By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, PSN is down... still...

deskpro2k3 said:
Hellstrom said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Is PSN necessary for me playing games? No

It totally isn't.

The service is horrid to begin with in comparison to either Steam or Live so i didn't use it for online much anyway.

Your opinion is irrelevant. and/or your comment is meant to fuel flame/trolling. it all depends what game you're playing/enjoy the most, because I definitely do not need LIVE to enjoy the games I play as well.

I'm a PC gamer first, the social aspect is everything. That is practicaly non existent on PS3, most either don't have a mic or leave it off, and the ones that do have it on are always some retard playing rap on the mic Lol.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
chris.m95 said:

been goin on a trophy hunt. been on loads of story campaigns so as to get as many trophies as possible before PSN comes back up. I do wish it would hurry up though SOCOM4 is due to arrive any day soon and i want to play online!! :(

So you don't need to be logged into PSN to get trophies?

No appears not ive managed to bag around 30-trohies in 2 days and no game dis-allows them. I just hope they wont go when PSN comes back up

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Grimes said:

Is it a good thing or bad thing when people don't notice the service being down or say they don't miss it?

Denial.  People like to devalue something they cannot have.  Everyone does it.

just platted GoW3!!! one trophy away from platting ME2!!!

Well I beat the Killzone 3 single player... again. Played the Uncharted 2 single player....... again. Played 20 min of Black ops (360) and switched it off. Played the hell out of Reach and now I'm offically bored :( Come on PSN come back on! Reminds me of the 11 day outage on the 360 I really had nothing to do.

Around the Network
Hellstrom said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It totally isn't.

The service is horrid to begin with in comparison to either Steam or Live so i didn't use it for online much anyway.

That is absolute bullshit. PSN online plays the same as Live and Steam

Hellstrom said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Hellstrom said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It totally isn't.

Your opinion is irrelevant. and/or your comment is meant to fuel flame/trolling. it all depends what game you're playing/enjoy the most, because I definitely do not need LIVE to enjoy the games I play as well.

I'm a PC gamer first, the social aspect is everything. That is practicaly non existent on PS3, most either don't have a mic or leave it off, and the ones that do have it on are always some retard playing rap on the mic Lol.

Yes because Live is full intellectual scholars. I'm just glad I can play online without paying for Jack diddly squat, for now anyways, I hope Sony doens't get any funny ideas. This hasn't affect me so much since most of my time on the PS3 is on single player games but my little bro who plays Uncharted 2 online, has been passing back and forth, checking around the hour so see when it comes back on. Kind of ironic to be honest :) and besides, messing with people playing rap music online is entertain as hell.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

pizzahut451 said:
Hellstrom said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It totally isn't.

That is absolute bullshit. PSN online plays the same as Live and Steam

The PSN has improved so much in the past couple years that it's 100% comparable to Live now. Sure there are (in my opinion useless) features that don't exist on the PS3 like cross-game chat, but it doesn't make it a horrible service.

Who can seriously argue with the price of FREE?! I know I definitely won't be. I've saved so far $180 (Live) switching from a 360 to a PS3 and not having to pay for any online services. It seems like it's not a lot for 3 years, but to me that's 3 new games to add to my library.

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.

Been playin some Fancy Pants Adventures, and I completed Mini Ninjas and Mortal Kombat's story mode (FUCK YOU SHAO KAHN!!!). I think I'll try and finish Yakuza 3 next.

EDIT: I also watched Cop Out, The Other Guys, Takers, Fast & Furious, and Ip Man 2 on Blu Ray.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I'm gonna fire up WWE All-Stars that my friend from work loaned me.  I'm fine.