By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Malstrom: Why Project Cafe will fail

bazmeistergen said:

Baffled by Malstrom's assertion that the PSP is selling better than the 3DS. It isn't and only did so for a couple of weeks in a single region. March is an unusual launch time as far as I'm aware. I think we'll see at Christmas how well this strategy has worked.

Even if it were, the works of the PS2 against the various current consoles certainly didn't mean bad things for them. A console with more games at a lower price and ample supply (though supply isn't the issue in the 3DS' case, the PSP has that all over the 3DS, especially in Japan)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

"It does not work for every kind of game. You and Nintnedo seem to think that it is elements of 3D Mario that keep 2D Mario fans from liking it. That is no the case at all. It is the very fundamentals of the game itself. 3D Mario is a totally different game than 3D Mario, period, the transition to 3D transformed if beyond recognition. No 'fixes' to 3D Mario will ever change that, but will only risk pissing off 3D Mario fans. I for one hate that the levels in the galaxy games are so confined when you had these fun open playground levels in Super Mario 64.

Also, have you played 2D racing games. I have plenty on my Megadrive, and I have F-Zero on my SNES. The gameplay is exactly the same as 3D games, only you can see better in the 3D games. The transition from 2D to 3D in racing games is NOTHING like 2D to 3D platformers. If you say it is, then you are plain and simply wrong.

The truth is that the masses will never want "hardcore" (3D Mario is not hardcore, neither are games like Killzone and CoD, games like Starcraft are hardcore!, Core is a better word) games, they play games for different reasons than core gamers, they will NEVER convert to gamecube-style games."

@Kunkar

If they can't do that they will not grow, and the next big step in consul history will be a monthly rental service that will lower cost of production. Like a modem streaming games to your home.

Other company's have all other possible growth already taped. The home consul will need to evolve or it will see decline. To many products are cornering its growth.

Apple

Albion said:

Just like adding  Motion Control's last generation. This gen they will add tool's to smooth out whats been keeping the casual crowd from jumping into hard core games, by making the experience more intuitive and easy.

Amazing. You're like a doctor who treats a patient complaining of chest pains by giving him an enema. But it's a kinder, gentler enema!

noname2200 said:
Albion said:

Just like adding  Motion Control's last generation. This gen they will add tool's to smooth out whats been keeping the casual crowd from jumping into hard core games, by making the experience more intuitive and easy.

Amazing. You're like a doctor who treats a patient complaining of chest pains by giving him an enema. But it's a kinder, gentler enema!

LOL .     Thanks...... I think >.<     

noname2200 said:
Albion said:

Actually funnily enough people play games and not controllers. People who tend to pay a lot of attention to the minor details tend to miss important facts like these. So in your example it would be like doctors who treat patients complaining of constipation with enemas when a laxitive does the same job with less fuss. Either way, whether they use laxitives or enemas the crap still gets moved.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Either way, whether they use laxitives or enemas the crap still gets moved.

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:

Either way, whether they use laxitives or enemas the crap still gets moved.

In the End, truth be told. Humans are, only Simple Little Compost bugs.  It really is why we exist
I'm glad to know  you guys think i haven't lost touch of what we really are. =)

Thats Dr. Simple Little Compost Bug to you. Moffo. lol

KungKras said:
scottie said:
RolStoppable said:
scottie said:
RolStoppable said:

It is partly based off of the software direction Nintendo is taking with 3DS and quotes from Iwata and Nintendo developers, which is giving hints about what Nintnedo wants to do. Which is the same method Malstrom used to accurately predict the Wii sucess before it was revealed, and the insanity of Other M before that game had concrete details revealed.

Actually, the true way to predict how bad Other M would be was by noticing that they gave control of the one video game with a strong female lead that doesn't succumb to the usual video gamer's fantasies to the makers of this monstrosity. 

scottie said:
KungKras said:
scottie said:
RolStoppable said:
scottie said:
RolStoppable said:

It is partly based off of the software direction Nintendo is taking with 3DS and quotes from Iwata and Nintendo developers, which is giving hints about what Nintnedo wants to do. Which is the same method Malstrom used to accurately predict the Wii sucess before it was revealed, and the insanity of Other M before that game had concrete details revealed.

Actually, the true way to predict how bad Other M would be was by noticing that they gave control of the one video game with a strong female lead that doesn't succumb to the usual video gamer's fantasies to the makers of this monstrosity. 

People are just blaming Team Ninja to put the blame off of sakamoto.

He's the guy that was in charge of the Story and characterizing Samus, not Team Ninja.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Lyrikalstylez said:

Wouldnt doubt it, The way the economy is...Alot of people cant afford a new console right now(Myself included)

especially knowing Nintendo's history it probably wont have much 3rd party support which = a bad investment imo. Mark My Words.............Its a bad Time to release a new console Nintendo

same here bud.

the only way i'd even consider the purchase of a new Nintendo console would be if i see something more than Mario, Zelda, and Samus.