2 is still selling a ton, and will get 5.5 million plus sales life time.

4) P.S. I know I skipped Twisted Metal. If people can ignore even a single Kinect game, why can't I start ignoring a game which was originally planned to be an Arcade title?

because jaffy decided he loved the game, and wanted to make it huge, full fledged game. its also being released in a prime time slot, poised for a large launch. its a big budget title, that is no comparison to kinect titles.

wow is this a joke post, so much bias.

edit: forza is not a 5 million seller. it would barely reach 2 million if it werent for tons and tons of bundles

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Michael-5 said:
Jazz2K said:

I get what Michael-5 is trying to say. People on this site act like the PS3 exclusives are what everybody want or should want. The reality is different though. A lot of people care only for multi like Assassin's Creed, COD, GTA etc. To a lot of people exclusives are no better that multiplat games so why would they care if a game is exclusive? It's not better because it's exclusive, at least if it was the case most of those PS3 exclusives you're all talking about would sell much better. The same can be said for 360, just because Alan Wake is exclusive doesn't make it a game everyone wants.

Switching conssole is meaningless unless you want almost exclusively exclusives from another console but this is mainly a forum posters wish. I would also understand, in the current situation, if you mainly play online maybe switching to a console that actualy offers online play would be a good idea.

Kind of. Actually I was just looking at games for fall 2011. For the rest of 2011 PS3 only has 3 big games, Uncharted 2, InFamous 2 and Resistance 3. There are titles like Twisted Metal and ICO Collection also coming out, but if people can ignore 360's pretty cool Kinect Line up (Panzer Dragoon and Steel Batallion are pretty cool, I'm sorry), and Last Templar, why should people no ignore the more modest PS3 games?

For Fall 2011, the 360 and PS3 lineup looks about the same. Gears 3 and Forza 4 are the only 5 million plus blockbuster titles on the 360 lineup, but games like Project Dragon, Rise of Nightmares, and Steel Batallion do populate that list. I already mentioned the PS3 lineup.

After the exclusive lineup, there is a rumored Assassin's Creed 3, Batman: Arkham City, Elder Scrolls V, Dark Souls, Dead Island, Dues Ex, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid Rising, and a new Call of duty game.

Yes for 2011 PS3 has more games overall, but the fall lineup isn't much different. Also remember, fall 2010 PS3 only had GT5 as an exclusive. Besides there is strong rumors for a Halo Remake, and MS tends to announce games very late into development. It's very likely they announce something this E3 that releases this fall. If that's the case, the exclusive lineup is the same.

So the point is, for upcoming games, switching consoles is meaningless.

If were going to look at games in the past, 360 and PS3 are also about the same. Remember how few games released for the PS3 prior to 2009? Did everyone forget that? So still, switching consoles is meaningless, if it's for the games.

I think a more relevant question for this thread is "PS3 users, are you thinking of switching away from a Sony based console next gen?"

The PS3 and the 360 are no longer equal when it comes to libraries.The PS3 passed the 360 in exclusives and accumilated scores of exclusives in 2010. 

Stop narrowing down the PS3's big exclusive list 2011 is still 2011. There are twenty notable exclusives this year not counting E3. The kinect titles are not modest, they are casual. There is nothing that screams modest about Twisted Metal....that game is literally in terms of anticipation on the hot AAA list. Out of those twenty which are split between the "modest", Move titles and AAA, Uncharted 3, KZ3, LBP2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, InFamous 2, TLG. The "modest games" are still amazing and so are the Move titles. All twenty of the exclusives (including two more coming at E3) and Tales of Graces being added to the list are going to be amazing.

By the way the Sotc/ico collection is by no means "modest" It is a classic franchise which imho every gamer should play at least once. There are many reasons why they remade it besides to increase demand for The Last Guardian.

Forza 3 didn't make 2 million without bundles so what are you talking about. It's first month in U.S. was 175k compared to Uncharted 2's 597k. And Uncharted 2 went on to over 4 million.

