By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World's Worst Graphics on Consoles: Top 10

BenVTrigger said:

That Leisure Suite Larry game must have the sinlge most ugly art design I've almost ever seen from screenshots of it.  As if the horrible textures, lighting, resolution, etc weren't awful enough just the plain art style of it makes it look horrendous.

Art design > raw specs... PARTICULARLY today.

Anyhow, seeing this list, this pops into my head:

They released a Daisenryaku game this generation? Awesome!  It is a turn-based wargame.  I didn't know this.  I wondering if it will ever come out int he west.  And, because it is, this should show that a game said to have "the worst graphics this generation" doesn't matter when it comes to some games.  Gameplay folks, gameplay!

Around the Network
archbrix said:

God, number 1 looks bad.

From those screenshots anyway, that looks like a bad Saturn/PS1 game that would have gone straight to the bargain bin... and sat there forever.

It is a turn-based wargame, that doesn't depend on visuals.  You play over a battlefield, and those are the cutscenes they show as results of attacks. 

And some other games, like Earth Defense Force and Deadly Premonition, the subpar graphics lend charm and cheese factor that make the game cool, as far as I am concerned.  If they were to polish EDF, I wouldn't be as interested in it.

C

Such a Great ps2 game..........errrrr O-Wait this is on 360 and ps3 >_>

I think I re-order some of those 10 personally. But Number 1, WTF? The 'detail' on the stuff like smoke reminds me of an old Looney Toons game I use to play on the Game Boy Colour. 

Graphics aren't everything.

/thread.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I know it's not on the HD consoles but since it's a game from this gen I guess this is a good time to post a Cruisin' screenshot:

I see your Cruisin' shot and raise you Far Cry: Vengeance!

The BuShA owns all!

richardhutnik said:
archbrix said:

God, number 1 looks bad.

From those screenshots anyway, that looks like a bad Saturn/PS1 game that would have gone straight to the bargain bin... and sat there forever.

It is a turn-based wargame, that doesn't depend on visuals.  You play over a battlefield, and those are the cutscenes they show as results of attacks. 

And some other games, like Earth Defense Force and Deadly Premonition, the subpar graphics lend charm and cheese factor that make the game cool, as far as I am concerned.  If they were to polish EDF, I wouldn't be as interested in it.

Hey, I'm all for a certain "cheesy charm" portrayed when talking stlye too; it can apply a certain feeling that the artists/programmers may be going for...

But while I've never actually played this "Daisenryaku Perfect", as I said just based on those screenshots there's no excuse for a PS3/360 game to look that bad.  None whatsoever.

I was playing the new Lego Star Wars III game on the Wii round my friends house and to me it looked awful but one of my mates said it looked good! He hasn't owned any consoles or gaming PC since 6th gen so is quite behind in tech.

Only number one looks bad. The rest of them look fine.

Seeing threads like this shows how ignorant people are of Japanese PS3 games. I can pick 5 that look far worse.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.