By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lots of bashing for the belief of God....

trestres said:
vlad321 said:
trestres said:
vlad321 said:
trestres said:
Hynad said:
Scoobes said:
Hynad said:

They both sound stupid...

And the atheist one isn't actually accurate, it's meant to be expansion from a singular point rather then nothing that "exploded".

But, but, but...  Where did the mass of this "singular point" come from?

Exactly, a singular point is dimensionless and massless.

Do you even know what the hell you are talking about? Massless? It was a singular point with the mass of the entire universe. In fact its density is infinite.

Yeah my bad, anyways how do you fit infinite matter in a finite space? I'm sure you know all the answers to the universe, and then some.

Further proof you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Infinite matter? It is widely believed that there is a finite amount of matter in the universe.

Here, let me highlight the hypocrisy. Can't be proven by facts, yet you take beliefs as facts and then lecture people about how wrong their beliefs are.

The purpose of what I posted was to lighten up the conversation a notch.   Some of you are so dense (mostly vlad321), sheesh. ¬_¬

Around the Network
vlad321 said:

But I do have faith, and I do KNOW that CB is true, and therefore your god isn't. I know it in my very being. The only response you have to this is "let's wait and see what is true" which means there is a need for observable evidence to act as an arbitator.

You are right, maybe she isn't a whore, I am sorry. However, I don't see how "adulterer and liar" can be considered "calling someone names." What other words would you use to describe someone who cheats on their spouse and lies about it which wouldn't insult you? Furthermore, I find it insulting that you claim Mary is a virgin just as you find it insulting I claim she is an adulterer and a liar. In fact almost any claim you make for your belief, my religion finds wrong and I find it insulting, and vice versa.

To me there is no need to prove anything, it may sound like it, but if it was really like that i wouldn`t have much faith, would i? It`s just an expression for those who don`t feel the way religious people do. It can be used for anyone who don`t see the way they do.

First of all you are just making up a ground that doesn`t exist, as you said it before. And that doesn`t seem to be a fair aproach when dealing with something.
So, you don`t believe she was impregnated by the work of the Holy Spirit yet you "think" she cheated with no grounds to do so. In truth, you have the whole story but you no accept one part and draw your conclusions that she cheated on Joseph.
You believe in one part of her life but not on the other part that`s deeply connected to the first. The Bible says she was a virgin and she conceived by the Holy Spirit. You neglect this part and accept the part that Joseph wasn`t involved. So why do you accept part of the Bible and not the whole, in regards to this story? They are connected.

If what i say insults anyone please believe i will restrain to saying it in such a way that it is seen as insulting. If there`s not a whole lot that i can say, i`ll resume to the arguments that i don´t as X sees it and will never act as if i`m better or use insutling words or arguments. It`s a case of sensitive. If others find it insulting i`ll try to no make it insulting the best way i can.

Still let`s imagine i have commited a sin. What`s the point of taking that and start calling names? I don`t go insulting people, for example, that sell themselves for money. I`m not better than them to start offending. I can see how or why they are wrong, but i`m not going to put myself in a place where it`s ok to insult just because they did something that is wrong even if just by my standards. That would be as wrong as what they did.
I always try not to pass on moral judgments. As Jesus said about Magdalene: "He who has no sins, may he cast (at her) the first stone."

DélioPT said:
vlad321 said:

But I do have faith, and I do KNOW that CB is true, and therefore your god isn't. I know it in my very being. The only response you have to this is "let's wait and see what is true" which means there is a need for observable evidence to act as an arbitator.

You are right, maybe she isn't a whore, I am sorry. However, I don't see how "adulterer and liar" can be considered "calling someone names." What other words would you use to describe someone who cheats on their spouse and lies about it which wouldn't insult you? Furthermore, I find it insulting that you claim Mary is a virgin just as you find it insulting I claim she is an adulterer and a liar. In fact almost any claim you make for your belief, my religion finds wrong and I find it insulting, and vice versa.

To me there is no need to prove anything, it may sound like it, but if it was really like that i wouldn`t have much faith, would i? It`s just an expression for those who don`t feel the way religious people do. It can be used for anyone who don`t see the way they do.

