By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lots of bashing for the belief of God....

Scoobes said:

This is getting quite long so I'll keep this short. You seem to have missed my point. An atheist doesn't have to believe that space, energy and matter must have always existed. He simply says, "Don't know that yet.... lets try and find out". That's the point I'm trying to get across. You say they must have always existed or their was a designer. An atheist (well, scientist) will see it as a gap in our knowledge waiting to be filled instead of jumping the gun with no actual evidence.

Plus, the concepts of space, time and energy are measurable. The concept of a creator isn't something we can measure or observe or even infer from effects.

And the question I answered, nucleic acids came from organic molecules combining in early Earth conditions (mixtures of methane, hydrogen, ammonia etc. with lightning as a catalyst). There are a few theories and papers as to how they came about that go into far more detail.

Im sure I sound like a broken record by now, but you are also missing my point.  What you just said here:

An atheist doesn't have to believe that space, energy and matter must have always existed. He simply says, "Don't know that yet.... lets try and find out". That's the point I'm trying to get across.

I dont mean to burst the bubble but you have just proven my point, that atheism is based on faith. If atheism was indeed the same thing as science as you say then nothing would be existing right now. Science will continually study to find the origin of the universe. When you go down the road of atheism you come to a dead end that cannot be explained by science alone. Therefore atheism is based on faith. To believe otherwise is being blind. the people on this post that are arguing against theism are saying that theism is based on faith, and atheism is based on science. Simply not true. Both are indeed based on faith. Scientists will never discover matter that has no beginning or time table upon it. All matter has a beginning.

In conclusion you also did not understand my point. If I were to ask you or a scientist, Where did intelligence come from? what gave us the ability to have intelligence? The entire realm of intelligence cannot be created by matter, time, space, or something that is equal to nothing.

Atheism: In the beginning there was "something" (based on faith). Theism: In the beginning there was God (based on faith).

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
Hynad said:
vlad321 said:
Hynad said:

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

You obviously failed at reading comprehension because you seem to have failed at reading several comments I have made, which say that exact phrase.

Yet you keep on pretending you know better than most here, even though you have proven time and time again that you don't even understand the scientific concepts that you bring forth.

You're in here only to antagonize people who don't see eye to eye with you, and impose your views on everyone else. It's petty. With the likes of you, there can be no constructive discussions about anything. You're trying to force your views into others, and even rely on directly insulting them. You may think that people have failed at reading comprehension, but if I stick to your own way of calling things you sure failed at every single social skill exams you took.

You don't even know what you want to get or give out of this "discussion" you're in right now. That's quite sad.

Yes I know better because I know what is currently a scietific fact and what isn't. It is not my fault restres seems to have no idea what the hell he is talking about.

Thae particular posts which you failed to understand are the ones wher I outline why atheists are just as wrong as any religion, solely because there is so much shit we don't know about. In fact religious people PERFECTLY fulfill the first part of your quote, because they know utterly jack shit. IN fact any belief is such. The wise man will realize there is no reason to believe in one belief over another because we know jack shit, no reason to believe in Jesus over unicorns. Funny thing is that by me saying that, I completely fulfill the second part of your quote, thus in your very own words I know better than you. You probably wouldn't have used that quote if you hadn't failed at reading though.

I wasn't aware there was a social test but if me getting smashed until 4am last night (right before a final too, really dumb of me I know) is a failure of it, then I wonder wehre you stand. Admittedly, none of my buddies are particularly religious.

That was intertaining to say the least!  I love the contradition at the end of the second paragraph! I do wonder where and when I said that you know better, or less than I do.  Hum... How the ego can be its own worse enemy. :D

It's also pretty interesting that you didn't address the part of my comment that pointed out how you don't even know why you're in this thread arguing over things you know jack shit about. ^_-

Hynad said:
vlad321 said:
Hynad said:
vlad321 said:
Hynad said:

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

You obviously failed at reading comprehension because you seem to have failed at reading several comments I have made, which say that exact phrase.

Yet you keep on pretending you know better than most here, even though you have proven time and time again that you don't even understand the scientific concepts that you bring forth.

You're in here only to antagonize people who don't see eye to eye with you, and impose your views on everyone else. It's petty. With the likes of you, there can be no constructive discussions about anything. You're trying to force your views into others, and even rely on directly insulting them. You may think that people have failed at reading comprehension, but if I stick to your own way of calling things you sure failed at every single social skill exams you took.

You don't even know what you want to get or give out of this "discussion" you're in right now. That's quite sad.

Yes I know better because I know what is currently a scietific fact and what isn't. It is not my fault restres seems to have no idea what the hell he is talking about.

Thae particular posts which you failed to understand are the ones wher I outline why atheists are just as wrong as any religion, solely because there is so much shit we don't know about. In fact religious people PERFECTLY fulfill the first part of your quote, because they know utterly jack shit. IN fact any belief is such. The wise man will realize there is no reason to believe in one belief over another because we know jack shit, no reason to believe in Jesus over unicorns. Funny thing is that by me saying that, I completely fulfill the second part of your quote, thus in your very own words I know better than you. You probably wouldn't have used that quote if you hadn't failed at reading though.