So... really? You act like PS3 games are what everyone wants but dismiss 360 games? It's not like Twisted Metal is one hell of a game, I'd rather have Dance Central 2 over most of the exclusive of the PS3 this ear except for Uncharted 3... see yes I'd rather have a Kinect game, so what? Stop being ridiculous, there are good games on 360 too and the exclusives appeal to each group.

I still think both almost equal each other... the 20 or so PS3 exclusives this year are not that impressive imo... Uncharted 3 will rule them all the rest will go to multiplatforms.

Edit: I was replying to osamanobama

Jazz2K said:

So... really? You act like PS3 games are what everyone wants but dismiss 360 games? It's not like Twisted Metal is one hell of a game, I'd rather have Dance Central 2 over most of the exclusive of the PS3 this ear except for Uncharted 3... see yes I'd rather have a Kinect game, so what? Stop being ridiculous, there are good games on 360 too and the exclusives appeal to each group.

I still think both almost equal each other... the 20 or so PS3 exclusives this year are not that impressive imo... Uncharted 3 will rule them all the rest will go to multiplatforms.

you cant compare the ps3's massive lineup of big budget AAA exclusives

to mush smaller scoped, budget, casual Kinect games. you just cant. (not to mention there is not even a rumor of DC2 this year)

and so far the reviews speak for themselves, as they will continue to do.

you may like the KInect games more, thats fine (even though you havent/wont play most/all of the ps3 games) thats you proagative, but you cant seriously compare and call equal in terms of quality and quantity the ps3 and xbox exclusive titles this years.

and lets not forget im leaving out move only exclusive titles too.

osamanobama said:
Jazz2K said:

you cant compare the ps3's massive lineup of big budget AAA exclusives

to mush smaller scoped, budget, casual Kinect games. you just cant. (not to mention there is not even a rumor of DC2 this year)

and so far the reviews speak for themselves, as they will continue to do.

you may like the KInect games more, thats fine (even though you havent/wont play most/all of the ps3 games) thats you proagative, but you cant seriously compare and call equal in terms of quality and quantity the ps3 and xbox exclusive titles this years.

and lets not forget im leaving out move only exclusive titles too.

What is an AAA exclusive? A game that got over 90 on metacritic? Like GT5 and Killzone 3, right?

And anyway, i really think that most of that so called AAA games are ugly and i wouldn't like them a single bit. I rather play right now Bangai-O on XBLA than have to wait for Twisted Metal. A series that never got my interest on the PS1 or PS2 era. And what about Resistance 3, or KZ3? Hey bud, on the Xbox 360 we have Halo and Gears of War and whatnot (i don't even know lol), do you really want me to turn some kind of jellyfish because i can't play more of the same that i already have on Xbox? Uh really dude.

So, to answer this thread, no, i will not trade my Xbox 360 for a PS...oh crap, almost got fooled by this change of topic.

My how sour this thread has become. Lets add fuel to the fire.

Forza 2 was massively bundled. And people will mention in a heartbeat that halo 3, halo 3 odst, fable 2, and forza 3 have been bundled, yet people ignore the fact that littlebigplanet, uncharted 1, and GT5 prologue have all been very heavily bundled for a number of years as well. Infact the only big ps3 exclusive that hasn't gotten heavily bundled over at least one holiday season is gt5 and the ones that have come out this year. 

Most ps3 exclusives are indeed heavily overhyped. It just gets old listening to the ps3 fanboys preach about how many great game are coming out this year, and then they will end up getting one or two of them and the next call of duty for the year. My apologies to those who are actually getting a large chunk of this year's exclusives. For me personally this year has mostly terrible exclusives for both consoles, though thankfully the multiplatforms make up for it.

I have both consoles, but if I only had a ps3, psn being down wouldn't be too big of a problem for me, since I've rarely been playing online on either console lately. My only freaking problem is I bought portal 2 for the ps3 instead of for the pc only so I have the option to play local coop if I have a friend over. Because of the psn issues, I can't connect my psn account to steam, so I can't play on the pc version(prefer mouse/keyboard to the ps3 controller)