First of all you are just making up a ground that doesn`t exist, as you said it before. And that doesn`t seem to be a fair aproach when dealing with something.
So, you don`t believe she was impregnated by the work of the Holy Spirit yet you "think" she cheated with no grounds to do so. In truth, you have the whole story but you no accept one part and draw your conclusions that she cheated on Joseph.
You believe in one part of her life but not on the other part that`s deeply connected to the first. The Bible says she was a virgin and she conceived by the Holy Spirit. You neglect this part and accept the part that Joseph wasn`t involved. So why do you accept part of the Bible and not the whole, in regards to this story? They are connected.

This reminds me of something C.S. Lewis said.  By the way, vlad321 says he considers everyone who believes in God as dumb...  Yet there are people much more intelligent than he is (obviously) who believe in Him, C.S. Lewis being one of them.

Here's the quote that your post reminded me of, DélioPT:

"I was at this time living, like so many Atheists or Antitheists, in a whirl of contradictions.  I maintained that God did not exist.  I was also very angry with God for not existing.  I was equally angry with Him for creating a world."   — C.S. Lewis

trestres said:
vlad321 said:
trestres said:
vlad321 said:
trestres said:
vlad321 said:

Further proof you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Infinite matter? It is widely believed that there is a finite amount of matter in the universe.

Why would an arbitrary amount of matter exist in a singular point? Why instead of the amount you say it wasn't 2 kilograms? All would give infinite density for a singular dimensionless point. Still, tell me how would you fit matter, which has dimensions into a dimensionless point?

I don't know, but are you aware of black holes? Do you know that they are also a singularity?

Yes, I am aware. They are a different singularity and they have a lifespan after which they disappear. I know science cannot explain how they are formed, and will probably never be able to, much less be able to explain the big bang.

And black holes are formed by matte existing in our universe. How was that singular point formed before there was anything? Why did it stop being a singularity?

They do have a lifespan, however do you even know exactly what hawking radiation is before you bring it up? Because let me tell you, if you knew you would probably be yelling "false false false."

I hoenstly can't stop laughing at your sheer ignorance, and persistance to seem like you actually know something. THat said, maybe YOU don't know how black holes are formed, but trust me others have some pretty good ideas. I ask you to stop now because evry time you post you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

Honestly, if we had this discussion about 1000 years ago you would be asking the following questions: "How is the earth not flat? How can it be round? Why does the Earth revolve around the sun and not vice versa?" All in all, it is just laughable. Let me give you some advice:

"It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

It's a little past that point, but there is still plenty of space left for you to say more ignorant things. Then again, if you continue I won't be bothered since you are very entertaining.

Keep on laughing. Like I care. Seriously, you know nothing and pretend to know everything. I will keep on talking, you can laugh if you want, no one cares. Your inner life must be pretty empty if you need to go over the internet pretending to be someone, when in reality you are probably getting let aside. Your disrespect, intolerance, pride, are all nauseous. Give me all the answers, tell me how the universe came to be.

Answer the questions. Ideas, theories. You resort to beliefs, ideas, theories, but not to facts, yet have the balls to tell others that their religion is a fairy tale. You are no less guilty of believing in fairy tales. Tell me what's inside a black hole. Tell me what happens to matter once it crosses the event horizon. Do you think science will ever know? Don't fool yourself. Have some respect for your ownself and actually accept you know nothing, be humble. Be respectful. Behave like a human and not like a soulless entity. I'm actually sorry for you now.

No, wrong again. I don't know everything, but at least I seem to know a hell of a lot more than you. Let me link to you what a theory IS, because you seem a little confused:

A scientific theory comprises a collection of concepts, including abstractions of observable phenomena expressed as quantifiable properties, together with rules (called scientific laws) that express relationships between observations of such concepts. A scientific theory is constructed to conform to available empirical data about such observations, and is put forth as a principle or body of principles for explaining a class of phenomena.

No belief involved in that whatsoever.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
vlad321 said:

If what i say insults anyone please believe i will restrain to saying it in such a way that it is seen as insulting. If there`s not a whole lot that i can say, i`ll resume to the arguments that i don´t as X sees it and will never act as if i`m better or use insutling words or arguments. It`s a case of sensitive. If others find it insulting i`ll try to no make it insulting the best way i can.

Still let`s imagine i have commited a sin. What`s the point of taking that and start calling names? I don`t go insulting people, for example, that sell themselves for money. I`m not better than them to start offending. I can see how or why they are wrong, but i`m not going to put myself in a place where it`s ok to insult just because they did something that is wrong even if just by my standards. That would be as wrong as what they did.
I always try not to pass on moral judgments. As Jesus said about Magdalene: "He who has no sins, may he cast (at her) the first stone."

No. Just no. What I have done is PERFECTLY valid, because everything I have done is on your rules of spirituality, your rules of how I need to close my eyes and "feel" what's out there. The whole point of my argument is that what I made up is EXACTLY like what you believe in, yet completely different.

I also told you that there is PLENTY of empirical evidence that someone back in those days woudl cheat and lie, and how there is empirical evidence women just don't get pregnant by themselves. So you are wrong here, too. I know the whole story, and the part you have that you say is missing I am not, faith says CB is flawless, so even spiritually I have "evidence" in my corner.

FInally let me put it this way. The only way you can stop being insulting is by stoppping to imply that Mary is a virgin, meaning you have to stop saying you are on the right path. The opposite is true for you not to be insulted by me, obviously.

Lastly, that last part you quoted is kind of absolutely hilarious. They wanted to stone Magdelene for a laughably unsuitable crime. I wonder whether he would have said the same thing had they just sentened her to be called a whore by everyone around. What woudl Jesus have said? "Let those who have not whored throw the first word?"

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Hynad said:

You obviously failed at reading comprehension because you seem to have failed at reading several comments I have made, which say that exact phrase.

vlad321 said:
Hynad said:

You obviously failed at reading comprehension because you seem to have failed at reading several comments I have made, which say that exact phrase.

Yet you keep on pretending you know better than most here, even though you have proven time and time again that you don't even understand the scientific concepts that you bring forth.

You're in here only to antagonize people who don't see eye to eye with you, and impose your views on everyone else. It's petty. With the likes of you, there can be no constructive discussions about anything. You're trying to force your views into others, and even rely on directly insulting them. You may think that people have failed at reading comprehension, but if I stick to your own way of calling things you sure failed at every single social skill exams you took.

You don't even know what you want to get or give out of this "discussion" you're in right now. That's quite sad.

Hynad said:
vlad321 said:
Hynad said:

Yet you keep on pretending you know better than most here, even though you have proven time and time again that you don't even understand the scientific concepts that you bring forth.

You're in here only to antagonize people who don't see eye to eye with you, and impose your views on everyone else. It's petty. With the likes of you, there can be no constructive discussions about anything. You're trying to force your views into others, and even rely on directly insulting them. You may think that people have failed at reading comprehension, but if I stick to your own way of calling things you sure failed at every single social skill exams you took.

You don't even know what you want to get or give out of this "discussion" you're in right now. That's quite sad.

Yes I know better because I know what is currently a scietific fact and what isn't. It is not my fault restres seems to have no idea what the hell he is talking about.

Thae particular posts which you failed to understand are the ones wher I outline why atheists are just as wrong as any religion, solely because there is so much shit we don't know about. In fact religious people PERFECTLY fulfill the first part of your quote, because they know utterly jack shit. IN fact any belief is such. The wise man will realize there is no reason to believe in one belief over another because we know jack shit, no reason to believe in Jesus over unicorns. Funny thing is that by me saying that, I completely fulfill the second part of your quote, thus in your very own words I know better than you. You probably wouldn't have used that quote if you hadn't failed at reading though.

I wasn't aware there was a social test but if me getting smashed until 4am last night (right before a final too, really dumb of me I know) is a failure of it, then I wonder wehre you stand. Admittedly, none of my buddies are particularly religious.

trestres said:
vlad321 said:

Here, let me highlight the hypocrisy. Can't be proven by facts, yet you take beliefs as facts and then lecture people about how wrong their beliefs are.

That there is finite matter (and energy) in the universe is well supported by evidence. As is the big bang theory.