By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World's Best Graphics On Consoles! Top 10 by GameReactor

God of war is yuk lol uncharted is a graphical beast but 1 even im surprised although it looks better then killzone in most parts :D

they should extend this list to 20 cause i want to see where drakes fortune got its a really graphical impressive game especially in 2007

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Right now my list would be:

1.God of war 3

2.Killzone 3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Killzone 2

5.Crysis 2

special mentions to HEAVY RAIN,BATTLE FIELD  2 and UNCHARTED 1.

I know that my list will definitly change once UNCHARTED 3,LAST GUARDIAN and probly INFAMOUS 2 drops, can't wait!!!

ALSO:

LOL @ the guy who keeps saying CODE NAME KINGDOMS will say "bye bye to sony 1st party games",we don't even have a single screen shot from that game AHAHAHAHAH!

Killzone 2 is in no way shape or form even close to Crysis 2, please drop that comparison.. It is on par or slightly better then Killzone 3. Using a huge color palette it is alot more difficult to make things look sharp and crisp, rather then going the mono-brown approach that the Killzone series has always used. In terms of scale Crysis 2 blows everything away, but in terms of detail, textures, and lighting only UC2 is slightly better.

Uhhh I have both games on my ps3 and finished both so please spare me the "mono -brown is easier" excuse because I've seen both with my OWN EYES.

So have I, played through both KZ2 and KZ3.. I am giving you reasoning as to why it is "lazy" developing doing a mono-palette, nobody is going to deny that Killzone uses a mono-palette to shade their games. Just my personal opinion, but in no way is KZ2 on the level that C2 is at.

well deserved

Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

1.God of war 3

2.Killzone 3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Killzone 2

5.Crysis 2

I know that my list will definitly change once UNCHARTED 3,LAST GUARDIAN and probly INFAMOUS 2 drops, can't wait!!!

ALSO:

LOL @ the guy who keeps saying CODE NAME KINGDOMS will say "bye bye to sony 1st party games",we don't even have a single screen shot from that game AHAHAHAHAH!

Killzone 2 is in no way shape or form even close to Crysis 2, please drop that comparison.. It is on par or slightly better then Killzone 3. Using a huge color palette it is alot more difficult to make things look sharp and crisp, rather then going the mono-brown approach that the Killzone series has always used. In terms of scale Crysis 2 blows everything away, but in terms of detail, textures, and lighting only UC2 is slightly better.

Uhhh I have both games on my ps3 and finished both so please spare me the "mono -brown is easier" excuse because I've seen both with my OWN EYES.

So have I, played through both KZ2 and KZ3.. I am giving you reasoning as to why it is "lazy" developing doing a mono-palette, nobody is going to deny that Killzone uses a mono-palette to shade their games. Just my personal opinion, but in no way is KZ2 on the level that C2 is at.

And IMO KZ2 > Crysis 2 and it aint because of no mono-grey or brown or colorful rainbow color pallet and it has nothing to do with being lazy its the whole design of the game a dirty gritty destroyed helgan planet.

Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

1.God of war 3

2.Killzone 3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Killzone 2

5.Crysis 2

ALSO:

To be fair Killzone 2 did use one of the most mono-palette's I've ever seen in a game and was incredibly confined in very small corridors.  For those reasons I really don't find it all that impressive and would say Crysis 2 is FAR superior.

That being said Killzone 3 is colorfull as hell, and much more open.  As a whole I would say KZ3 is graphically the best game on the market.  Not the best in every area but the sum of its parts as a package make it the best.

Around the Network
Oblivion86 said:

Its NOT lazy to use a single color palette.....when your on an alien planet.

Killzone's not happening on the Earth man, that is Uncharted and crysis. Killzone is happening on some alien planet that is not so good for human inhabitation and imo they have nailed the artistic graphics right on the head with killzone.

The scene and everything is captured perfectly in killzone and to this date it is astonishing to me how the hell did guerilla imagine such an amazing universe. Lightning through the skies, gaseous clouds in the sky, winds blowing throughout the region, sky colour, the water and reflections, the desert, with the quiet feeling that nobody is around you and the insects on top of that, no other game matches the artisitc imagination of Killzone in the top 5 graphical kings.

I prefer the way killzone is. I don't want it to be a rainbow Uncharted copycat, there are other games for that.

ughhh,my heart is really broken because mgs 4 is not there. it should be atleast above just cause 2. anyways congrats to uncharted 2,GOW III,killzone 3,and to all the awesome sony fans out there.

Nice list. I'm sure a few of the titles in the bottom half (6-10) could have been shuffled but the top 5 were pretty much on point. UC2 forever!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

I agree WTH is just cause, fight night  and the rest of those unworthy games doing in that list!

replace those with MGS4 or heavy rain or battlefield 2!

Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Oblivion86 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

1.God of war 3

2.Killzone 3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Killzone 2

5.Crysis 2

ALSO:

You'd have to also take into consideration that Crysis 2 barely runs in comparison to Killzone 2. One is 720p, a constant 30FPS, lacks bugs and has great looking character models, while the other has some serious pop in issues, the framerate drops to as low as 15FPS, ugly looking enemy character models and has some bugs.

I personally think Crysis 2 looks better than Killzone 3, but the visual issues it's suffers from can only make them equal in my personal list. Sure Killzone 2 is brown, but it's also flawless in it's visual execution, the same can't be said for Crysis 2.

It's all opinions anyway, you may think that a darker colour palette hurts the visuals more than a bunch of technical issues, I think otherwise, it's all cool.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752