By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lots of bashing for the belief of God....

I find that on the internet forums, people are very respectful to different genders, races, and sexual orientations, but there is something about the belief in God that pushes some (certainly not all) people to become extremely bigoted, more generalizing, and overall more hateful and hostile to this specific group of people. 

Take this random quote:

"I've noticed Christians are hypocrites."

What if we replaced "Christains" with another group:

"I've noticed African Americans are hypocrites."

It seems more hateful and politically incorrect, right? So why is it that people with a belief in God are seemingly excluded for the political corectness that help protects so many other groups?

I know certain groups of people were oppressed over time, but there should be a call for equality, not revenge......

Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but it just comes off that way to me......

Around the Network

a lot of people bash everything pretty much.

I'm an agnostic. I have my reasons.

But bashing of someones beliefs imo... particularly when it's for the fuck of it is low.

Because it's the forum rooms favorite past-time.

It has been like this since I came here, theists tend to get bashed off the map just for stating what they believe in and not really imposing it on others. The main reason why I strayed away from religious topics.....

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

The difference betweem race, gender and sexual orientation is that these are born traits of you.

Your belief, however is your choice, it's a way of life, which is in my opinion a very dumb one. (read: my opinion.)

But I'm not touching that one, there are enough people here who think the same as me and can express themselves way better than me. If I would start debating with religious people I would just get banned, and I want to stay a virgin on being banned here (never even banned once!).

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

The difference betweem race, gender and sexual orientation is that these are born traits of you.

Your belief, however is your choice, it's a way of life, which is in my opinion a very dumb one. (read: my opinion.)

But I'm not touching that one, there are enough people here who think the same as me and can express themselves way better than me. If I would start debating with religious people I would just get banned, and I want to stay a virgin on being banned here (never even banned once!).

The problem isn't that, but there is a big difference opinion and indoctrinated that ideals by saying it again and again.....

Pretty much the same reason I don't go into this matter (But saying the opposite thing)

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

Religious or not, some people just don`t know the meaning of respect and tolerance.

You will never hear such things about muslims, only about christians, because people are not afraid to bash a religion that is about love and peace. Many people hate their culture and everything what is included in that culture, such as religion, its the case here in germany among many people, most of them are left-winged, but they wont ever demonstrate against islamists or the political islam, altough that belief is very violent, just because it comes from somewhere else and people here only have the courage to bash everything that belongs to their own culture, even if it is good, but if you bash something from somewhere else, youre a racist. Like I said, thats only the case among many young people here in germany, I dont know if its the same case somewhere else.

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Well, nowdays, people become atheists - they usually aren't born to atheist parents. That probably makes them very defensive of what they've done. For example, if I were born Japanese, I may not be really touchy about being Japanese, yet if I changed my nationality to Japanese, I'd constantly go around telling people what a great thing I've done and how awesome Japan is so that I'd feel comfortable. Or, if I'd been born to Chinese parents initially, I might start insulting China so that it would look like I did the right thing becoming Japanese. In the same way, a lot of atheists probably feel like defending their beliefs, or lack thereof. For this, a lot of them go around bashing religions. This doesn't apply to ethnicity and stuff since they, under normal circumstances, can't be changed.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Its simple, the easiest way to piss people off is to attack their religion.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

Religion gets bashed every time it can come around because there are still many, MANY places in the US which will gladly pass laws and provisions based on the belief in what was written in one fairy tale book or another.

Edit: Instead of practically and logic.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835