By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Snesboy finally has a real computer.

2.6ghz and 5750 =/= real computer.

Around the Network
Antabus said:

2.6ghz and 5750 =/= real computer.

If you weren't such a troll, I might believe you. But what should I expect from someone that buys 3rd party videogame controllers? And a Radeon HD 5750 is a great graphics card, especially with a gig of dedicated memory. So until you actually have a well thought out post to share with us, I kindly ask you to be quiet.

Snesboy said:
V-r0cK said:

May i kno the cost of this new beast of yours?

706.91 USD including shipping.

Thats hell of a good deal. =P

Any future upgrades you're thinking about? Some tinkering perhaps?

My suggestions would be a good aftermarket CPU heatsink and overclock it.

That CPU is great but there are some older applications which can only use single core, or dual core. You have to overclock your CPU to about 3.4 ghz to get a playable frame rate in Dolphin Wii emulator cause it only uses 2 cores of any CPU. FEAR videogame is single core only...etc

Then I would save up money and get a solid strate boot drive.

Is your mobo capable of crossfire setups?

Could you please post your impressions of Portal 2's graphics?

EDIT: I know the graphics in the game don't matter, but I was amazed to see how dated it looked on PS3 and even more surprised that no-one emphasized it. Some PC reviews I read gave the game 9/10 for graphics so obviously I am curious about how it looks on PC.

Around the Network

NaniKoreWa#231 add me up

You better save up so we can visit each other, you douche. <3

Also, save up so you can go visit Trashleg with me this summer ;P

Dr.Grass said:

Could you please post your impressions of Portal 2's graphics?

EDIT: I know the graphics in the game don't matter, but I was amazed to see how dated it looked on PS3 and even more surprised that no-one emphasized it. Some PC reviews I read gave the game 9/10 for graphics so obviously I am curious about how it looks on PC.

Looks dated on PC too. But it really doesn't matter...

Should get high marks for graphics cause it can run flawlessly on rediculously low specs. Even a 5750 should be able to run Portal 2...

:P

yeah that GPU looks a bit weird in comparison to your other stuff.

I've got a 4890HD and it does a really good job, but anything at the level of Crysis or in the future Rage and so on will be hard on max settings.

The HD 5750 is a fine GPU if you don't want to run games at very high resolutions.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957