I wasn't aware there was a social test but if me getting smashed until 4am last night (right before a final too, really dumb of me I know) is a failure of it, then I wonder wehre you stand. Admittedly, none of my buddies are particularly religious.

That was intertaining to say the least!  I love the contradition at the end of the second paragraph! I do wonder where and when I said that you know better, or less than I do.  Hum... How the ego can be its own worse enemy. :D

It's also pretty interesting that you didn't address the part of my comment that pointed out how you don't even know why you're in this thread arguing over things you know jack shit about. ^_-

Do enlighten me on the contradiction, because I am still not seeing it. I know better than people eith beliefs because I know we don't know shit? I really hope that is not what you are hinting at.

I know why I am in this thread. It's finals week and I need to be entertained while doing my studies so I can remain sane.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:

No. Just no. What I have done is PERFECTLY valid, because everything I have done is on your rules of spirituality, your rules of how I need to close my eyes and "feel" what's out there. The whole point of my argument is that what I made up is EXACTLY like what you believe in, yet completely different.

I also told you that there is PLENTY of empirical evidence that someone back in those days woudl cheat and lie, and how there is empirical evidence women just don't get pregnant by themselves. So you are wrong here, too. I know the whole story, and the part you have that you say is missing I am not, faith says CB is flawless, so even spiritually I have "evidence" in my corner.

FInally let me put it this way. The only way you can stop being insulting is by stoppping to imply that Mary is a virgin, meaning you have to stop saying you are on the right path. The opposite is true for you not to be insulted by me, obviously.

Lastly, that last part you quoted is kind of absolutely hilarious. They wanted to stone Magdelene for a laughably unsuitable crime. I wonder whether he would have said the same thing had they just sentened her to be called a whore by everyone around. What woudl Jesus have said? "Let those who have not whored throw the first word?"

Actually no you haven`t. You may have all the pieces together but that just doesn`t cut it. You made up a system when others haven`t; you made up a system solely to end all critics to your points of view and Christianity doesn`t do that. You even created something that exists to end free speech - or that part just applies to others and not you? Not even remotely the same.

"there is empirical evidence women just don't get pregnant by themselves" Did you achieve complete knowledge by now? If i recall, reality is always the same, but theories change, so your knowledge doesn`t allow you to say that in no way Mary couldn`t have been impregnated by the Holy Spirit. More, don`t confuse what you don`t believe in with no proof to be so, since you really can`t say that it isn`t.
So you don`t believe in the Bible as a whole but when it comes to backing a statement, then usable as proof to something. If you don`t believe then you should had as much as consideration for one thing, as for another.
Are you forgetting that the same kind of tricks you use anyone could use back at you. If someone would come here and say that any word you write or speak is an offense, what would you do? If you replied you would already be insulting.
But that kind of action is just absurd and dishonest.
Don`t treat the "if" like it`s a "is".

No, "He who has no sins, may he cast (at her) the first stone." still applies. Don´t condemn the sinner, just the sin.

Honestly, do you really think you will achieve something of this "make up" position you have put yourself into?

DélioPT said:
vlad321 said:

No. Just no. What I have done is PERFECTLY valid, because everything I have done is on your rules of spirituality, your rules of how I need to close my eyes and "feel" what's out there. The whole point of my argument is that what I made up is EXACTLY like what you believe in, yet completely different.

I also told you that there is PLENTY of empirical evidence that someone back in those days woudl cheat and lie, and how there is empirical evidence women just don't get pregnant by themselves. So you are wrong here, too. I know the whole story, and the part you have that you say is missing I am not, faith says CB is flawless, so even spiritually I have "evidence" in my corner.

FInally let me put it this way. The only way you can stop being insulting is by stoppping to imply that Mary is a virgin, meaning you have to stop saying you are on the right path. The opposite is true for you not to be insulted by me, obviously.

Lastly, that last part you quoted is kind of absolutely hilarious. They wanted to stone Magdelene for a laughably unsuitable crime. I wonder whether he would have said the same thing had they just sentened her to be called a whore by everyone around. What woudl Jesus have said? "Let those who have not whored throw the first word?"

Actually no you haven`t. You may have all the pieces together but that just doesn`t cut it. You made up a system when others haven`t; you made up a system solely to end all critics to your points of view and Christianity doesn`t do that. You even created something that exists to end free speech - or that part just applies to others and not you? Not even remotely the same.

"there is empirical evidence women just don't get pregnant by themselves" Did you achieve complete knowledge by now? If i recall, reality is always the same, but theories change, so your knowledge doesn`t allow you to say that in no way Mary couldn`t have been impregnated by the Holy Spirit. More, don`t confuse what you don`t believe in with no proof to be so, since you really can`t say that it isn`t.
So you don`t believe in the Bible as a whole but when it comes to backing a statement, then usable as proof to something. If you don`t believe then you should had as much as consideration for one thing, as for another.
Are you forgetting that the same kind of tricks you use anyone could use back at you. If someone would come here and say that any word you write or speak is an offense, what would you do? If you replied you would already be insulting.

No, "He who has no sins, may he cast (at her) the first stone." still applies. Don´t condemn the sinner, just the sin.

