By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World's Worst Graphics on Consoles: Top 10

scottie said:

I never said they did have bad graphics, infact, I distinctly note that the post you quoted says exactly the opposite of what you think it says. Perhaps if you actually read what I'm saying instead of assuming that I am trolling the 360, then you and I can actually have a more interesting conversation.

yeah i still dont understand... you said you may as well include adventures and kinectimals... do you mean in this list? Because as I said they easily have better graphics then all on this list.

I do apologise if i misunderstood but its still not clear to me

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Detail takes time, and time is money.  Games targeted for a small audience don't have the budget for average HD graphics.

AussieGecko said:
scottie said:

I never said they did have bad graphics, infact, I distinctly note that the post you quoted says exactly the opposite of what you think it says. Perhaps if you actually read what I'm saying instead of assuming that I am trolling the 360, then you and I can actually have a more interesting conversation.

yeah i still dont understand... you said you may as well include adventures and kinectimals... do you mean in this list? Because as I said they easily have better graphics then all on this list.

I do apologise if i misunderstood but its still not clear to me

I said that If one is to believe that leisure suit larry has bad graphics, then one must also believe that kinect adventures has bad graphics. I happen to believe that neither of them have bad graphics. They are simple and stylised, but that does not mean that they are bad. In both cases (LSL and Kinectimals/Adventures), the graphics do exactly what they are intended to do, and thus they are not bad. My point is, given that LSL and Quake are in the list, the list title would be better off as '10 least photorealistic games on the HD consoles', in which case Kinectimals and Kinect Adventures are decent candidates.

archbrix said:
richardhutnik said:
archbrix said:
richardhutnik said:
archbrix said:

God, number 1 looks bad.

From those screenshots anyway, that looks like a bad Saturn/PS1 game that would have gone straight to the bargain bin... and sat there forever.

It is a turn-based wargame, that doesn't depend on visuals.  You play over a battlefield, and those are the cutscenes they show as results of attacks. 

And some other games, like Earth Defense Force and Deadly Premonition, the subpar graphics lend charm and cheese factor that make the game cool, as far as I am concerned.  If they were to polish EDF, I wouldn't be as interested in it.

Hey, I'm all for a certain "cheesy charm" portrayed when talking stlye too; it can apply a certain feeling that the artists/programmers may be going for...

But while I've never actually played this "Daisenryaku Perfect", as I said just based on those screenshots there's no excuse for a PS3/360 game to look that bad.  None whatsoever.

When the game is a turn-based wargame, and that has NOTHING to do with actual gameplay, then it doesn't matter.

Lol, if anything it allows for the graphics to be even better in these kinds of scenes because they're not restricted by the limitations a fully realized game world would present...

Exactly.  No matter what game it is, it shouldn't be on the PS3, but look like a PS1 game.

@ OP

Pretty good list.  Though, personally, I would definitely added Deadly Premonition.  That game looks horrible.

Number 3 looks like the filler graphics they use to test levels before the final art is done

9 Looks like a late-gen PS2 game. Not awful, just not good by PS360 standards.

1 looks like an iPhone game.

Around the Network

damn #10-2 got hit with an ugly stck....#1 got hit with an ugly 2x4

scottie said:

I said that If one is to believe that leisure suit larry has bad graphics, then one must also believe that kinect adventures has bad graphics. I happen to believe that neither of them have bad graphics. They are simple and stylised, but that does not mean that they are bad. In both cases (LSL and Kinectimals/Adventures), the graphics do exactly what they are intended to do, and thus they are not bad. My point is, given that LSL and Quake are in the list, the list title would be better off as '10 least photorealistic games on the HD consoles', in which case Kinectimals and Kinect Adventures are decent candidates.

yeah i see where you are coming from in terms of avatars etc but the rest not including the avatars have a decent amount of graphic/looks avatars arent going to be designed any better. The characters on LSL can be horrible but the rest doesnt have to be.

I dunno thats the way i see it :)

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

MAG had some pretty disappointing graphics...  

The Gamer - Cheap PS3 Games