By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World's Best Graphics On Consoles! Top 10 by GameReactor

XxXProphecyXxX said:

Right now my list would be:

1.God of war 3

2.Killzone 3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Killzone 2

5.Crysis 2

special mentions to HEAVY RAIN,BATTLE FIELD  2 and UNCHARTED 1.

I know that my list will definitly change once UNCHARTED 3,LAST GUARDIAN and probly INFAMOUS 2 drops, can't wait!!!

ALSO:

LOL @ the guy who keeps saying CODE NAME KINGDOMS will say "bye bye to sony 1st party games",we don't even have a single screen shot from that game AHAHAHAHAH!

I agree. Besides, you have about two and half thousand posts while the guy who claimed kingdoms will kill everyone has like.. 100 lmao. Guy who says KZ2 is the same as KZ3 doesn't even have a 100. Interesting...

Around the Network

Gotta be honest this list sucks.  Dirt, Fight Night Champion, and Just Cause all shouldn't be on here.  Alan Wake and Heavy Rain easily look better than those titles.

And as for the top 3 it should go IMO

1.  Killzone 3

2.  God of War 3

3.  Uncharted 2.

So basically a pretty flawed list I think. 

Where is FFXIII?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

to me the top 3 are real iffy at the moment

it's a close match between KZ3, GOW3 and UC2!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Wow and I just realized this list doesn't have Mass Effect 2.

How on Earth can any top 10 graphics lists include games like Just Cause, Fight Night, and Dirt and leave off Mass Effect?

This list really is horrible. 

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

How on Earth can any top 10 graphics lists include games like Just Cause, Fight Night, and Dirt and leave off Mass Effect?

Which game looks better? Dead Space 2 or Mass effect 2? I don't know.

The list doesn't have Castlevania Lords of Shadow either.

That game looks better than Dead Space 2 but it has frame-rate problems.

mantlepiecek said:
BenVTrigger said:

Hmmm between Dead Space and Mass Effect its close.  I did really think Dead Space 2 was gorgeous but it and Mass Effect have very different art styles even though they're both in space.  If I had to choose one though it would probably go to Mass Effect just for the INSANE amount of detail put into the alien races that you can see in the close ups while talking to them.  When you talk to Grunt or Thane close up the little details really are phenominal.

Edit:  Actually for sure I'd go with Mass Effect the detail on characters is just above and beyond almost any other game.

BenVTrigger said:
mantlepiecek said:
BenVTrigger said:

Hmmm between Dead Space and Mass Effect its close.  I did really think Dead Space 2 was gorgeous but it and Mass Effect have very different art styles even though they're both in space.  If I had to choose one though it would probably go to Mass Effect just for the INSANE amount of detail put into the alien races that you can see in the close ups while talking to them.  When you talk to Grunt or Thane close up the little details really are phenominal.

Yeah, grunt looked extra-ordinary. Garrus not so much but still good.

Well its quite difficult to do top 10, and they did miss Castlevania as well. They also missed Assassins Creed which looks great too so I think they just tried to include as many different genre's as possible and not effect the top 5 or so.

God of War 3 will not make my top 10 list ever. Static camera is BORING to look at. Its not visually stimulating at all to have on rails camera which you can't control to enjoy the scenery and graphics...

The rest I agree with, somewhat.

Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Right now my list would be:

1.God of war 3

2.Killzone 3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Killzone 2

5.Crysis 2

special mentions to HEAVY RAIN,BATTLE FIELD  2 and UNCHARTED 1.

I know that my list will definitly change once UNCHARTED 3,LAST GUARDIAN and probly INFAMOUS 2 drops, can't wait!!!

ALSO:

LOL @ the guy who keeps saying CODE NAME KINGDOMS will say "bye bye to sony 1st party games",we don't even have a single screen shot from that game AHAHAHAHAH!

Killzone 2 is in no way shape or form even close to Crysis 2, please drop that comparison.. It is on par or slightly better then Killzone 3. Using a huge color palette it is alot more difficult to make things look sharp and crisp, rather then going the mono-brown approach that the Killzone series has always used. In terms of scale Crysis 2 blows everything away, but in terms of detail, textures, and lighting only UC2 is slightly better.

Uhhh I have both games on my ps3 and finished both so please spare me the "mono -brown is easier" excuse because I've seen both games running in 50inch samsung with my OWN EYES.