Honestly, do you really think you will achieve something of this "make up" position you have put yourself into?

The only problem with a made up system is if its method of construction method is the same te same. My belief is no more made up than your belief. If mine is made up so is yours, if yours is not then mine isn't either. That's just how it works, unless you have more concrete evidence in your beliefs. 

I don't think you realize that absolutely anything you say against my belief can be used against yours. Anything, literally anything, including the whole insults part. The problem arises from the fact that my believes thinks yours are insulting, and vice versa.

Honestly, do you really think you will achieve something of this "christianity" position you have put yourself into?

P.S. Maybe if I give my belief a name it would be more valid.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
DélioPT said:
vlad321 said:

The only problem with a made up system is if its method of construction method is the same te same. My belief is no more made up than your belief. If mine is made up so is yours, if yours is not then mine isn't either. That's just how it works, unless you have more concrete evidence in your beliefs. 

I don't think you realize that absolutely anything you say against my belief can be used against yours. Anything, literally anything, including the whole insults part. The problem arises from the fact that my believes thinks yours are insulting, and vice versa.

Honestly, do you really think you will achieve something of this "christianity" position you have put yourself into?

Thing is you said it yourself it`s made up. About other religions, you can`t prove it is made up. That`s the difference you created all by yourself.
The belief you say you have, you also say it`s made up, as in, not true. Others don`t say that because they don`t feel it is true, in fact they feel something, while you sincerely don`t.

"Honestly, do you really think you will achieve something of this "christianity" position you have put yourself into?"
You can`t prove it, can you? But you are proof of your made ups, so to speak.

"I don't think you realize that absolutely anything you say against my belief can be used against yours. Anything, literally anything, including the whole insults part. The problem arises from the fact that my believes thinks yours are insulting, and vice versa."
That was my point. And you get what of this, that it`s ok to be the way you want?

If you keep this attitude there`s really no point of continuing the conversation because you will keep making up things just for the sake of it. Why you do this is beyond reason.

DélioPT said:
vlad321 said:
DélioPT said:
vlad321 said:

Thing is you said it yourself it`s made up. About other religions, you can`t prove it is made up. That`s the difference you created all by yourself.
The belief you say you have, you also say it`s made up, as in, not true. Others don`t say that because they don`t feel it is true, in fact they feel something, while you sincerely don`t.

"Honestly, do you really think you will achieve something of this "christianity" position you have put yourself into?"
You can`t prove it, can you? But you are proof of your made ups, so to speak.

"I don't think you realize that absolutely anything you say against my belief can be used against yours. Anything, literally anything, including the whole insults part. The problem arises from the fact that my believes thinks yours are insulting, and vice versa."
That was my point. And you get what of this, that it`s ok to be the way you want?

If you keep this attitude there`s really no point of continuing the conversation because you will keep making up things just for the sake of it. Why you do this is beyond reason.

Thing is, you can't prove mine is made up either. What do you know? It could be true. So now validity comes down to the number of people who created the belief? Well I can fix that too, let me call up a few buddies and they can call a few of their won and I can get several dozens of people to come up with a belief. Will that make it any less made up?

What I get from this is that your belief is no more correct than what I made up in the span of 30 seconds. I basically trivialized your belief to nothingness.

DélioPT said:

That's true, the universe is a strange place and I can conceive, no pun intended, of another idea of how it could happen.  What if Mary was a hermaphrodite with functional male and female parts?  Then she impregnated herself somehow, but naturally it would never occur to her that this was possible since she considered herself a woman and lived in an ignorant time.  Thus:  "It's a miracle from God!" 

Of course, it's probably much more likely that she got raped in her sleep or something. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

vlad321 said:

Thing is, you can't prove mine is made up either. What do you know? It could be true. So now validity comes down to the number of people who created the belief? Well I can fix that too, let me call up a few buddies and they can call a few of their won and I can get several dozens of people to come up with a belief. Will that make it any less made up?

What I get from this is that your belief is no more correct than what I made up in the span of 30 seconds. I basically trivialized your belief to nothingness.

You said it yourself that it was, can`t back off now. Who spoke about a number of believers to make it true? 1 or a million doesn`t make a difference.
It`s not a question of who`s more and who`s less.
You trivialized what? Nothing. As before, either God exists or He doesn`t. Make up 2 million equal to this, if you want, still proves nothing. All you keep doing is going around in circles. We are back to the argument that you can`t prove nothing in a absolute way. Don`t you understand this?
I have me belief and if you have yours so be it.

Rath said:
trestres said:
vlad321 said:

Further proof you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Infinite matter? It is widely believed that there is a finite amount of matter in the universe.

Here, let me highlight the hypocrisy. Can't be proven by facts, yet you take beliefs as facts and then lecture people about how wrong their beliefs are.

That there is finite matter (and energy) in the universe is well supported by evidence. As is the big bang theory.

It's still a theory. The obvserbable Universe is the only thing the Big Bang takes into account. What if our "universe" was a single event inside an infinite Universe? In that case there would be an infinite amount of matter and energy. Also, how do we know what's beyond the observable Universe?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies